*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/641535-Inner-Demons
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #641535
Another one of my strange pieces from nowhere....
         She felt a thousand eyes upon her as she walked through the empty room. Her pace quickened as she heard the resolute sound of muffled footsteps. She looked around quickly for a place to hide, but found nothing but the ever present smooth, white walls surrounding her, trapping her. Suffocating her.
         “Escape” the deafeningly silent voice whispered. She looked up at the window, leagues above her head. She then looked at the smooth white wall, the untarnished path to freedom, its perfection making it impossible to scale. As she stood and stared up at the window, the ever present footsteps neared. She spun in terror to face the unknown haunt, to see…nothing.
         “So you thought I would let you see me, did you?” the mocking voice taunted. She shrank back in fear, attempting to become part of the wall.
         “That won’t work…I am everywhere, you cannot hide…” In terror, she tried to reach the window, but fell short of her goal. She resorted to curling up into the fetal position, her back against the wall.
         With a final cackle, the voice faded away. For now, she thought. She knew it would be back. She began to pace around the room, waiting for the demon’s inevitable return.
© Copyright 2003 apatheticshroom (angelshroom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/641535-Inner-Demons