*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/644702-Her-Place-Fer-Supper
by sybil
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #644702
Short comedy written usin' song titles...contest entry
 "Her Place Fer Supper"  (E)
Short comedy written usin' song titles...contest entry
#644702 by sybil

"Her Place Fer Supper"

Delmer turned, slammed the door, stomped down the driveway, and crawled into his RUSTY CHEVROLET.

Daisy just about panicked. “STOP! IN THE NAME OF..." LOVE sucks anyway, she thought to herself.

“Just git out’a here!” Daisy yelled after him, “Le’eme alone – ALL BY MYSELF!”

“I’LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS, Sweetcakes,” he says mockingly. I’m ‘a gonna git myself some GOOD LOVE!” Delmer screams, his face all scrunched up, and turning colors.

How stupid is he, she wonders? Looks like a dern PURPLE PEOPLE EATER or somethin’. Daisy wandered through the old house, muttering to herself, refusing to just LET IT BE.

Finally, she tripped over Delmer’s CHRISTMAS SHOES, she could hold it in no longer. She screamed out loud, “Okay! That’s it!”, and she ran outside and yelled out into the night, “Know WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU, Delmer? Nuthin’! That’s what! “Nuthin’! And don’ ev’n tern on yer dumb cell phone thingy, ‘cause I wouldn’ call ‘ya even if’n yer GRANDMA GOT RUN OVER BY A REINDEER! ”

But she did. And Daisy did call him on his cell phone. Turns out, Grandma just got some minor bumps and bruises, was treated and released at the local ER. They all went home to her place fer supper. 
“Da End”
© Copyright 2003 sybil (sybill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/644702-Her-Place-Fer-Supper