*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/645579-Stalk-her
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Drama · #645579
I don't know why I followed her but I did.
I saw her from a distance. A love she could not see. The first time I met jessica, there was nothing I knew. After following her for so long. My life felt like part of something important. She would leave her house seven in the morning. From there she would sit in front of her store where she sold second hand goods. I always wondered what she thought of as she sat there. I would walk by her, I wondered if she noticed me. Think there was nothing to see while she worked. Her smile, it was worth seeing everyday. Every time she said thank you to her customers. Maybe she put that smile on for her customers, but I enjoyed seeing it everyday. Once she closed her store, she would head home. On Fridays she would do her shopping.


Every three months she would visit her mother's grave at a cemetery. As she visited her mother, I visited my father. Talking to his grave I would tell him about Jessica. These feelings made me feel sick. Deep inside of me I knew what I was doing was wrong. After a while this became a force of habit just to follow her. I did not know what made me do this. Looking in the mirror in my house I told myself to stop. The voice in my head would not listen. What was I going to do? I became very ill after worrying myself, but I did not stop following her.


It was Friday I waited for her outside near the corner of the grocery store. Her car was parked nearby. As I looked at the sunset, I thought of how much beauty was in it. Never looking away I watched the sun disappear in the horizon. The stars appeared in to the night sky. To the left of me I heard screams for help. It was Jessica; two men were attacking her near her car. I ran toward them yelling, one of them ran off. The other was strangling her with his left hand. I pushed him off of her. He pushed me with his left hand and with his right fired his gun into my stomach. I felt the bullet exit through my back. The man ran off as I fell to the ground. "Oh my god!" she yelled out. "Let me go get help." Before she could take off I grabbed her hand and said, "Stay with me. Stay with me please." She stayed there beside me, screaming for someone to help me. A tear ran down her cheek. "Don't cry Jessica." I told her, she looked into my eyes "How did you know my name?" After all those days she smiled. I showed her my smile and said "I follow...." The rest of the words never came out I died with her staring at me.


Before I met Jessica there was nowhere I fitted into this world. After meeting her I felt part of something.
© Copyright 2003 james lee (goodmoro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/645579-Stalk-her