*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/651372-Kai--Part-4
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #651372
So is Kai the loner and is he the leader
***This is my one chance. If i can't change him now then i give up. He can go to Death.*** Kai thought. He glared at Reef. ***This is my revenge.***

Tori gripped her sword. Her hands were sweaty and she was scared. For once in her life she was scared. The anger that radiated off Kai made her uneasy.Yet for some unknown reason she was feeling excitement beneath the fear. A lust for a fight. Tears pricked in her eyes. She did not want to hurt anyone. Not even with the lust did she want to harm. Suddenly Kai was fighting with Reef. A tear rolled down her cheek. Before her sister had been murdered by demons they had had the usual siterly squabbles but this was to the death. Two brothers were fighting and the loser truelly lost every thing. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Kai fall to his knees. Reef's sword stabbed at Kai's arm and sliced through the top layer of his skin. She felt the pain. Reef yelled something. The cruel man's powerlevels rose extrodinarily.

Kai saw Reef call all the souls of the demons to him. The power Reef gained meant he was weaker now. Unless Tori pulled herself together and helped he would die. He fought on. The Tiger gave him limitless energy. Maybe that meant he had to tire his nemesis out before finishing him off. Reef lunged at him. He caught the blow in his shoulder. He still held on to his sword and the voice of an angel seemed to come to him.

"Saru arma staryl harmyhanal. Karma soltol. Coli hata. Ra mong galata. Sol manatala se men ehal" Tori pressed her palms together and sang the song of the wood elves. The pain in her side died and Kai healed visibly. She through herself into the fight. Her sword knocked Reef's away. Reef was sent across the room. Tori lifted Reef into the air and pulled him to them with her mind.

"Now you have lost Reef." Kai growled, "You have lost but i will not kill you."
Reef looked dazed, "Why not."
"You are my brother and you are not so evil not to change," A smile passed over Kai's face," As long as you are minus your memory. You will remember none of this after tonight and you will know nothing of magic beyond demons. You will believe what everyone else believes and you will become a priest in some old church." Kai passed his hand over Reef's face. Every trace of power left the man and he fell limp in the air. Around them the sub-dimension faded. Reef's little prison world disolved into an early morning in Golium Park. Tori let Reef go and without looking back Kai and the elf left the park.

Tori sat back in the soft couch in the most expensive hotel in the town. Kai had agreed that they could have two days off. Unlike any other day she had known him Kai was enjoying himself. he said that with Reef gone he felt like he had a wheight off his back. She thought it was likely that he did feel like that. however she did not understand why his aura now glowed around him far more brightly than when the fight with Reef. He had only shaken his head when she had asked.
"When you are ready, i will tell you. But not now." he had said.
***No point in worrying now.*** Tori sipped at her pina colada.***I might as well enjoy myself.***

The room Kai had bought for them was very comfortable. He tended to stay in the room or by the pool. Sometimes he wondered down to the amusement arcade but he was not one for the over valued games that small minded rich kids enjoyed. No he liked the view outside the room and that was where he found Tori. She was a sleep in a chair on the balcony. He tip toed passed her and looked into the distance. On the horizon he saw the next town, Fiar view.He had never been there and with Reef gone this town was safe enough for him to leave. Maybe he would go there.

"Go where?" Tori asked Kai as she felt his thoughts.
He turned around and then pointed to the distance. Other than that he was silent. She stood up and joined him.
"Kai?" she asked, "Are you gonna miss here?"
"No.I never really liked this town. There are to few dragons... I always wanted to ride a dragon." He said wistfully.
"What about Gizmo?"
"She's set up to every town. So we never really leave her."
"So she's like a moving mate or summin'?" she yawned," Are you really considering going there?"
"Yeah. It's time i - we moved on. Our job is done." he looked side ways at her. Tears streaked her face," What's wrong?"
"I phoned my... my parents. I told them i wasn't coming home but i might visit. I don't think..." her voice cracked.
He took her hand in his and squeezed it gently," You go visit them if you want to. It can wait."
"You don't get it Kai. I don't know if i'm ready to leave them yet. I'm fifteen years old!" She clutched his hand as if it was a life vest.
Kai was silent then to Tori's suprise he broke the ice between them and hugged her. It was brief but it was enough to make her feel better.She sniffed.
"I'm sorry."
"Don't be. It's the same for all of us when we first leave." Kai admitted, "I grew up in the mountains of Bohimia. I never really thought of leaving until the White Tiger came to me." Suddenly his voice went cold,"Then of course i was sent away for school. No one wanted someone who said he wanted to fight demons. The place i was went to was not the place you found that computor at but an Abbey. It trained you in every subject twenty-four-seven then after that you had to fight. That was the worst time i can remember."
"So in the end you had no choice?"
"But i've always wanted to go back." he walked to the other end of the balcony and pointed to some mountains. They were traced in ebony and the sunset behind them, "I just don't think i'd be able to leave after i'd rid them of their demons."
Tori saw a deep longing in his eyes as he stared out to the now dimming mountains. She smiled, "Forget Fiar view! Let's go there in stead. I'll make you come back with me."
He nodded. "I'm sure you will." His face still looked serious but now she could see amusement in his eyes. It was a start. Maybe one day soon she could make him lose the frown lines and stressful aura and make him less red and blue, calm.

The two days were over and there were no signs of demons. Dragons had left for their winter immigration to the northen terrain and the town was just beginning to realise. Tori had found it as hard as she had expected to say goodbye to her parents but now they were on the open road. Kai was happy. He liked change and he remembered one bonus about the road they were on. The red dragons lived there. They were heat livers and Kai knew that once they found a nest he could tame one with their tongue. The gift of tongues was a great power that all WhiteTiger's were given as well as transformation if you gained enough power. Flying was a gift only two of the entire race had been given, Kai often wondered if he could one day learn how.

The road was long and tedious. Tori could only see a dead straight road ahead of them. She could not regretting offering that they go here. After checking that Kai was not listening to her thoughts she began to think of him. He was actually rather a thoughtful young man in her oppinion, only his parents had turned their backs on him and so had Reef. She figured that Reef turning into the monster they had destroyed must have been the worst blow to him that could have happened.
She glanced over at him. There was a wistful look in his eyes that made her heart turn over. His eyes were like a child's, like a small child returning home after their first trip outside alone. She smiled. He was not so bad and she could have sworn that in the short time she had known him he had changed, or maybe she had changed. She hoped he had changed for the better.

Kai saw the first dragon nest high above them on a ridge on Giants Boulder. It was a small clan from what he could see and the Alpha Male was ready to find its prey. He stopped in the middle of the path. He pointed out the dragon clan. Tori stepped back.
"Dragons." she breathed.
"Aren't they beautiful." Kai whispered.
"Beautiful! They're drangerous monsters."
"So what they're graceful, magical beasts with enough power to take over the world. But like us they are divided by war and colonies. Before us is a small clan of Red's." He whistled the cry of the dragon.
The Alpha Male turned its head.
"Kai. It's looking at us."
"I'm calling it. It'll give us a ride."
<Beast of Fire.> Kai called to the dragon, <I have your tongue. I am one of you.>
<You man. You kill us.> the dragon blew fire with his reply.
<I am a WhiteTiger. I protect you as Red Dragons>
<WhiteTiger man?> the dragon seemed confused.<No man is powerful enough to wield the power.>
<I have the mark and i need your help.>
<We help you WhiteTiger if you let me see marks.>
<Come down and you can see.> Kai felt victory over the beast coming.

A huge dragon flew down to them. Tori tighhtened her grip on her sword. The dragon settled infront of Kai and began to sniff at him and scan him with those huge flame filled eyes. Then it turned to her.
<You WhiteTiger elf. Good are the elves of yesterday. Bad are the elves of tomorrow. Which are you yesterday or tomorrow?> the dragon's thought stunned her.
<I hope i am todays.> she replied Tori nervously.
<Good answear. We help you.> The dragon sat back spread his wings and roared. The very earth seemed to awaken. Four dragons flew down from the Giants Boulder.

Kai was sat apon the Alpha Male whose name was Syke and Tori was placed apon the Alpha Female whose mname was Skye. He asked the dragons to fly them to his village. As they rose into the air he suddenly found dought in his plan. What if his parents hated him and Tori? What if the village rejected them? He would have to ask the dragons to stay close by for a while. He finally managed to relax and far before them he could see the village dawning on the horizon.

On the dragons it only took a few minuites to arrive at Kai's town. He requested the dragons to drop them off a little way from the town as not to scare the people and then something else which the beast obviously agreed to and Tori was not suppossed to know of. Kai's face was pale now. He was nervous and she knew that was not a good sign. She squeezed his hand before they knocked on the gate. A face appeared at the tower and he gate slowly rose.

© Copyright 2003 Dr Matticakes Myra (dragoon362 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/651372-Kai--Part-4