*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/661635-Vinegar
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #661635
A man dances on a street corner with a child.
Vinegar


         The bottle was empty. He unscrewed the cap anyway. The scent of vinegar filled the tiny kitchen. Such a strong smell, full of energy, vibrant. He sighed, disappointed.
         "I have to run to the store, " he called down the hall, "We're all out!"
         No one answered, yet this neither surprised or disturbed him. He grabbed a set of keys off the counter, put on his favorite hat, and stepped out the door. He smiled as the latch clicked shut behind him, though he still checked to make sure it had locked.
         The hallway was dark; the light bulb had long burned out. The wall was caked with grease, old strips of checkered wallpaper, and the dark stains of fecal matter. Small bits of plaster from the ceiling lay strewn about the floor. A sweaty, rotting stench filled his mouth, an almost tangible spawn of human waste. He paused and tipped his hat down around his eyes as he trudged down to the stairs.

***Work in Progress...See my other complete story in my Portfolio******
© Copyright 2003 Lyre Frost (onizuka at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/661635-Vinegar