*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/665846-An-Empty-Void
by Blaze
Rated: E · Essay · Cultural · #665846
A Generation Without Emotions
I do not feel emotions.
Life is a series of numb scenes.
I drift a long in a void ocean
With only time for company.

I do feel emotions extreme…
Pounding, Raw, Larger than life.
Overwhelmed! I begin to scream.
I must restore calm, silence.

Is there no middle ground?
Must emotions explode out with
Chest pains and heart pound?
I am so wound up.

My generation, lost in a vast sea of differences, has found we are all the same. We do not feel. Cut off from emotion we try to reconnect with what was lost but we are not sure what it is. The drugs pound through our system and for a small, fleeting moment life sparks. We cut ourselves if only to prove that we are still alive. Psychologists say it is because we feel so much pain that we are a reckless and violent generation. I disagree. I think that it is the absence of pain, of joy, of emotional sensation that causes such behavior. The rise of teen suicides, pregnancy, violence, all just to bring back the spark of life. We feel like we were born dead. Afraid to sit still we run from place to place hiding from the very thing that could save us, destroy us.

What if we were to, for one fleeting moment, allow a sensation? To stop and examine our emotions? But that would make our facade crumble and fade. We would become real people with all the pain and joy attached. People with flaws. We would become imperfect and subject to a very different set of rules. We do not allow imperfection!

So what are we to do? Could this be the Devil’s greatest triumph or a trap of our own making?
Where is God? Is he not a factor in our equation. The "giver of life," "the Hope of the world" is not present in this time. That was the Devil’s greatest triumph. We do not believe since God does not exist. But what if He does?


Blaze

"The Devil's greatest triumph is making the world believe he doesn't exist. His second greatest triumph is making the world believe there is no God.


© Copyright 2003 Blaze (peach2play at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/665846-An-Empty-Void