*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/667429-Things-Pres-Bush-and--dad-might-discuss
by arice
Rated: E · Short Story · War · #667429
Did you ever wonder what President Bush and his father might have discussed about the war?
Do you think maybe President Bush had a conversation, about a year ago, with his father that went something like this?

“Dad, Iraq is mad at us, what should I do?”
“Son, we can take them, they have much oil, it will be good for the American economy, and you will be a popular president. Have the media show Saddam as a mean dictator, no one likes him anyway. Have the news people show many pictures of torture within the country. Talk much of terrorists; say the word evil many times. Use God’s name when talking about our country and weapons of mass destruction when talking about theirs. We have a powerful army, son, we can take them.”

Do you think President Bush had a conversation with his dad, not so long ago, that went something like this?

“Dad, North Korea is mad at us, what should I do?”
“Son, we can take them, they have trinkets, it will be good for the American economy, and you will be a popular president. Have the media show them as evil people. The Americans don’t like them anyway. Have the news shows tell many stories of torture within the country. Talk much of terrorists; say the word evil many times. Use God’s name when talking about our country and weapons of mass destruction when talking about theirs. We have a powerful army, son, we can take them.”

Do you think President Bush will have a conversation with his dad, in the not so far off future, which might go something like this?

“Dad, China is mad at us, what should I do?”
“Son, you are the president, not me, I can’t solve all your problems for you.”
© Copyright 2003 arice (arice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/667429-Things-Pres-Bush-and--dad-might-discuss