*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/678235-I-Know-What-You-Are
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #678235
This is what I wrote for her because I was much stronger literally than I was verbally.
I know what You are. You are a thief, the world's greatest.
What You take, You keep forever. Your grasp will never let it go.
Hiding my treasure has never stopped You. You know just how to fool me.
When I ask for it back, You disappear.
I am weak. You are untouchable!

I know what You are. You are a siren, the world's greatest.
Your voice haunts me forever. Your song will never let me go.
Covering my ears has never stopped You. You know what notes will capture me.
When You end Your song, You leave me wanting more.
I am gullible. You are undeniable!

I know what You are. You are a tyrant, the world's greatest.
Your judgment pierces me forever. Your gaze will never let me go.
Closing my eyes has never stopped You. You know just how to break me.
When I pledge my allegiance, You claim my life.
I am vulnerable. You are infallible!

But how? How can someone so beautiful be so wicked? What man-- what god can justify this paradox? Is this a completely fresh and undiscovered revelation? Or am I the only fool to have taken so long to come to this realization? Something is not right. Somewhere I have made the mistake of crossing logic and heart. There must have been some drunken stupor where my senses were fooled by my feelings rather than--.

I know what You are. I have felt You throughout my existence. I have heard Your whispers in the night and the day. I have seen Your image in my dreams.

You are an angel, the world's greatest.
The heaven in Your face, the ballad in Your voice, the garden in Your smell, the honey in Your taste, the grace in Your embrace. They will never let me go.
What You have stolen, I do not want returned. The lyrics You have sung, I do not want to end. The look that You gave me, I do not want forgotten.

Your hands define strength. You hold my world together.
Your voice defines symphony. You keep my world blissful.
Your eyes define benevolence. You keep my world pure.

I break my own heart, and You come to save me. You know just how to move and how to move me.
When I fight not to fall in love, I hope You will understand.
I am human. And You are Incredible.
© Copyright 2003 Stephen Anim (stephenlanim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/678235-I-Know-What-You-Are