*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/678961-Matthews-Second-Year
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Biographical · #678961
This letter describes my son's second year of life.
Saturday Jan 18, 2003

Dear Matthew,
Today is your second birthday. This is a quiet day with just family. Grandma and Grandpa came over to help celebrate along with Aunt Donna. Some of the gifts you received were: a wooden puzzle board with handles, a pull toy that stored blocks, a See 'N Say, and Etch A Sketch, and clothes.
You didn't get your birthday cake at Bill Knapp's this year since they went out of business. Consequently, half of your "harem" went looking for other jobs. You'll learn later in life that this could happen, since the economy can have its ups and downs.
During this past year you've become more steady on you feet. Now, you're learning how to run. Heaven help us all! Also, now that you're more independant, Shadow is having a bad time. After all, you can now follow her and chase her. Poor Shadow!
Daddy and I were a little leary at Christmastime about you being around the tree. You did take off a few ornaments and want to throw them. One tradition we;ve started is getting a dated ornament for you every year.
You've been going to swim classes at the Y, but you would cry in the water. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough money. The biggest thing I want you to learn besides all the other basics is to not be afraid of the water. I want you to know how to swim.
The one thing I've noticed is that you're very picky about food. Thank God you don't have any food or dairy allergies. We've been trying different foods and most you keep rejecting. We have noticed your sweet tooth, as well as, you love of pasta and pizza. Fruits, vegatables, and meats are the next mountains to climb and conquer.
You are still wanting to use a bottle, and I'm trying desperately to switch you to sippy cups. I guess you just don't want to grow up. Another concern, for me anyway, is that you DON'T want to talk. I don't know what to do to try to help you. I hope that I haven't caused this. You don't want me to read to you. Instead, you want to rip and rip pages into tiny little pieces. WHAT A MESS!
I hope this next year will prove to be less challenging and more rewarding. We'll have to wait and see.

I Love You,
Mom
© Copyright 2003 Moody Blue: Needs an Upgrade (shadowpup at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/678961-Matthews-Second-Year