*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/680636-Savior
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #680636
Sometimes, mere words can save a life. An Ameni Chronicles short story.
AUTHOR'S NOTE: This short story is my first "official" tie-in to "The Ameni Chronicles. That is, aside from two short erotica stories featuring the character Hn'hrakhu, who is merely mentioned in the Chronicles, this is my FIRST short story to feature Apsiu characters currently in the ongoing series. Woohoo! ^_^

This story is about the characters Fa'rukha and She'hekha. She'hekha is a very distrustful Kana, yet in the Chronicles, his trust in Fa'rukha is very clear. Why does he trust this particular person so much, and no one else? Read on and find out...

(It is best to have read up to at least "Part 55: Awakening if you do not want any plot points spoiled! If this story strikes you as vague, then please see Part 55 for clarification.)

This item has not been proofread. Please beware typos.


* * * * *


FA'RUKHA LAY UPON his cot and stared up at the ceiling with furrowed brow. It had been too long now. Far too long. He was beginning to grow worried...hells, he was long past beginning to grow worried.

One of his trainees had not been present at the Kana barracks for the past three days running. Fa'rukha knew She'hekha's nature by now, and it was not like him to miss so much training. Certainly, there had been times he'd shown up late; but each one of those times, Fa'rukha assumed he had been ill or otherwise indisposed, if the pale look to his face and the way he limped when he arrived were any indication. But...three days? Where was he? What was he doing?

Fa'rukha himself was rather young, at eighteen, to be a barracks lieutenant. Yet there was a shortage of Kana sufficiently capable of filling the position of training the younger Kana for military life. And so Fa'rukha had been given the duty. He made it a point to know the names of everyone in his barracks area, and to know which ones were reliable and which ones weren't. Though She'hekha was not the best fighter he had ever seen, neither was he a slouch. So for him to be absent for so very long now was disconcerting.

He finally pushed himself up with a sigh and swung his legs over the edge of the cot. He slept in a room separate from the great barracks hall where everyone he trained slept, so he could give his mind a little peace. It wasn't unusual to awaken to hear several of the soldiers panting or grunting as they pleasured themselves with each other, no females or slaves being allowed in the barracks. This didn't bother Fa'rukha so much, as his own desire to rest in silence. It was difficult to do so when he knew that every night some of his trainees were busy making love when they should have been sleeping and preparing for the day ahead.

Still, this wasn't within his control, nor was it his concern...

Fa'rukha stood and stretched his wings, yawning and scratching at the space between them. He didn't need to dress, as he had worn a light kilt to bed; he simply slipped on his sandals and padded from the room, his eyes adjusting quickly to the darkness beyond. He walked down the main aisle of the barracks, past several dozen sleeping Kana, and past a few who were not quite sleeping, yet; he ignored the noises they made as he left the building, setting foot outside into the cool air and taking a deep breath and letting it out. The musky smell of nesakh'ai [author's note: the Kana word for sex] had grown a little too overwhelming; he needed to clear his head and think.

As Fa'rukha walked about the empty barracks yard, he went over all the possible reasons for She'hekha's absence. The Kana had an overbearing father, he knew that. Although She'hekha was sixteen, old enough to live on his own should he have the means, his father still insisted on treating him like a child, at least in Fa'rukha's presence. Fa'rukha had never talked with them together, nor had he really gotten to speak with She'hekha himself on a personal level, but every time Lord Hakh'tas spoke to him about his son, he struck Fa'rukha as very rude and sneering. She'hekha was not the best fighter, true, but neither did he seem even half as bad as his father painted him to be.

If he isn't so bad as that, then where is he?

Fa'rukha hated his instincts being proven wrong. With a little stepping up in training, he had been certain the young Kana would make a good soldier...his instincts on such matters had never been wrong before, so he couldn't understand why they were so off now.

He glanced upwards, and saw stars glittering back.

Fa'rukha sighed. It was too late at night to be worrying about such things, when he could do nothing at this hour. If She'hekha did not arrive in the morning, he would simply go and speak with his father after the morning's training was complete. There wasn't much of anything else he could do; if one didn't wish to train, he couldn't make them.

With this thought in mind, he told himself to get his own much-needed sleep, no matter how perplexed he might feel. He turned around on one foot and made his way back to the Kana barracks, wings slumping and eyes blurring.

* * * * *


By the time morning arrived, Fa'rukha had not gotten much more sleep than he had already. Still, he arose before everyone else, poured water over himself behind the barracks, dressed in his everyday training kilt and armor, retrieved his sword, took the time to eat a few figs and then do a lap around the building, then went inside again to wake the trainees.

They were all asleep now in their separate beds, and Fa'rukha walked up and down every row, tapping some of them with his sword, nudging others, calling out commands to get up. Some rose immediately, dressed themselves, and jogged out to the training yard. Others were harder to rouse; a few times the lieutenant had to resort to yanking on ears and yelling to make his point clear. These others arose with cranky looks and many yawns, but didn't dare to speak back; Fa'rukha was ready and willing to report insubordination to their fathers or sponsors, if need be. Being mouthy to one's superior was a good way to lose all funding.

By the time Fa'rukha reached the last two rows the remaining Kana had awoken and were already on their way outside. The barracks were empty now, and Fa'rukha stood and stared down at one unmussed bed with a perplexed look on his face.

She'hekha's bed still had not been slept in. He hadn't sneaked in during the night, as tardy Kana sometimes did.

Fa'rukha sighed and went out into the main court, where the Kana were standing at attention. He waved vaguely in their direction, and they raised their swords, pairing off to spar with each other. This was what the lieutenant made them do when he didn't have any other activity prepared.

He walked to the main gate and stared outside, into the street beyond. Civilian Kana came and went, several nodding or saluting him as they passed. Fa'rukha ignored them. There were no soldiers running his way, so they didn't interest him.

He chewed on the inside of his mouth for a while before turning back to watch the others fighting within.

If She'hekha would have bothered to appear more often, he could probably hold his own against any of them, by now. He had seemed dedicated enough, if somewhat distracted most of the time; Fa'rukha didn't doubt his frequent illnesses could keep his mind occupied from combat.

Yet...he had never heard of such constant illness before...and aside from his pale look, and limping, and the shadows beneath his eyes, Fa'rukha would have thought the younger Kana to be quite healthy. The flesh wasn't wasting from his bones, and he didn't show any signs of the horrible illness that sometimes swept through the tribes, killing off any number of otherwise healthy Apsiu. Fa'rukha had dealt with truants before, and She'hekha did not strike him as one. He did arrive on time...when he was feeling well enough.

A phantom illness that comes and goes as it pleases...a hooky-player who seems to be devoted to the art of fighting. What sort of Kana is he? Should I be concerned or should I be annoyed?

Fa'rukha let out a gusty sigh this time. He waited until the midday hour had passed, occasionally advising the others on the proper stances for sparring, before excusing himself from the barracks completely, leaving one of the more experienced sergeants in charge as the rest of the Kana dispersed to find something to eat. He slipped out of the courtyard and into the street, jogging as quickly as he could without drawing too much attention to himself. After a while he had to force himself to slow down to a walk, though his nerves barely allowed it.

He didn't appreciate the thought of facing Lord Hakh'tas, but three days--now edging on four--had been long enough. Something had to be done.

He arrived at the Kana's house and managed to pass the front gate without question; the guard knew him, and let him in immediately. Fa'rukha walked through the main court, fiddling with the pommel of his sword the entire way. He cringed inwardly. Why should facing the Kana make him feel so ill at ease? He had the same feeling he had had whenever he'd had to face his own lieutenant, back in training. Fa'rukha didn't like being made to feel inferior, especially when he held more rank. Hakh'tas was only a lieutenant second class; Fa'rukha was one class above him, and hoped to make elite someday.

In the main hall he was greeted by another guard, who finally asked his business there. Fa'rukha told him the truth, though he sensed the other Kana's nervousness.

"I came to speak with Lord Hakh'tas. It's concerning his son."

"Please wait here a moment, Lord. He's busy but I'll let him know you're here."

Fa'rukha nodded. The guard turned and disappeared. A while passed before the lieutenant started pacing about the room, hands locked behind his back, examining the cheap columns and such that decorated the room. Perhaps Hakh'tas simply couldn't afford to sponsor his son's training anymore? Most Kana of She'hekha's age had already attained the rank of at least sergeant, whereas She'hekha was still nothing more than a private. Perhaps Hakh'tas had merely lost interest in his son's training.

The sound of footfalls alerted him to someone's approach, and he resumed his spot near the center of the room, waiting with feigned patience until the lord of the house appeared, still tying on his kilt as if he had been sleeping late. Fa'rukha crossed an arm to his breast and saluted; he noticed the briefest flicker of displeasure cross Lord Hakh'tas's face, at being saluted such by a superior, but the other Kana returned the gesture.

"Greetings, Lord Fa'rukha," he said in a carefully modulated voice which made Fa'rukha want to wrinkle his muzzle. "I was told you wished to speak with me?"

"Yes, Lord," Fa'rukha replied. "I hope you don't mind my unannounced appearance, but it's an important matter. I had simply wished to ask after Lord She'hekha; I've noticed he hasn't shown at the barracks for the past three days running..."

The look on Hakh'tas's face had grown more and more unpleasant the longer Fa'rukha spoke, but now he gave a too-pleasant smile which made Fa'rukha grate his teeth. "Oh, She'hekha," he said, and waved dismissively. "He's been feeling somewhat ill again; you know how he is. He is not the best suited for hard training..."

"Actually, Lord, he's shown much progress, when he's been able to appear," Fa'rukha couldn't resist saying, taking a small bit of spiteful pleasure in the annoyed look that crossed Hakh'tas's face. "I believe he could even have attained his next rank by now, if he were present more often."

"Yet this illness of his prevents this from happening," Hakh'tas replied coolly.

"And this is why I came to speak with you, Lord. Perhaps if he is feeling so unwell, I might call him a physician--?"

"We have our own in-house physician," Hakh'tas snapped.

"I meant no offense, Lord, but..." Fa'rukha allowed his gaze to travel up and down one of the worn columns before finishing. "Perhaps he could be more properly treated in the hands of a more skilled physician. I know some in good standing who might even call upon the general's physician, if need be..."

"He has been feeling somewhat better this morning," Hakh'tas quickly interrupted, and Fa'rukha fell silent. "In fact I had thoughts of sending him along, but he insisted he did not feel very well...you know how lazy he is...yet if there is time enough left in the training day, I may send him along shortly, if you wish."

"The morning training is passed, yet there is still afternoon training. Still, if he is not feeling himself, I would hate for you to push him, Lord..."

"Nonsense. He will never learn if he is not pushed now and then." The Kana gave another false smile. "Please take no further delay here, Lord, and return to the barracks. I'm certain you must have many important things to do. I'll see to She'hekha and make certain he gets there before the afternoon is through."

"You are certain, Lord?" Fa'rukha asked. "I may stay here and accompany him back, if necessary--"

"No, it is not necessary to trouble yourself so. I have only to drag him out of bed and tell him to get cleaned up; then he will be coming along. I tell you that most of the time he would rather wallow in his own filth than do any decent training. Please be going along, Lord, and he should join you shortly."

"Very well," Fa'rukha gave in. "Tell him he may join us at sparring in the barracks, and that he needs only his sword for now. I have nothing planned aside from this."

"Yes, yes," Hakh'tas said, stepping forward and trying to shoo Fa'rukha forward without being too obvious. Fa'rukha dragged his heels a bit to make himself bothersome, but allowed the other Kana to nudge him toward the entrance. "He'll be there soon. Please return to your duties and I'll go see to him."

"As you wish, Lord. I'll be going now." Fa'rukha finally took a step forward on his own, nearly causing Hakh'tas to lose his balance. He smiled inwardly at the other Kana's stumble and the dark look he got only increased his satisfaction. "It was pleasant to speak with you," he added as he walked away, and one glance back showed the open surprise on Hakh'tas's face before the other lieutenant scowled and turned away, storming off deeper into the house as if Fa'rukha were already long gone. Fa'rukha turned away again and passed the guards on his way out. He returned their salutes but didn't bother to give any farewells. Although he walked briskly now in anticipation of seeing She'hekha return to his training, still something about the entire exchange had left him feeling even more ill at ease.

Drag him out of bed. Lazy. Wallowing in his own filth. Why do I get the feeling these words should apply more to another in this household besides She'hekha.

And why would Lord Hakh'tas be sleeping into the middle of the day, anyway...?


For some reason, his step slowed at the gateway of the house leading out into the street, and he peered back as if expecting to see She'hekha come running, every trace of his constant illness gone. But the courtyard was empty. He realized with mild surprise that he was reluctant to leave without the young Kana in his custody, and this thought made him frown.

Why is this bothering me so much? He's not my pup. Gods, we are almost the same age, even. One would think I'm a worried mother hen!

Still, the ominous feeling refused to budge, though he made himself turn away and head back for the barracks emptyhanded, just the same.

* * * * *


At least Lord Hakh'tas kept his promise. Fa'rukha let out a silent sigh of relief when She'hekha arrived at the barracks an hour later, though Fa'rukha was distressed to see that his illness appeared worse rather than better, as Hakh'tas had claimed. The private limped more than usual, wincing slightly as he did so, almost dragging his feet through the dust as he came; the shadows under his eyes were darker than usual, and every so often he would rub at his braceleted wrists as if the wristbands chafed. When he noticed Fa'rukha's stare he halted and pulled himself upright with a salute. Fa'rukha nodded.

"Welcome, Lord She'hekha. We've missed you here the past few days."

"Apologies, Lord," She'hekha said in a quiet voice. "I've not been feeling well the past week."

"Your father said as much. Are you certain you wish to train today? You do not look very well yet, and we are doing nothing but sparring as it is."

"I would prefer to join in, if it sits well with you, Lord. I have to make up for the past few days."

Fa'rukha nodded again. "Very well. Find someone who has not paired off yet and set in at your own pace."

She'hekha saluted again and limped off among the other Kana. Fa'rukha sighed once more and retreated to sit on a bench in the shade. He hadn't noticed until now how on edge his worries about the young Kana had had him; now that he hadn't any reason to wonder where he was, he felt exhausted from all his thinking. He poured himself a drink of beer from a jar which sat beneath the bench and swallowed it down as he watched the others fight.

I've been neglecting myself the past few days. I shouldn't worry so much for others; it makes me lose my edge. Just look at this, I sit and drink while the others fight! What sort of lieutenant am I? I'll have to turn myself in earlier tonight so I can make up for all the rest I've missed...

CLANG. His ears pricked when he heard the noise, and he lifted his head to watch in puzzlement as a sword slid across the pavement. A Kana youth stood rubbing at the back of his neck with a look of consternation; She'hekha was bent almost double in front of him, hands on his knees and his ribs heaving, his sword lost. The other Kana looked at Fa'rukha as if asking what to do.

Fa'rukha waved at him and he backed away from She'hekha. The lieutenant rose and went to meet him, retrieving his sword as he approached. She'hekha made an effort to stand as Fa'rukha grew closer, but the sweat upon his fur and the sickly look to his face gave Fa'rukha an anxious feeling.

He held out the sword and She'hekha accepted it. "I believe we've sparred enough for today," he called out to the others, who looked confused but didn't argue; the sun had not even begun to set yet, and there were still at least two or three more good training hours left. Still, he doubted they would pass up the opportunity for time off from their training, and they hurriedly began to disperse. "I expect you all awake and here at sunrise! No exceptions--whoever I have to drag out of bed will become better acquainted with MY sword!" He turned to She'hekha, who was only now shakily sheathing his weapon, and lowered his voice.

"Private She'hekha? You are certain you are ready to return to this?"

"It is...only a minor inconvenience, Lord." She'hekha grimaced. "I am only out of shape from being absent so long..."

"Well, you may go and take some sleep now, if you feel it might help. I expect to see you and everyone else at dawn."

"Yes, Lord." She'hekha turned and limped away toward the barracks. Fa'rukha watched him go. Somehow, he knew that if he'd asked the other Kana to stop training for the day on his own, he would never have agreed to it. Calling off training completely had been the only way to assure him some rest. The thought of watching She'hekha go through yet more moves which obviously pained him pained Fa'rukha, as well.

Did I not vow to myself to stop worrying over others? I need to take my own advice and get some rest.

With this thought in mind, albeit tempered by his concern, he picked up the beer jug as he headed for his own quarters. Beer rarely helped solve any problems, but at least it would help him relax a little.

* * * * *


Dawn arrived far too early for the trainees, this Fa'rukha knew. Sometimes he wondered if he hadn't been chosen as barracks lieutenant simply because of his ability to wake himself up early. Despite this habit he had to splash water in his face several times to revive himself, and even then his head felt foggy. He vowed never to drink before going to bed again and pondered giving the other Kana a day off, before discarding the idea and dressing himself, grabbing his sword and striding out into the main barracks.

"Come on! Get up!" he shouted as he walked down the aisles, kicking some cots, flicking the ears of some of the sleeping soldiers. "Didn't I tell you to be up at dawn? Wake up! Lazy! No wonder you are all so clumsy out in the field! Come on now, you wouldn't be so damned tired if you'd use sleep time to SLEEP!" He used the broad side of his sword to smack one private on the behind, sending him yelping to his feet. "Anyone still lying in bed after two minutes will feel a lot more pain than that! Hurry up and meet out in the training yard!"

There were a few obligatory grumbles, but aside from that no other trouble. Fa'rukha slowed his step as the remaining cots emptied before he could reach them, their occupants shooting furtive irritated looks over their shoulders yet missing out on his greetings. Fa'rukha didn't care. He just wished he could sneak off to the physician to take something for his pounding head.

He started to turn back before remembering he hadn't passed She'hekha's bed. How was the private doing today? He glanced over the cots, then noticed that one was still occupied, despite all the commotion he'd made. He frowned when he thought he recognized She'hekha's form. Why wasn't he even awake yet?

He approached the cot with a confused frown. Yes, it was She'hekha. The younger Kana was curled up on his side with his arms clasped around his middle and a pained grimace on his face as if he had frozen like that in sleep. Fa'rukha stopped and stared down at him, mouth twitching, then tugged at the flimsy sheet covering him from the waist down.

"She'hekha? Come on, it's training time. That should be enough rest for..."

His words faded when the sheet pulled away from the cot. Only now did he notice the stain upon it when he felt a wetness against his fingers. He pulled his hand back and saw that his knuckles were smudged red. He stared at the sheet for a moment before looking back down at the cot. His confusion only grew.

What...?

He leaned down to look She'hekha over. The other Kana had worn his light armor to bed, not even bothering to take it off. In restless sleep, however, his girdle had slipped up somewhat, exposing his lower back. Fa'rukha couldn't believe what he was seeing. A variety of lashmarks criss-crossed his back, some shallow, some deep; some appeared to be old wounds, yet those on top were fresh, and bleeding. From the looks of it they had recently been cleaned and attended to, yet the gauze that had been applied to them had fallen off by now, and they were seeping blood again.

Fa'rukha stared at these for a few moments in silence. He lowered the bloodied sheet, then his frown grew deeper when he noticed another bloodstain pooling upon the cot beneath She'hekha. He leaned far over to make out its source and saw that it wasn't from the wounds to his back. The red stained the back of the youth's kilt as well, a dark stain of red coming from beneath his tail, over his leg. Fa'rukha's fingers clutched even more tightly at the soiled sheet.

He heard She'hekha take in a breath, and lifted his head. She'hekha opened his eyes and tilted his head to the side to see Fa'rukha standing over him. Although just awakened he was already panting as if exhausted; seeing the look on Fa'rukha's face, and then the sheet clasped in his hand, he barely managed to look over his shoulder. Fa'rukha stood and watched as he reached to touch his back, drawing his hand forward and looking at the blood on his fingertips. He moved his leg and Fa'rukha saw the flinch which just barely passed across his face when he realized that the lashes to his back weren't the extent of his injuries.

The lieutenant took a step back as She'hekha pushed himself up, slowly and carefully turning to place his feet on the floor. He shook all over as he did so and Fa'rukha hated staring at him, yet couldn't do anything else. She'hekha managed to draw himself into a sitting position, clasping an arm across his abdomen as if it hurt as well and peering up at him. Fa'rukha got the feeling his reaction was being gauged. He felt like saying something, but no words came.

She'hekha spoke instead. "Promise you will not tell anyone."

Fa'rukha's mouth fell open in surprise, and he blinked. He struggled to find his voice and found his fingers clenching the sheet even more tightly.

"If someone has done this to you--"

"Promise you will not tell anyone," She'hekha repeated himself, stressing the words more this time. His own voice was weak, yet somehow decisive. It managed to silence Fa'rukha, who could only stare at him in disbelief. She'hekha held his stare, and they seemed to be at a draw.

"I want you to train me," She'hekha finally said, his voice a little stronger now.

Fa'rukha blinked again, uncertain of what he'd heard. "What?"

"I want you to train me." Fa'rukha stepped back once more when the private grasped hold of the bedpost and used it to push himself to his feet, wincing with pain. Fa'rukha bit the inside of his mouth to see the bloodstain left where he'd been sitting, and hated thinking of just what sort of force had created it. For a moment he thought the younger Kana would topple over, but She'hekha managed to stand upright, albeit with his shoulders and wings slightly slumped and his legs shaking. His breath was shaky as well, but he kept his voice level.

"Private lessons," he said. "After training hours. I want you to teach me how to fight."

Fa'rukha stared at him for a moment before closing his mouth. It twitched and he lowered the sheet.

"So you can reach your next rank?"

"That," She'hekha replied. His own mouth twitched, and Fa'rukha thought he caught the ghost of a wry smile flicker across his face. "And other reasons."

He fell silent, and they stared at each other again. A long while passed in this manner before Fa'rukha's ear flicked and he lifted his head. He started crumpling up the sheet in his hands, rolling it in on itself.

"After hours, then. From dusk until midnight. You'll get a lot less sleep."

"With respect, Lord, I believe I'll actually get more."

The meaning of the comment made Fa'rukha want to grimace, but the look on She'hekha's face told him it was meant as a morbid joke. He treated it accordingly and tucked the sheet under his arm.

"You'll be training a lot harder than the others here. I'm not so forgiving when it's one-on-one."

"I can tolerate this."

"You will also have to bed here." Fa'rukha started to turn away, but glanced back over his shoulder. "Not at your own household, under Lord Hakh'tas's roof. You will sleep on that same little cot every single night."

"I believe it will be more comfortable than how I've previously been sleeping, Lord."

"And you will wake up at the crack of dawn with all the rest of these lazy louts, train all day under the sunlight until you are ready to collapse, eat swill like everyone else, and when the sun has gone down, spar with me until your legs give out and you have to be dragged back to the barracks. You find this thought appealing, Private?"

The wry smile finally made its way to She'hekha's face, dampened only by the shadows under his eyes. "If it teaches me how to fight," he said. "Then yes, I will put up with it."

"I do not teach anyone how to fight," Fa'rukha commented. "I merely hone what they have known all along." He turned away again and started walking toward the barracks entrance. "If you can stand up to me half as well as you have stood up to that other so far, then you will not need to worry about knowing how to fight. I will probably be having to beat you down myself within a few weeks. Go and wash yourself and have the physician tend to that, and then appear out in the yard for training."

He just managed to catch a salute from She'hekha before exiting the barracks. At least the look in the private's eyes was not quite the same as it had been the night before. It had looked almost dead then, but he could tell it had been granted a reprieve.

I hope he came to me soon enough to learn, he worried as he walked. Another night of that, and I do not think all the fighting in the world would have saved him...

Then again, something's kept him alive up to now; that's more than what most others would have accomplished in his situation.
Something in him wishes to survive, at least.

This thought made Fa'rukha pick up his step. He disposed of the bloody sheet in an empty pot, then went to test his sword to make certain it was as sharp as possible. Advanced training would begin today, and it was likely to be rough going. Still, he felt at least one Kana could take it.


END


Please see "The Lieutenant's Tale for She'hekha's side of the story.


Please REVIEW if you rate.
Please DO NOT RATE if you won't review.
Thank you!



This item is NOT looking for literary critique. I already understand spelling/grammar, and any style choices I make are my own. Likewise, I am NOT seeking publication, so suggestions on how to make this publishable are not being sought.

This item IS looking for people who are simply interested in reading, especially in long/multipart stories, and who like to comment frequently. My primary intent is to entertain others, so if you read this and find it entertaining, please let me know so and let me know why.

If in the course of enjoying the story you do find something that you feel could use improvement, feel free to bring it up. Just know that that's not my primary purpose in posting this here.

If you have any questions about the story or anything within it, feel free to ask.

I do hope you enjoy! :)

© Copyright 2003 Tehuti, Lord Of The Eight (tehuti_88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/680636-Savior