*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/697095-Imagination
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Arts · #697095
This is just because I needed to write something. probably some grammatical errors.
The mood, almost like magic, just strikes unbeknownst and unpredictable. You could be listening to a song, lying in bed, in the middle of a crowded party, laughing, speaking to the one you love, crying at a sad movie... then it hits you. Inspiration? Passion? ...Magic? You shooot up, mind alive...thoughts, ideas... buzzing in your head, out of nowhere. Words... you scramble for pen and paper. How to form it into coherant sentences, how to put it to words... before it's too late. Laughter now, tears... a skeletal outline of a mastery of a story, forming in your mind. Taking a bit from this memory and a bit from that and some from places you didn't know existed. The deeper subconcious part of your mind that is only partially revealed to you in dreams and only partialy remembered, as all dreams are. Frustration. Like a pen, the inspiration is running out. You can feel dismay, foretelling your inspiration's end. What? So little? But this is barely a page! Where did the rest go? Was it ever there? Or was it just a mirage, taunting... teasing you with false expectations of the THE story. The perfect one you felt you were destined to write. The one that would bring tears to people's eyes. Will it ever appear? You stare at the scrawled, furious handwriting, defeated.... the magic is gone now. If only... you had written faster? Maybe more words would have been squeezed out of the moment. Why do you write? Why do you feel self-concious about stealing ideas and works from others, blending it into your own unique tapestry? Because my dear, you want it to be your own. Every thread and weave... every single word and connotation. Might as well create your own language while you're at it. You sigh... spent... tossing pen and paper to the side. Not this time... this was just another one of those brief... spurts of imagination. A shy little idea peeking out from the crevices of that place called your imagination. Maybe.. maybe next time it'll stay longer. Maybe next time you'll be able to catch it and put it down into words.
© Copyright 2003 Aveline (aveline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/697095-Imagination