*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/698850-The-Vampire-Story
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #698850
The tale of.....um....a vampire?
THE VAMPIRE STORY



          I stalk through the dark.
          Stalk the man in front of me.
          I want to drink his blood.
          He looks strong so I guess his blood must be strong.
          This would be my first time drinking human blood.
          If you want to know I want to become.......No! No!......I am...a vampire!
          I became a vampire by drinking blood (Animal blood is still blood!) I was a human boy two years ago. I used to read vampire stories. Vampires were my heroes. I had always wanted to be a vampire. My room was filled with vampire stuff. Then I read a book in which a man becomes a vampire by first drinking animal blood, then human blood. I am following his steps. I killed my pet dog first and drank the whole of his blood.(It doesn't matter that I mixed some ketchup in it, does it? I mean the color remains the same.) Then I drank the blood of other animals. Cats, dogs, birds, rodents. It was a great learning stage for me. I learned that insects don't have blood.
          Now, I'm ready for human blood.           The man in front of me is tall and well-built. But he is no match for a vampire. Me. My small size does not matter. After all, I am a vampire.
          He is turning into a dark street. I will catch him there and pince him with my sharp teeth. My teeth had been taking a great time to sharpen(teeth do get sharp when you are turning into a vampire, right?) so I sharpened them with a knife. I follow him into the street and then I run towards him. He suddenly turns. I stop.
          "Behold young man", I say in a deep, loud voice, "You are going to be drained of your blood by me. I am a vampire".
          He looks at me as if I am crazy. I jump at him. He grabs me.
          "Look here, funny guy", he says," I've no time for your stupid pranks."
          He drops me and turns and moves on.
          "How dare you call a vampire 'funny guy'?", I snarl.
          He turns. He comes back to me. Then he picks me up by the throat. I grab the hand holding my throat and try to break it. Nothing happens.
          Huh?
          This is not supposed to happen. I am a vampire. How can this happen?
          He throws me into the nearby bushes and resumes his journey. I get up and run after him.
          "Hey, wait!", I yell after him,"This is not supposed to happen. I have to drink your blood. I am a vampire!"
          He suddenly turns and punches me in the face.
          All turns black.

          I can't believe it happened to me. Happened to a vampire.
          Maybe...maybe...that guy was a vampire too. He must've been a vampire.
          Ah, now this is relieving! He was an older vampire. I am a younger one so he beat me.
          It is early morning and I have to go to sleep. I don't have a coffin so I sleep in a wooden box I made myself. Well, good day!

****************

         It's night again. And I'm fresh. Fresh for another kill.
          But first I gotta get a drink of water. My parents have just left.
          I go to the fridge.
          I drink water.
          I find there some garlic in a shopper. An idea comes to my head.
          I take one garlic, take a big bite and chew it down. Then I wait for the spasm I want to feel that vampires have when they are near garlic. Nothing.
          Huh?
          Something must happen.
          Suddenly I start jumping up and down and screaming my head off as if I'm in great pain. Then I accept the fact that nothing is happening and become quiet.
          Ok. So all of the stuff in those books doesn't have to be true. I am a vampire. Cause I know I am one. I've drunk enough blood. Maybe this was a side effect of all the spices I mixed in the blood before drinking it to make it taste better. Maybe.
          I'm starting to have doubts. Hey, no, I can't have doubts about my being a vampire. I am a vampire. I can prove it.
          A vampires dies completely if a stake is pushed through his heart and his head is cut off. I will die the vampire way and prove my being a vampire. Hah.
          I cut off a big tree branch and make a three feet long stake from it. I find a large axe in the garage. I take the handle of the axe and fix it to a rigid support by a screw so that it can rotate about the screw. I tie the blade with rope and pass it over a higher support such that if I just touch the rope, the axe would suddenly swing down cutting my head off. I also fix the stake with a lot of springs such that as soon as I touch the rope, the stake would shoot off towards my heart just as the axe would fall on my head.
          I feel the need to go to the bathroom. I go. I suddenly hear some one come in through the front door. I hear someone come into my bedroom. As I open the bathroom door, I see my parents in my bedroom. They do not hear me. My father is standing in front of the stake staring at it. My mom is standing under the axe looking at it in terror. Out of curiosity, she touches the rope. There is a sudden snapping noise as the stake breaks free of it's holds and pierces my father's chest. The axe whooshes down chopping of my mother's head.
          At first I stare in sheer horror. Then I look at the blood on the floor. Fresh blood. Fresh human blood. Blood which is still gushing out. Blood for me.
          I fetch some jugs from the kitchen. I collect blood in them. Then I take them back to the kitchen. I mix some salt, sugar, butter, cheese, fruit juice and ice in the blood. The recipe's my own. It makes the blood taste better. I drink the blood. Now I am a full-fledged vampire. I have drunk human blood. Hahaha.
          Then I realize something else.
          "My parents died the vampire way!"
          Which means that I am a born vampire.
          Aw, shucks! I didn't have to kill all those animals and drink their gross blood. I have been a vampire all along. I could have started directly from humans!
          Well, what do you call it? Ignorance, I suppose.

*****************


          I am reading a vampire book when I hear some noises in the hall. I open my bedroom door and look out in the hall. Two burgulars are staring at me. One of them has a gun in his hand.
          "How dare you enter a vampire's house?", I ask them angrily.
          "Whose house?", they ask in chorus.
          "My house. I am a vampire", I reply, still angry.
          They look at me as If I am a mental case, then burst out laughing.
          They.....they...... are laughing at me! At a vampire! I am angry as a bull. I charge at them wanting to break their necks with two fingers but the one with the gun lifts it and fires.
          Bang!
          I feel a searing pain in my neck as I fall to the floor. A puddle of blood forms around me. I twist and turn as the pain in my neck increases.
          "Hey, vamp! Why don't you lick some of your blood before dying?", I hear the one with the gun say.
          "Could you mix some fruit juice in it first?", I ask softly. Too bad they don't do it before I die.

********************
© Copyright 2003 The Soulmaster is Back! (soulmaster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/698850-The-Vampire-Story