*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/704268-On-Reviewing-Anonymously
Rated: E · Editorial · Educational · #704268
My feelings on why Anonymous reviews are bad.
Once again, like the snake in the grass, Anonymous has reared his ugly head. Anonymous is not the most modest person I’ve ever had the misfortune of dealing with, but he certainly is the mouthiest!

I can't understand why someone would take the time and energy to write a review (or a letter) to someone and NOT sign it. If you aren’t proud enough of your words to show your face, why spread them around?

I understand there are some people who don’t want the recipient to feel beholden to them for return reviews, or feel unworthy of so many Gift Points and want to return them. But these special souls are few and far in-between.

Most anonymous reviews are catty, smug, and in general not very helpful to say the least. It is a coward’s way out. It is passive-aggressiveness at its worst. It’s writing nasty things on the bathroom stall.

Your reviews should be truthful and honest, and if you feel they are, you should be proud to sign your name. If they aren’t . . . well, then maybe you should rewrite that review until it is something you WOULD be proud enough of to sign your name to. If all else fails, follow the old adage: “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”

Maybe if all those would-be-anonymous people out there followed some of that simple, time-honored advice then "Anonymous" could be associated with random acts of kindness, instead of random attacks of cowardice.
© Copyright 2003 Valori76 (valori76 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/704268-On-Reviewing-Anonymously