*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/708354-A-Soldiers-Dying-Breath
Rated: E · Poetry · Death · #708354
Soldier dying on the battlefield away from his love. R&R, please.
The cries of the wounded Drift on the wind, And all I can think of is you.
Blood soaks the earth, I lie here on my side, And I hear the rythmic beatings of your heart.
On this desolate and wasted battlefield, I beg to God for life, for continuation in this world, if only to see you one last time.
The dead lie Around me, their eyes glazed and open, and I remember yours, Gray as a stormy sea.
The dying soldiers, their lips cold and dead, while yours, warm and inviting.
My Blood slowly leaves me, trickling from a dozen places in this cold and forgotten shell.
Your hair, glistening and smooth, shiny waves falling down your back, curling on your shoulder, Gliding through the fingers of my hand.
The ears of the dead hear nothing in the still air, Yet I hear your voice, Musical and Soft, whispering on the wind, floating through the night.
The evening grows darker though the sun rides high and my eyes lay open.
While the stench of Death fills my nostrils, Your scent Drifts across my mind, easing my soul in its agony, Bringing peace to this forgotten World.
Two lives lived and as the daylight fades, one I leave behind, while the other welcomes me home.
One Love, one life, and now, while I wait for the second, I return to the first, And my dying breath rattles out your name.
I Love You!!!


**If you enjoyed this poem, then here is a reply written back by my Ex-Fiance. ID #248550 Amelia, called "The Farewell."
© Copyright 2003 Saberfang (saberfang at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/708354-A-Soldiers-Dying-Breath