*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/716440-Destinys-Children
by Dakkan
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #716440
A prophecy unfolds, and forever changes a little girl.
DESTINY'S CHILDREN

A boulder falls from the sky,
Striking the Maelstrom,
Releasing an ancient evil...
In that instant are born
Two twins bound
By the Star of Ashteroth
One must live...one must die
-Else the world will be pitched
Into chaos and fire-

-from the Book of Jerudia (greatest of the Wild Ones Prophets)


Ramón closed the Book of Jerudia. It had been one full year since the great rock had fallen from the void. As of yet, no creature had emerged from the wild energy vortex called the Maelstrom.

Cradling the ancient book in his arms, Ramón took the prized family heirloom across the tiny wooden hut he and his family now inhabited. Few people knew where it was located. It was better that way.

Ramón stopped in front of an antiquated case. Guarding the case was a fearsome stone lion. Whenever anyone approached, the shiny-black, silky-smooth lion bared razor-sharp fangs, warning unwelcome visitors away from the priceless treasure it protected. Blood-red eyes were pinned on Ramón. Calmly, Ramón said revo evom, and the ever-vigilant guardian moved aside.

Rare birds and animals were skillfully carved into the well-preserved cherrywood case, adding to its otherworldly beauty. Some were recognizable, like the majestic eagle, the graceful swan, and the eye-catching white tiger. Others were not.

Ramón paused for a couple of seconds while recalling the correct sequence of animals to gain entry into the antique case. Though he knew it by heart, he made it a habit to do so each and every time. When he had been a little boy, he'd witnessed the stone lion tear an intruder to shreds.

Confidently, Ramón reached out calloused hands and touched the seven special animals in succession. A bright blue light sparked to life in each. Once the seventh animal, the mysterious white tiger, had been touched the case slid smoothly open.

Ramón lovingly placed the book into the case. As he did so, a slight tingle ran over his hard-working hands. It was a fire-retardant spell he had personally added to his ancestor's handiwork as a further measure of protection.

Giggling and bubbly laughter came from an adjacent room, lightening Ramón's spirit. Smiling, he left, and closed the door behind him. The faithful stone guardian reclaimed its place in front of the heirloom. Once again jealously protecting its treasure.

Ramón peeked around the corner, spying on his golden-haired wife tickling his beloved children.

"You might as well come in and join us," said Edith. She never looked up from the small ones.

"How did you know I was there?" asked Ramón.

"You still smell like that wonderful meal you cooked earlier today!" said Edith.

Ramón grabbed a handful of cloth, pressing it to his nose. "You're right! And, it's making me hungry again!" Underscoring his words, Ramón's stomach growled. Light-brown eyes stared into Edith's ocean-blue ones, and they both laughed wildly.

Walking over to his wonderful wife, he gave her a big smooch on the cheek. Edith flashed him a dazzling smile that would melt the polar icecaps. Ramón's heart swelled with love, threatening to burst like over-ripened fruit. It was no wonder he loved her. Edith made him feel wanted and appreciated.

He gazed down at his daughter and son. Magnet-like, his eyes were drawn to their belly buttons, and the seven pronged star that encircled them. The Star of Ashteroth.

The words of Jerudia's prophecy popped into his mind, as bright and clear as day:

In that instant are born
Two twins bound
By the Star of Ashteroth
One must live...one must die


A stricken look came over Ramón's face, and the happiness was leached from his heart. His joy was replaced by an old, familiar feeling. Protectiveness. Like that a mother bear has for its cubs.

Edith noticed the sudden change in her husband.

"We have done what we can to protect them Ramón." She paused to make sure she had his ear. "It has been over a year now, and nothing has happened." Ramón gazed into Edith's ocean-blue eyes. "You've built us a nice hut, and protected it with powerful charms." Edith placed her hands in Ramón's. "And if worse comes to worse, none among the Wild Ones adepts can match our control of the gaiaen."

Ramón sighed. Perhaps I am worrying too much, he thought.

"I'm getting hungry again too," said Edith. It was a poorly concealed attempt at changing the subject. Her heart was just as troubled as Ramón's. "I'll go get something for all of us to eat. You keep Adrian and Adriana company."

Edith left the room. Briefly, she paused outside the door, and was comforted when she heard the sound of Ramón playing with the twins. Outside, it was getting dark. After they ate, it would be time for bed.

**********

Ramón awoke with a start. Trying to sit up, he found he was pinned to the bed by a four-armed daemon from the void. Two of the arms held down Ramón's hands, and one covered his mouth. In the daemon's fourth hand was soren, a spirit blade. Attempting to break free, Ramón squirmed underneath the loathsome, reptilian-like daemon. He could not utter a spell, or weave one with his hands. He glanced at Edith. A widening red stain was spreading underneath her. Edith did not move. Ramón's heart broke.

He glanced at the twin's crib where they still slept peacefully. Tears of anguish and frustration flowed down his face. As he looked at them, the soren slammed between Ramón's ribcage, piercing his heart. He shuddered three times, then lay still. I failed, thought Ramón. Then there was nothing. Sweet oblivion.

The Daemon Lord Mahktor walked over to the twin's crib. Innocent of their surroundings, they slept peacefully. Mahktor intended to slay one of them, then use the other in his quest for world domination.

Mahktor raised soren high above his head, and forced it downward with all his might at Adriana. Soren hit an invisible shield, shattering into a thousand pieces.

"Impossible!" he roared.

Startled, the twins woke up. Seeing Mahktor, they began to yell and scream. Angrily, the Daemon Lord swung at the girl child, trying to crush her with his bare hands.

And again, an invisible shield stopped the blow! Mahktor's hand burned, and began to melt. When he pulled it back, it was a useless nub!

Snarling and in pain, Mahktor left the small hut. Outside was Maria, once a close friend of Ramón and Edith.

"Go and kill the girl child. Bring the boy to me."

"But the charms..." began Maria.

Mahktor raised his three good hands, and a yellowish-red flame shot forth. The protective charms melted away.

Awed by Mahktor's power, Maria rushed into the hut. She knew exactly where to go.

In the bedroom, she saw Ramón and Edith's lifeless bodies. Guilt shot through her heart.

What have I done, she thought. Ramón and Edith treated me like their own daughter.

Maria turned away from the pitiful scene before her. Mahktor had taken away the pain of the bone cancer she had. And even though she was healed, he had the power to give it back.

Maria walked over to the crib. Cherubim-like faces looked up at her. Her resolve failed. Suddenly, she had a moment of inspiration. It was risky, but it might work.

Maria picked up Adrian. She walked over to Ramón's body, and smeared his blood over herself and the baby. She almost forgot her knife, but made sure plenty was smeared on it also. Ramón's accusing eyes stared at her, but Maria averted her attention as she carried out her gruesome task.

She closed the door behind her when she left. Lest the daemon discover her deception and punish her.

Walking out of the house, she presented Adrian to Mahktor.

Shrinking back, Mahktor said, "You carry him. He is now your responsibility."

Mahktor raised his three good hands, and balls of flame shot forth, exploding into the hut. Seconds later, it was engulfed in flames. Maria noticed the daemon's badly mangled hand, but said nothing.

"Follow me," said Mahktor.

Maria did as the daemon bid. In her arms was Adrian.

**********

Within the flaming inferno, the black stone lion did something it never had before. It left its post.

Running into the bedroom, the faithful guardian picked up Adriana by her cloth diaper, and quickly carried her back to the room in which the family heirloom stood.

The lion dropped the screaming child onto the ground, and activated the antique case. The case slid easily open, and the lion softly deposited the child inside. As soon as he did so, the case closed up.

The black, stone beast was about to return to its place when a snapping noise caught its attention. Looking up, the lion watched helplessly as a section of wall fell on it. The faithful guardian shattered into a million pieces.

**********

15 years later...

"Mother! Come quick!" said Adriana.

Beth rushed to the child's side. Her face radiated concern. "What is it?"

"Look!" said Adriana.

Adriana opened her tiny, desert-tanned hands.

"Oh!" gasped Beth.

A small, vermilion rose of exquisite beauty sat nestled within her upturned palms. It was thornless, and the stem was an intertwining mix of red and yellow.

"Watch this!" said Adriana.

She squatted down with the vermilion rose cupped between her palms. Springing up, she tossed it as high as she could.

Beth stared in awe as the rose began to shift. The stem became tail-feathers, and the petals became the body of a great blue, red, and yellow phoenix. The mythical bird flew off, leaving a trail of sparkles falling from it flaming tail.

Her control of the gaiaen exceeds my own, thought Beth.

"Where did you learn how to do that?"

Adriana shrugged her shoulders. "I just knew."

"Come child. It's time we got back to the village."

"Yes, Mother." Adriana took Beth's hand, and they walked back to the village in the waning sunlight hours.

**********

Beth and Adriana sat before a crackling fireplace. Occasional sparks shot outward, then quickly winked out. On Beth's lap was a very old book.

Beth looked into Adriana's eyes.

"Do you know what this is?"

Adriana shook her head. Yet even though she didn't know what the book was, a growing feeling of dread settled into the pit of her stomach.

Beth crossed her legs, and sat back in her chair. Immediately, Adriana knew Beth was about to say something very important. She had never seen her mother so serious before.

For a few moments, Beth said nothing. Just gathered her thoughts. Adriana, afraid that she might miss something, anxiously held her breath, and locked her eyes onto her mother. Beth sighed.

Slowly, almost laboriously, Beth placed the worn, ancient book in Adriana's hands.

Adriana moved her hand over the aged, brown leather cover. Centuries of use had smoothed out groves that had once existed.

"The book that you hold is very important. It is a book of prophecy written by the greatest Wild Ones seer of all time. His name was Jerudia."

"I have heard that name before," said Adriana. "The Elders tell many stories about him."

"I assure you child, there's much more to the stories than you will ever know."

Adriana looked disbelievingly at Beth. Many wondrous things had been attributed to Jerudia. Things that didn't seem humanly possible.

"Open the book, and read the first nine lines."

Curiosity overwhelmed the skeptic within her. Yet the dread wouldn't go away. In fact, it was growing.

With a reverence of child-like wonder at the unknown, Adriana carefully opened the antiquated book. Much like her father had fifteen years earlier. The print was tiny and faded, but Adriana read it easily:

A boulder falls from the sky,
Striking the Maelstrom,
Releasing an ancient evil...
In that instant are born
Two twins bound
By the Star of Ashteroth
One must live...one must die
-Else the world will be pitched
Into chaos and fire-


Immediately, Adriana's eyes were drawn magnet-like to the seven-pronged star that surrounded her belly button. Can it be? She looked at Beth.

"Where did you get this?" said Adriana in a trembling voice.

"It was found along with you the day after a fire destroyed your hut."

Adriana looked stricken. "Are you trying to say that you are not really my mother?"

Beth gazed into Adriana's eyes, and saw the hurt and confusion lurking within their depths.

"I have raised you for fifteen years, but I did not birth you into this world."

Adriana slumped in her seat. "Why have you not told me this before?" Anger crept into her voice.

"It was to protect you," said Beth.

"From what?"

"From the thing that killed your parents...the thing that came out of the Maelstrom...the daemon lord Mahktor."

Adriana shook her head as a little river of tears began to run from her eyes in remembrance of a family she had never known... Of a life she had been denied.

Though tears stained her own face, Beth plowed on. Adriana deserved to know.

"Your mother and father's bodies were found and buried on the outskirts of the village."

"How could you have known this, and not have told me?"

"The Elders and I did this to protect you. Mahktor wanted you to die. That's why he burned your hut down. And since none of us have the power to stand up to him, we had to keep this secret."

Adriana's forehead wrinkled up. "You said he burned down my hut. How did I survive?"

"We found you in a fire-proof case along with the book you now hold. However, the case no longer exists. It had to be destroyed in order to get you out."

A fleeting thought shot through her mind, and Adriana nearly missed it.

"The book speaks of twins..." said Adriana. She struggled to control her emotions. "Was my twin killed?"

"No, he was not."

Adriana sighed in relief. "Well, where is he?"

"Adrian serves Mahktor."

Adriana's blood ran cold.

"How do you know my brother's name is Adrian? And why would he serve the murderer of our parents?"

"Your brother doesn't know that Mahktor killed your parents. And as far as the name...I," Beth coughed softly, "I helped name you."

"You!" said Adriana.

"Yes, me," responded Beth. "I knew your parents well. We were very good friends." Beth coughed again.

Adriana looked intensely at Beth. "Why?" she said between sobs, "Why?"

Beth didn't answer. She just got up from her chair, and placed her arms around Adriana.

The scent of roses came from Beth's wool shirt. She pulled Adriana's head closer to her bosom. At first, Adriana resisted. But it didn't last for long.

For hours, Adriana sobbed softly. However, as she breathed in the scent of roses, and was warmed by the heat of Beth's embrace, the sobs came less often.

Her eyes were getting heavy, but before she drifted off to sleep, Adriana said, "Take me to their graves tomorrow."

"I will," promised Beth.

Adriana nodded off. Her dreams were of a great black, silky-smooth lion with blood-red eyes. Yet she wasn't frightened by it, because it turned from side-to-side as if protecting her from an unseen evil.

**********

Only two twigs shaped like crosses marked the graves.

"How do you know they are buried here?"

"I buried them," said Beth.

"Why aren't their names written anywhere?"

"Because your parents were more powerful than most Wild Ones. Their command of gaiaen was unrivaled." Beth paused to take a breath. "Much like your own, child."

Adriana took the white roses she had gathered and placed them on the graves.

"Some among our people, if they knew who was buried here, would raid the graves to use their remains in spells. It is a true testament to the power they commanded."

"No one will ever find this place again." Adriana raised her hands, palms outward, towards her mother and father's resting place.

Beth's eyes turned jet-black, just like Adriana's, as she watched her manipulate the gaiaen. Anytime an adept used the gaiaen, the same thing happened. This ability allowed them to see and work with the Earth's energy. And only the best had the control that Beth and Adriana exhibited.

A fine, white mist arose from the ground. Beth watched as Adriana deftly molded the gaiaen into a shielding spell. Before their eyes, the graves vanished. No one would ever disturb her parent's remains.

"Let's go," said Adriana.

Silently, they left.

**********

Merrill met them in the forest outside of Mahktor's palace. He was covered from head to foot in a long, black robe.

"Well met, dear Beth!"

"Well met, Merrill!" she replied. "It has been a long time."

"Yes, it has," said Merrill. He removed the hood from his head, and silvery-black hair cascaded out. "Time has been kind to you Beth."

Beth looked at Merrill's wizened skin. It was wrinkled and tanned from years of exposure to the elements. "And time has been kind to you also." She gazed into Merrill's eyes.

"You needn't lie to me." Merrill held his hands up in front of his face, and slowly turned them over. "It is easy to see that I have not aged as gracefully as you."

Adriana locked gazes with Merrill. "Can you get us inside Mahktor's palace?"

Softly chuckling, Merrill said, "I can do that and much more young one."

"Merrill has worked in the palace all of his life, Adriana," said Beth. "He knows its every nook and cranny."

"Then let's go."

"Patience little one. We have to wait until the guard changes."

"So what do we do in the meantime?"

"I suggest you get something to eat, then lay down and rest. The guard doesn't change until sunset," said Merrill.

Taking his advice, Adriana went to eat.

"She sure is anxious about getting in," said Merrill.

"She is one of the twins spoken of in Jerudia's prophecy."

"So she seeks to reunite with her brother?"

"Not only that," Beth paused, "she seeks revenge."

"Why?"

"Mahktor killed her parents."

"I see."

Merrill glanced at Adriana. "She has a lot of anger."

"Yes, she does."

"Well," said Merrill, "it won't be long until sunset. "I think we both need rest."

"That would be wise, Merrill," said Beth. She looked in Adriana's direction. Adriana was pacing back and forth, like a caged tiger. "Perhaps we should rest in shifts, so that we can make sure she doesn't do anything rash."

Merrill glanced at the pacing girl. "I agree."

"You rest first."

**********

The catacombs were dark and dank. The trio walked single file down the cramped corridors. Torchlight lit the way. Magic could have brightened the tight quarters better, but it would also have alerted Mahktor's mages to their presence.

"It's not far now," said Merrill. "I can't take you any farther."

Beth looked at Merrill, but didn't say a word. She knew about the hefty bounty that had been placed on the old man's head. And I mean head literally.

Merrill had angered Mahktor many years ago because he hadn't brought the daemon lord a sacrifice for one of his unholy rituals. That day, Merrill had barely managed to escape the palace. He had been on the run ever since.

"Thank you for your help, Merrill," said Adriana.

Merrill bowed slightly. "A second exit is a little farther up. The passage will curve to the right, and then split. Take the left fork. At the end you will see a stone statue. Above the statue is a small peephole. Look through it before you enter the throne room. Once you move the statue, a hole big enough for both of you to crawl through will be revealed. " Merrill paused. "It's a wonder they haven't found that secret entrance yet. All it would take is a drapery change." And the drapes hadn't been changed since the daemon lord took over the palace.

Lighting a second torch, Merrill cautiously handed it to Beth. For the millionth time he wondered why he was assisting in this suicide quest. He knew about Jerudia's prophecy. And he had seen for himself the Star around Adrian's belly button. Yet Merrill didn't see how this little snippet of a girl could stand up to the powers of the daemon-lord.

Bowing, Merrill said, "May the spirits guide your way."

"And yours too, old friend," said Beth.

Merrill turned and began to shuffle back up the passageway. Beth and Adriana watched until they could no longer see him.

Taking the lead, Beth carefully moved through the cavernous maze. They were close to the throne room. And now was not the time for mistakes.

Shortly thereafter, they stood before the statue. Beth peeked through the peephole, and inhaled sharply. On the far side of the throne room was a male replica of Adriana. But that is not what had caused her reaction.

Mahktor stood beside Adrian. The daemon-lord had four arms, reptilian like skin, and three horns sat atop its black, scaly head. Its body was thickly muscled. Mahktor rested a damaged, melted hand on the back of the throne.

Beth caught movement out of the corner of her eye. Straining to see, she noticed a lady was also in the room. The lady turned, and Beth's knees quaked. I've seen her before, she thought. Yes! That's Maria. But why hasn't she aged?

"What did you see?" said Adriana.

"The throne room is empty save for Mahktor, Adrian, and a woman I knew a long time ago."

"Then let's go!" said Adriana impatiently.

"Wait child," said Beth. "I have to do something first."

Beth took a small knife from its sheath on her waist. Adriana's eyes
widened.

"What are you going to do with that?"

"Blood magic," said Beth. "It will strengthen the shielding spell I am about to cast over the throne room."

"But won't that weaken you?"

"A small sacrifice child," said Beth.

She knew it was necessary. No one needed to enter or hear what was going on while they were in there.

Beth's eyes turned jet-black. She began to mumble words under her breath. Words that Adriana couldn't understand. She drew the knife across her palm, balled her hand up in a fist, and squeezed. Bright-red blood droplet's splattered on the catacomb floor.

Beth inhaled sharply. "Spirits hear my plea. Accept this sacrifice."

Adriana's eyes turned dark. She wished to see how the magic would respond to a blood sacrifice.

The gaiaen did not rise like a fine mist like it usually did. It rose instead as a deep impenetrable fog.

Without hesitating, Beth stuck her hands deep within the blood-conjured magic. Instantly, the dull gray cloud turned jet-black. Beth whimpered so softly that Adriana nearly missed it. The color was leached from her skin all the way up to her elbows.

Pulsing, it seemed as if the cloud beat with an inner life of its own. Adriana could sense the extreme danger emanating from the magic.

This new manifestation of the gaiaen did far more than just drain one's energy. It fed on a person's spiritual essence, robbing them of their life force. Any time that blood magic was used, the entity that tapped into this powerful force aged considerably. Adriana watched in horror as Beth's hair became solid white.

Beth jerked her hands from within the dark mist. Unable to look away, Adriana gazed at the unnaturally pale flesh. Beth made a shooing motion with her hands, and the blood conjured magic went forth in a thin, solid sheet. In a matter of moments, the throne room was completely sealed off. Whatever happened from this point on would only concern themselves and the daemon lord. Her strength exhausted, Beth fell forward. But before she hit the ground, the strong, wiry arms of Merrill were around her, providing much needed support. Beth looked at him with gratitude in her eyes. He had decided to stay after all.

Adriana's eyes burned with a barely contained fury. Too much had happened too quickly. Her destiny awaited her.

Completely forgetting about the statue, Adriana stretched forth her hands. The aged, pockmarked stones began to melt, as if someone had poured a strong acid on them.

Mahktor felt the stirrings of extremely powerful magic. Glancing to his right, he saw the wall melt away. A young girl stepped through, followed by an old man and woman. But it was the girl who held Mahktor's attention. She was supposed to be dead!

Hatefully, Mahktor looked at Maria. She slowly backed away.

"You treacherous wench!" screamed Mahktor.

"But..but..."

Mahktor raised his hands, and red flame shot up and down Maria's body, consuming her. In seconds, all that remained was a pile of black ashes.

"What is the meaning of this!" yelled Adrian.

Mahktor looked at the young ruler with disdain. "You've always been an idiot."

Adrian looked closely at the young lady. His breathing stopped.

"But how?" said Adrian as he got off the throne and walked towards Adriana. "Who are you?" he demanded.

Adriana's eyes locked with Adrian's. He looks exactly like me, she thought. She was so focused on Adrian that she didn't notice that Mahktor had raised his hands again.

"She is your sister fool!" said Mahktor. "Now say goodbye!" The daemon lord shot a huge, red arrow into the young king's back. Adrian crumpled into a heap a few feet away from his sister.

"No!" yelled Beth and Adriana in unison.

The sound of Adrian's body hitting the floor echoed throughout the entire chamber. Adriana rushed to his side.

She cradled her brother's head in her arms. She could feel his life slipping away.

"I am sorry sis," said Adrian. A steady trickle of blood flowed from the corner of his mouth. "I...did...not know." He coughed up more blood.

"No!" said Adriana. "Don't leave me!"

Adrian smiled weakly. Squeezing Adriana's hand tightly, he coughed up more blood. "I...am..." cough, "glad..." cough, "that...I," cough, "saw...you." Adrian's grip relaxed completely. He was gone.

Adriana cried over Adrian's body. This is too much, she thought. I have lost too much.

Rage flared within her, and Adriana's eyes went jet-black.

Mahktor sensed the child gathering the gaiaen about her. Yet this didn't frighten the daemon in the least.

Adriana fashioned fireballs and arrows out of the gaiaen, and flung them in succession at Mahktor. The daemon raised his hands, and a glowing yellow shield instantly surrounded him. As Adriana's magic hit the barrier, it vanished.

The daemon lord laughed. "Why do you waste your strength so child?" He paused. "You can take your brother's place, and together we will rule the world!"

"I'll kill you!" screamed Adriana.

She could not believe that this foolish daemon wanted her to serve him. After all the pain and suffering he had caused. Flames shot forth from her fingertips, and the daemon's safe haven began to dissolve.

"Merrill," said Beth, "let me go." Merrill released her. "There is one more thing I must do."

The prophecy swam in Beth's mind as she prepared herself one last time.

Two twins bound
By the Star of Ashteroth
One must live...one must die
-Else the world will be pitched
Into chaos and fire-


Beth pulled the knife across her palm one last time. Instantly, the gaiaen responded to her sacrifice, and greedily lapped up the rest of her life force. Beth collapsed in a heap.

"What?" said Mahktor. He had been so focused on Adriana that he had missed Beth's last brave act.

A glow surrounded Adrian's body. The Star of Ashteroth pulsed rhythmically on his stomach.

Adriana felt a change in her. Looking down, she noticed that her Star pulsed also.

Suddenly, there was a brief flash of light. When it died away, the shade of Adrian stood before her.

"But how?"

"A life for a few brief moments in your world...Beth's gift to me," said Adrian.

"We have to stop Mahktor."

"How?"

"Face me fully."

A light shot forth from the twin's Stars, and merged.

"No!" screamed Mahktor. He shot a red arrow at Adriana, but it bounced harmlessly away. Adriana was protected by blood magic.

Between them, the seven-pronged Star merged and grew into a fifth dimensional figure. It was so brilliant that neither twin could look at it. The Star moved towards the daemon lord.

"No!" screamed Mahktor. He tried to run, but it was too late! The Star of Ashteroth settled over him, and the daemon lord vanished.

"Where did he go?" asked Adriana.

"He is forever imprisoned in the Star of Ashteroth. He will never be able to harm another soul," said Adrian. His shade began to grow fainter.

"What's happening to you?" said an alarmed Adriana.

"I am being called back," he said. "But do not fear, for death is not the end. We will see each other again." Adrian's shade winked out of existence.

Adriana fell to her knees and cried. Merrill moved to her side, and pulled her close.

© Copyright 2003 Dakkan (dakkan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/716440-Destinys-Children