*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/721617-Refuge-of-Victory
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Drama · #721617
Mortal, physical, spiritual, weakness made strong by Religious convictions and beliefs.
Refuge of Victory



Darkness- formed of hopeless thought, and void of love, Lay not your cold and lifeless hand against my soul.
Nay, breathe not onto that which God has given life;
Draw not your razor-honed edge against the flesh of my faith,
Nor cast shadow to the light of my hope, which has kept me stay.
Son of darkness, I cannot find strength to uncloak your robe of terror- nor release my heart from uncertainty and fear,
No, not I. For I am but flesh and bone, dust formed by spoken word,
I am weak in spirit, poor of mind, absent of courage.
The throat of my soul is laid bare to your sharpened claws of rage,
I alone cannot prevail against your power-nor do I dare to gather hope; Yet all hope has not betrayed me.
Lay ear to my voice oh fallen angel of Heaven, and fear the prayers from my heart unto my God, you shall not be victorious!
For I called upon my God, and He has heard my cry.
Crimson flow has purged me from my sin and given life; shattered are your chains of death.
The son of God has broken your lifeless shadows, as dawn lays waste to night.
Hear me now son of darkeness;
As I walk this transient path of mortality, I shall focus the eyes of my heart upon Jehova's statutes.
I shall worship the
God of creation- I shall listen to the voice of hope-no longer betrayed by your lies of doom; I shall sing of His Glory, and give all my strength to His purpose.
He is my God and my savior;
In Him I seek shelter, and in Him I shall gather my strength.
Your darkness cannot prevail against Him nor can your hand of death touch those to Him belong.
With the radiance of His Glory He shall lend light unto my path; At His feet I shall gather my armor to fight against you.
In the arms of the one and only God I shall seek refuge and find victory.
Skyshadow99



© Copyright 2003 skyshadow (skywayman442 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/721617-Refuge-of-Victory