*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/731456-Words-of-Understanding
by Sonja
Rated: ASR · Prose · Writing · #731456
A piece of writing to someone I know, about why I write...
I wish at times that people would stop telling me how I should be feeling. It bothers me how people who read my writing, pity me, thinking I need their help, their guidance and their wisdom. I know the reason for my feelings, I am not blinded completely, and the only reason I show my writing to the world is because at times they are intense, and hopefully there are people out there that can relate, that is why I write. I do not write for people to tell me to think this way or that way. I do not write for people to look at me with sadness in their eyes as they try to teach me of the world that they can barely understand themselves. Please don’t try to understand my mind, for the true reason of my writing is for me to begin to understand myself. I wish for you to share your insights, and tell me that you have also been through the same things, but please do not lecture me as if I am less than an equal to you. Please, I beg of you not to treat me as if you know the shadows of my mind because only I can really understand, and even that is an obstacle in itself, that is why I write, to search within myself.
© Copyright 2003 Sonja (nightaway at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/731456-Words-of-Understanding