*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/734800-Unbelievable
by Chloe
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #734800
I couldn't believe it, I never thought this would happen, but it did......
I couldn't believe it. I never thought that this would happen but it did, my bestfriend Rachael was lying next to me, dead......

I looked around frantically for someone, my heart was racing. All I could see was the misty atmosphere of the dark forest. I shined my flashlight on Racheals bloody face, scratches
stretching across it. I then screamed, screamed with all the air left in my lungs. Next thing I knew I saw flashes of light and Rachael was taken away, and I was left alone being charged with murder of my bestfriend.


I would never forget that night, it is all clear to me. The night Rachael died, was the night all hearts were broken. I told my story a thousand times, but why take a "criminal's" story. No one believes that I didn't kill her, I saw her die, it was the worst experience of my life...


6:30am
School, who needs it, I personally think that the whole reason they have school is to get rid of the kids during the day so the parents won't have to worry about them.

Highschool is the worst, especially for me, Mila Fink. Why Fink, I mean it was my stepdad's name, but he moved out. My mother caught him in bed with another woman, but the worst part is they were doing it in my mother's bed. That's just gross. My other name was Sander, a hell of a lot better than Fink. But that isn't the point, I was just telling you about school.

I have to wake up at 6:30 every morning to learn stuff I basically will never use in my life. I get
up every morning and get ready for another day that I will regret. The only person I talk to really
is my bestfriend Rachael, we met when we were in Kindergarten and haven't separated since. Rachael is outgoing, nice, athletic, smart, and beautiful. I, on the other hand, am quiet, short, not that good looking and I don't do well in school or sports. How we became friends, I don't know. I got up from my bed, and took a quick shower, then taking my time I got dressed and met my
mom in the dining room.

She greeted me with a grunt, her and I were never that close. My dad, was different though, we would go to carnivals, parades, father and daughter dinners, but that was then, this is now. My father died of cancer about two years ago. My mother hasn't really gotten over it yet, and well I haven't either. I loved my father, but his life got taken away.
I grabbed an apple out of the fruit bowl, then crunching into it I sat at the table across my mother, picking up the comics. She got up suddenly, "Mila, I am leaving for work and I won't be back
until late, a couple of us are going out to dinner tonight, there is stuff in the fridge for you to eat." I nodded and was about to give her a comment, but she had already slammed the door. I read the rest of the comics and then went into my room to get my school stuff.

I had to ride the bus everyday, and I always sat in the front because I get car sick easily. My bus
driver always blasted this smooth jazz crap. But she was nice and well I didn't complain....that
much.

When I arrived at school Rachael was already at our favorite spot reading. I can't read as fast as her, but I do like to read.

I got off the bus and headed toward her, weaving my way in between the students to busy to realize where they were going. I walked up to Rachael and she looked up from what she was reading. "Hey," she said looking back at her book.
"Hey," I said taking a seat next to her.
I pulled out last night's homework and began finishing two more problems of my algebra homework. But half way through the second problem, the bell rang, "Shit!" I muttered under my breath, trying to make sure Rachael didn't hear. But she did, I was screwed, "Ahem Mila, what did you say." she said putting her book in her bag.
"Nothing." I said, annoyed.
"I thought so."
We both grabbed our bags and headed in different directions, waving goodbye. We have been in the same classes up until this year, which was a record breaker.

I made my way to my first class, trying to count the minutes until lunch.

The first part of the day was long and boring, at lunch Rachael and I grabbed a seat by the window, "Hey Mila, do you want to go to a party tonight?"

I took a big bite of my balogny and cheese sandwich, then after swallowing I replied, "Sure, where is it?"
"It is in the woods by the creek."
I nodded that is where most of the highschool parties take place. "Sure I'll go." She nodded and
then went back to eating, we barely ever talked during lunch.

After lunch the day went by slow but I got through it. I went over to Rachel's house after,
school , normally we switched houses every other day.

While walking we saw her crush walking with his bestfriend in front of us, I knew that he liked her too, but never mentioned it, he told me earlier this year, I didn't tell Rachael because well, once you tell someone that you like him, and he tells you that he likes you, then well it ruins all the fun out of it .

We walked behind him close enough for him to notice us, he and his friend turned around and smiled at us. "Hey," Rachael said so very shy, suddenly finding her feet interesting.
"Hey," Tobias, usually called Toby, said.

I had a crush on his bestfriend Mark. But no one knew, not even Rachael. Pretty ironic how this happens, two bestfriends have crushes on two other bestfriends. I personally think that is the funniest thing. But anyways, so we all exchanged hi's and well then we all stood there awkwardly.Then Mark finally broke the silence, "Well I guess we will see you guys later."
"Yeah," I said, "see you later."

Then with that Mark and Toby left us, and Rachael and I stared unblinkingly at them. Not saying a word to each other, then started walking, quietly down the long sidewalk to our houses.


5:30pm

Rachael and I were sitting on my bed going through my clothes, deciding what to wear to the party, when my mom knocked on the door. "Where are you girls going tonight?" she asked innocently, already knowing the answer.
"To her house." I said, not wanting her to know that we were going to a party.
She looked at me, and smiled, then she looked at Rachael, "Well you girls have fun, you hear?" she said. Rachael and I exchanged annoying glances then went back to picking out an outfit.


6:00 pm

Rachael and I were on our way to the party, when two guys pulled up in a pick-up truck next to us. "Well, well, if it isn't the girl from my algebra class." Unfortunately he was talking to me. "You guys look like you are bored, you want to go to a party?"
Rachael and I exchanged glances and realized that they were going to the same party as us. So we decided to get a free ride out of it. And into the truck we went.


© Copyright 2003 Chloe (flyingmonk7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/734800-Unbelievable