*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/741646-The-Birthday-Present
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #741646
Short story about a special birthday present.

My name is Eros. I'm turning twenty in the fall.
That's me in the black leather jacket.
Yeah, the one with the cigarette in his mouth.
Handsome? Damn straight. Don't lie, you know you want me. They all do. Both women and men. I've had my share of same sex relationships, but nothing beats a good pair of tits.
The bigger the better, that's my motto.
What was I getting at?
Yes, right, I remember. I have a date. And it's not with your typical girl.
I love watching her walk. Cupid never wears a bra. It isn't very hard to imagine a D cup with no bra. What a sight, watching her walk. Her long brown hair dancing in the wind. Her tight levi's clinging to her shapely legs.
And always my breathing stops, when I see her Delicate feet held captive by tall spikey stilettos.
"Have you been waiting long?" She asks while putting her arms round my neck.
"No, just a few minutes."
I hate it when she looks at me with that face. A face that never breaks a plate. Her eyes grow wide and the smile. The smile that can make everything right. She does this on purpose. Throws her arms about me and smiles.
I could forgive her anything. I could catch her fucking my mother and I would think nothing less of her. I laugh, muss up her hair, and kiss her.
"C'mon, I have something to show you."
"What? Tell me. Tell me. I hate surprises."
I love making her beg.
"No, it's a secret."
She pretends to sulk. And I just walk on without her. But her sulking fails. I look back and she's smiling and running to catch up to me.
"Wait."
I pretend I don't hear her. She catches up and grabs a hold of my hand. This is the first time I've ever held her hand. It's small and warm. The thought of her biting her nails makes me smile.
We stop at a red light.
"You're different today," she says while observing my fingers intently.
"How?" I'm curious.
Cupid lets out a deep breath and answers,"I don't know. I'll tell you later."
The light turns green and we start walking.
We're a striking couple, right?
The tall dark haired pale boy paired up with the small rosy cheeked girl.
Did you know Cupid is really older than me?
Yes, hard to believe, but true. Today is her birthday. She's turning twenty-five.
That's where I'm taking her. To her birthday present.
"Stop, wait here."
Cupid waits for me in front of an abandoned house. I check to see if everything seems right, and call out to her.
"Shhhhh," I signal by putting my finger to my mouth, "Don't make a sound."
I lead her through the darkened house. Light filters through dusty windows. We reach the back room.
"Close your eyes."
To make sure she isn't looking, I cover her eyes with my hands and slowly lead her into the room.
We stop.
"Open your eyes."
I can't see her reaction but by the tears on my hands I can take a guess.
Cupid carefully makes her way to the shivering man in the corner.
"Cupid..."
"Where did you find him, Eros?"
Her voice was thick. She kept a steady gaze on the man.
"Just lucky."
In the fading light I can see her turn in my direction. She comes to me and wraps her arms around my waist. She stands directly in front of me and still I can see over her head.
Cupid whispers,"Kill him."
I take out my gun from the waist of my pants. Point. Fire. Three times in the face and once in the heart.
Cupid is buried within my jacket.
"Is my father dead?" The small voice comes from beneath me.
"Yes."
I catch Cupid before she falls on her knees.
"He won't hurt me again, will he?" She asks in between sobs.
"No."
I can feel her breathing regulate and decide it's time to go home.
As we walk back to the street she stops me.
"I know what it is now."
"What do you mean?"
"The difference in you. You love me."
I laugh. I can never hide anything from her.

© Copyright 2003 NiceDream (eresmicielo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/741646-The-Birthday-Present