*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/742440-In-Your-Dreams
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #742440
Entry for MARCI'S MONTHLY MAYHEM MADNESS
In Your Dreams

I awake in a king sized, four poster bed, luxuriating in the feel of satin sheets and a down comforter. The bedroom is huge. The scent of hundreds of roses drifts on the breeze as it gently moves the crisp white lace draping the wall of French doors leading out to the patio and overlooking the formal gardens beyond.

The contrast with my former life in the third floor walk up, with it's Murphy bed in the living room, is so sharp I marvel at the way my life has been transformed since the day I won the lottery.

Pulled from my memories by a light tapping at the door, a maid enters with my breakfast tray. Scones, homemade strawberry preserves, and coffee are the perfect beginning to another perfect day. A million financial worries have been erased by winning one hundred million dollars.

Voices interrupt my enjoyment of the glorious morning. As I listen, the voices get louder and louder until they won't be ignored.

"Come, darling. It's time to go. Reality awaits. Leave joy in your dreams."

(182 words)
© Copyright 2003 Grammar Hawk (jwortz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/742440-In-Your-Dreams