*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/748972-Depression
by Eric
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #748972
Just a short little thing I wrote during a down time about depression and suicide.
Life, what an almost meaningless existance. Most people live now-a-days to be 80, 90, 100... for what? 80, 90, 100 years of pain and torture. The day to day grind leaving you asking yourself why should I continue? Why should I go to sleep and wake up hoping that this day will be better than the last only to be let down again. Each day building on the last like bricks. First its one brick, then two, soon it is twenty. It comes to the point that your you feel like your dragging yourself through the mud and muck of the day carrying these twenty brinks of pain, worries, and problems. All this will push you down, push towards your breaking point were you just feel like crawling into a dark corner, away from the world, and just crying, wondering for what reasons you should leave that place away from the world.
Your breaking point... the point were you find out who you really are inside. This is the point were some people find comfort in family. But family or not, this is the point were many find true friends. The ones who will pick you up, dust you off, and help relieve you of some of those bricks that were weighing you down. Those people that will stick by your side through thick and thin are invalueable.
Your breaking point... the point were you find out who you really are inside. Some people feel empty at this point. They find nothing at this lowest point in their lives. They find no friends, no family, no one who cares. But is this true? If one of these people took thier life right now, would anyone miss them? Would anyone care?
My breaking point... I've been there. I've crawled into that dark corner trying to hide from the world and cried. I know what its like to feel like there is no reason to go on. In that lowest moment I found my true friends. The people who will always stand by my side through thick and thin, good times and bad, and all of life's ups and downs.
So this is dedicated to all my friends who have been there for me through the years. Dedicated to all my friends who have ever experienced that lowest moment in their lives where they asked themselves "Why should I go on?" But more than anything, this is dedicated to everyone who has felt that low moment, to everyone who has helped their friends with those troubled moments, I salute you. To everyone, may you find your way through life's troubled moments and have your friends always by your side.
For those who drop to the lowest of low moments and think no one cares. I will care. I will miss you. I will weep for you. I knew two different guys in my time as a student in public schools. Both of them committed suicide. One of them you wouldn't of even guessed that he was having problems at home. So when life has you down and you need someone to talk to, I'll be there, I'll listen when no one else will. May you find the light among all the darkness.
© Copyright 2003 Eric (ericmcc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/748972-Depression