*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/754127-The-Greatest-Mystery-in-Life
by Ron
Rated: E · Article · Death · #754127
my personal perspective of death. plesase rate/review!
The greatest mystery in life is no doubt death itself. No one knows how it feels like to be dead and those who know cannot tell us. What do you see death as? Let me tell you my personal perspective of death.

I think that death is a creature that is given powers beyond anyone’s imagination. It is inevitable as it comes and probably feeds on the soul of a person and grows stronger with each calamity that befalls our world. It takes on any form from a disease to something that poisons or confuses the mind of a speeding driver that kills someone. So dark and powerful is this creature called death that it is almost impossible to escape from its clutches.

Some people have defied death many times in their lives. They play games with this creature by taking unnecessary risks and yet surviving miraculously. However, no matter how many times they defy death, it will still befall them one day.

The only opposing force that can fight this creature is the determination within one to live. When one is in an unstable condition in a hospital, his or her psychological strength to live on is very important. If it proves stronger than death, the creature will be forced to leave and come again another time. Nonetheless, it will come back eventually.

Some people say that death is the cure to all diseases. I agree with this statement, but not totally. Death is the final stage of all diseases but at the same time, also the final stage of life. It allows the disease to be cured but it brings the person to a place of no return.

Perhaps, we should not view death so negatively. As with all other animals or creatures on earth, death has its uses as well. It ensures that the world is not over-populated. Just look at the world now, even with death to control the human population, we are doing so much to bring the earth to destruction. Imagine a world in which human has conquered death, wouldn’t it be chaotic? Death cannot be conquered. Even if we truly manage to conquer it, it will only be a short-termed victory. This is because as our technological advances, our world is slowly brought to destruction and this will thus allow death to come and take us.

Death is a natural cycle that all must follow, whether or not it is a creature. Perhaps it truly is one and will come for me after I reveal it; perhaps it is just a name that human use to describe what happens as our mind and body stops working. This still remains a mystery for as long as we live. Nonetheless, let us all fight it courageously and not fear it even if we lose the fight against death.
© Copyright 2003 Ron (wacko_guy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/754127-The-Greatest-Mystery-in-Life