*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/755652-WIP
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #755652
*WIP* Silly story meant for kids. Fun and working out so far...
         Boring Place was a small village built at the base of Gargantuan Mountain. This mountain was so big that the Sun had trouble climbing it before lunch time. It had to climb all morning just to get on top and shine down on Boring Place.

Because of this, people where used to staying in bed a long time. They had to rush, rush, and rush to get anything done before the Sun bounded over the town to sleep in the woods to the west.

One of the young boys, Bobby, was very upset that the Sun left so soon all the time. He never got to play outside for more than a few hours before the Night came. He decided that the mountain had to move!

“Papa, I have decided we have to move the mountain,” Bobby said to his father one day.
“Stop being so silly Bobby. Children can’t move mountains.” his father replied as he chopped some wood for the evening. “Help me bring this wood inside.”
When Bobby carried a big piece of wood inside he found his mother stirring up a cake. “Mama, I think we should move the mountain,” he said.
“Children can’t move mountains,” she said laughing. “Put that wood in the stove. I have to get this cooked if you want to eat it for supper.”
Bobby opened the woodstove and placed his wood inside. Afterwards he went to see his friend Jeremy. “I’m going to move the mountain,” Bobby said. “You’re my best friend. Will you help me?”
Jeremy started to laugh. “Kids can’t move mountains. Nobody can move Gargantuan Mountain,” he replied. He ran off to tell the other children about Bobby’s silly scheme.
Bobby ran home and went to his room. He took his favourite blue sack from under his bed. He put his green blanket in the sack, along with his best marbles and some cookies. Then he took some charcoal and a piece of paper and wrote, “Dear Papa and Mama. I have gone to move the mountain. I will climb to the top and find a better place to put it. Don’t worry. Bobby.”
Then Bobby left. He tried walking right up the mountain but his boots slipped on old crumbly rocks. He made his way up through big pine trees till he found a flat area way up high. He looked up the mountain but he couldn’t see the top. Bobby seemed to be on a trail that went left or right along the mountain, but not up.
It quickly became dark and cold. Bobby took out his blanket and wrapped himself up. He peered over the edge of the trail and could see little fire lamps being lit in his village. Breathing in he could smell cooked meat and tasty deserts. His mouth began to water as he remembered his momma’s cake.
Bobby’s ears perked up as he heard a sound from the sky. He looked straight ahead and could see the Sun yawning as it lay down in the trees far away.

Bobby began to think of his plan. “Maybe if I get to the other side I will have more light to work in. Moving a mountain is not going to be easy by myself. I know I can do it though.”

“First I climb the mountain. Second I look for a nice place to put it. Third I go to the bottom of the mountain and start moving it.” Bobby smiled and snuggled in his fuzzy wool blanket covered head to toe. He soon fell asleep with dreams of food floating through his head.


I. Court of Frog King
         A. Bobby's Plight
         B. King's Plight
         C. Agreement
                   a. Bobby gets rid of *no telling!* then king moves mountain
                             1. Bobby goes to get rid of *hehe* with the old man
                             2. ** Challenges Bobby
                             3. **Makes mistake and needs help
                             4. Wise old man get more out of this for Bobby (AKA *ooh something nice goes here* wooo!)

Hmmm have just updated and changed over a lot of the text. Currently 9'1'05 2:45pm
© Copyright 2003 Matthais (tholdm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/755652-WIP