*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/761578-My-Halloween-Story
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #761578
Step right up and come in for a thrill of your life!~
Happy Halloween


         "Step right up! Step right up, boys and girls! This will be the most frightening day of your life." Yelled the carnival barker. He was one of the ugliest men alive. He was a fat man with black pants, a white shirt, and derby hat. He was standing outside the Funhouse trying to get people to come inside. There was no one coming out of the ride, and the line was pretty short. I decided right then and there that I wanted to be scared. This was going to be so much fun.
          I stepped up to the barker and gave him my tickets. The barker looked down at me and gave me one of the most evil laugh's I've ever heard, "Moo-haa--aaaa--good luck kiddy at coming out alive! Moo-hhaaa-aaahhhh!!"
         Slowly I stepped up to the door and was let in. At first, it was very dark and quiet. I glanced around the room to see where I was going, but I just couldn't see a thing. So I found the wall with my hand, when suddenly something furry grabbed my arm.
         "AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed but the thing took hold a little bit tighter. It then pulled me through a hole in the wall and I found myself in a red room. Everywhere I turned the sight of blood was everywhere. Bolting to the place in the wall where I came through, I tried to go back, but the hole had disappeared. I was stuck. The lights began to flash off and on, and as they came back on I realized that in front of me was a werewolf, with glowing red eyes. The eyes just followed me through the room. Each time I tried to move away I would look back to find the werewolf had moved closer to me. I could not make out if this was real or fake. Being brave I walked right up to the werewolf and punched him in the stomach.
         "Whomp!" The werewolf doubled over in pain and then bolted right back up and took hold of my arms and lifted me off the floor. It was at this moment that I realized this was no ordinary carnival ride. Kicking and screaming the wolf finally let me go and I ran into the only open space I could find. What I saw there made my blood run cold.
          In the middle of the room there were bodies. It appeared that a massacre had taken place. "Gulp.." my heart bounced into my throat, as I saw the group that had gone before me. They all were just laying there all torn apart. Blood was everywhere, and the smell was horrible.
         In that moment I knew I had to get out of here. But where was the exit? I could hear people in the next room, so I hesitantly crept to take a look. There was a vampire there, he was sitting in his casket looking in my direction. He must have seen me, so I tried to hide. I turned around to run and there he was. He towered over me, and the next thing I knew I was being carried into his chamber.
         Now, I'm a ghoul. I don't remember much else of anything. Those were my last moments as a living boy. My destiny is to add to our family, searching, looking for the person who loves to fear. If you're too afraid once you are inside you are of no use and will be killed. If you love the fear, you will be perfect for our family.
         So the next time a carnival comes to town, go into the funhouse and see if you can survive!
"Mooooohhaaaaaahooooaaaaaa"
© Copyright 2003 freakyredmom (freakyredmom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/761578-My-Halloween-Story