*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/764027-The-Worms
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Gothic · #764027
This is a series of thoughts of a psychologiacally unstable man.
The worms...they drove me nuts.... They drove me
Crazy...Crazy? I was crazy once....
They locked me up in a little white room.... I lived there, and I died there. ...Paranoid? I would be crazy then.... Crazy? I was crazy once...they even buried me there, in the cold, cold ground where the worms tickled my toes. They write me off as a complete psycho, someone with absolute paranoia. And after they close the window they find what they're looking for, and it's never what they want. How stupid can these students get? Dancing in the shadows.... Dance little puppets, dance, and dance, and dance while Mama pulls the strings and cuts them loose.... Those few whose psychoses are immediately obvious are among the most terrifying vampires to stalk the streets. The faces in the walls are leering again; screaming at me...they know one more has joined their ranks, one more who won't speak. I apologize for scaring you...but I’m scared, too. I guess I'll have to put that straightjacket back together again, and I won't look outside the door because even the insane know a beast when they see one.... A beast…Hah! Humanity is the beast. Danger? No, Bah! Prudent, they called it...Prudence never pickled no rats....
This I remember...what my sire said when he Embraced me. Changed me
The filth encrusting the earth...THEY locked me up in here and kept me silent all these years.
So here I linger, staring out the open window again, white walls sprayed and tinged the oddest shades of red and pink and I don't really know why they're that way. I'm dressed the same, white and red, and the stars shine overhead with brilliant light and while the Beast inside laughs and sings, I sit and remember bitter things...
Brain, tears apart when you are made.... Not bitten. Embraced, HA! Already gone....
Dark intellect and I see. I understand. You are dead.


© Copyright 2003 Kiersten Hunter (lila at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/764027-The-Worms