*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/765320-MrPeru-The-Class-Comedian
by nada
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #765320
Corky Peru has a dream and his 5th grade class is where it begins.
"All right Corky Peru since you know more than I do come up to the front and teach the class, declared Mr.Howard." Corky Peru, pint-sized jokester part-time funnyman didn't waste a second for old Howard to repeat himself. He dashed to the front of the class, grabbed the eraser and was set. Gasping, the entire class looked in disbelief as Mr.Howard handed his prized ruler over to Corky and leaned back to watch the show. Clearing his dry throat and wiping his sweaty palms on his shirt Corky grinned cheekily at the class and began telling knock, knock jokes. Muffled titters flew around the class but noone dared to laugh out loud, punishment could be brutal. Corky refused to quit."Hey Mr.Howard, what's blue and has polka dots all over it, asked Corky straining to keep a straight face?" 40 little eyes quickly turned to Mr.Howard. Crinkling his forehead thoughfully Mr.Howard suddenly announced,"your underwear!". The whole class broke out chuckling and laughing as a shocked Corky began laughing also. That was the beginning of Corky Peru's comedy stand-up in class.
© Copyright 2003 nada (thebigkid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/765320-MrPeru-The-Class-Comedian