*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/768190-The-Chocolate-Kid-Returnscontinued
by nada
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #768190
this is a story of youth, embarrassments that are remembered but soon laughed about
Sitting at his desk Mr.Mort wrote a short note then began writing. Tory finished filling out his paper and glanced up to meet the curious gaze of Maryann.A deep red flush raced down Tory's neck as he flashed back to the day of the bakery, Maryann and Julie were dressed alike and smelling like cinnamon, Why was that the one day he had to act like a pig and Maryann be there to see him actually be head-first in a vat of chocolate. Smiling weakly Tory wished the floor would open up and swallow him whole. Maryann swiftly passed a piece of gum to Tory and smiled at him with her sweetest smile. Tory's eyes grew wide and bewildered that Maryann the prettiest girl he knew would even wanna be seen speaking to him.Whispering,"Thank you, he then took a special interest in his desk and refused to look her way in case he did something stupid, like talk.Wow, Maryann smiled at me, at me, muttered Tory, feeling a bit giddy. Lunchtime arrived quickly and everyone scrambled from the class to be the first in line. By now every kid at Winston Junior High recognized Tory and remembered last year's incident.'Hey Chocolate Kid, how's it going, yelled a big kid named Frank as he walked by towards the lunchroom with his pals in tow.Wow, Tory was amazed no one had made wisecracks, well, almost no one but otherwise today wasn't so bad until he hit the cafeteria. Grabbing a lunch tray Tory got in line and just as he picked out his food a smart-alecked kid called out,hey chocolate kid, i got some brownies over here for you a whole pan of them!' Snorts, chuckles, and giggles ran all over the lunchroom."That Bobby is such a big jerk, huffed Maryann as she passed Tory heading to a bench filled with giggly girls. Openmouthed , Tory paid for his lunch ignoring the taunts thrown at him. Tory took his tray and went outside when his buds ran over and punched him in the arm soon they all were goofing around just like usual. noon bell rang and Tory rushed out of class to find his buds, they were going over to Temple's park to play baseball stopping at his locker Tory spied a sheet of paper hanging out of it. Opening his locker and shoving his books inside Tory picked up the note, looked down the halls, then seeing noone watching him ,he opened the note and read the message,"Tory, don't worry about what others say I think you are sweet even if you do like lots of chocolate. no signature, nothing. Tory glanced down the halls once more but saw no one looking his way. Folding the note back up Tory placed the note in his pocket and smiling ran to play ball with old friends.
© Copyright 2003 nada (thebigkid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/768190-The-Chocolate-Kid-Returnscontinued