*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/774273-To-Be-Free
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #774273
A girl walks off the cliff of life.
To Be Free

She didn't like when the people she called her friends would leave her out. In fact, she hated it. Everyday during school she'd sit with a glare on her face. She would think about how much fun it would be to just ditch school; to just leave and be free. 'To be free,' she thought. Yeah right, that would never happen.

But how nice it would feel. To be free of horrible friends. To be free of politics. To be free of war. To be free of school. To be free of homework. To be free of stress. And most of all, to be free of a world full of hate; of hate for her.

4th period seemed to drone on. She just wanted to leave for lunch. But eventually the bell rung, and she rushed out of the class. She went to her car, got in, and started to drive. She didn't know where she was going. She didn't know that she was not returning to school; ever.

Next thing she knew, it was 3 o'clock and she was in the mountains. She pulled over and got out of the car. It's beautiful, and she wished she had her camera. She looked over the edge of the cliff; it was a steep drop, at least one hundred feet. Looking out she saw all the colorful trees. Trees of orange, red, brown, and some still green spread themselves across her view.

'It's like fire,' she thought. The trees were fire. Like the fire that kept her going. She stepped closer to the edge. Her fire was running low. She wanted to leave, but oh how she loved the view! She stepped closer. Off in the distance, she saw a farm. It had a red barn, and horses out in a paddock grazing. She loved horses.

Stepping closer to the edge, she realized the sky had darkened, and a chilly breeze swept over her. Her time was up. She knew it. She saw the wind blow the leaves off the trees. 'Their fire is being burned out. So is mine.' The wind picked up in strength.

It only took one strong gust. One strong gust blew out her fire, that's all it took. She was flying with the leaves. They were rejected from the trees as she was rejected from society. And now she was flying. Down, down, down she went. And she smiled. 'I will not have to suffer anymore, I'm free.'
© Copyright 2003 Rascal M. (minutemaid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/774273-To-Be-Free