*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/781900-Somewhere-Else---An-Introduction
by Kiana
Rated: E · Short Story · Biographical · #781900
An exploration of the ways we live our lives.
         This town. It's half-full of people who have just flown in, from other corners of the world - somewhere else. These people. They are all battling to buy tramp-esque clothing, at Trump-esque prices. These body-hangings give the wearer the coincidental look of being old and ragged, but pinned and tucked in all the right places. There is a saying that you should never look a gift horse in the mouth... Well, you wouldn't have to with these folk. Their 'giftedness' is adhered to their bodies' every plane, precipice and protruberance...

... In contrast to this fashion, there lives the other half of this town's (more static) population. These people stand on the outskirts of this fray. Huddled and mumbling at bus stops, waiting for their chance to get out. Wanting, needing to be somewhere else...
© Copyright 2003 Kiana (st.zen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/781900-Somewhere-Else---An-Introduction