*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/782899-Green-Eyed-Monster
Rated: XGC · Short Story · Erotica · #782899
A betrothal isn't necessarily a promise...
CODE: H (set in the Horus/Kemet storyline)

TAKES PLACE DURING (specific story): NA

PAIRING: Aker/Buto (M/F)

EXPLANATION: I wanted to explore the river god Hapi's jealousy and obsession when his intended doesn't really intend to spend much time with him. In the storyline, Hapi is granted the sister-goddesses Buto and Nekhbet as his wives; the meek Nekhbet gives in to him, but the strong-willed Buto is another story entirely. For some reason I just thought the earth god Aker was a good choice for her, at least for a fling. Buto is nobody's doormat.

DISCLAIMERS: None at the moment.


* * * * *


Green-Eyed Monster


Hapi floated in the current, part of the current, going over his thoughts and scowling to himself. He couldn't believe Buto had refused him again. The nerve of her! Ra had granted Nekhbet and Buto both as his wives, and the snake goddess still refused to let him lie with her. Nekhbet, she hadn't been much trouble; more timid than her sister, she'd given in under his cajoling, but she hadn't wanted to go into the water. That irritated him; it was so much easier, so much more pleasurable, in the water. Nevertheless he'd given in to that, simply to have her, as was his right; to make up for her refusal to enter the water he'd grown two members, planning to earn himself twice the pleasure with her. The sight had nearly frightened her off; evidently she'd never heard of his abilities. He'd clutched her to him before she could flee, entering her both in front and behind at once. The look on her face--the sheer shock and astonishment, as well as the gasp she'd let out--had been worth the absence of water. He'd taken her fast and furiously, for as he'd made love to her, even then he'd been thinking of Buto, his next prize; Buto with her slanting, seductive eyes, her dress of golden scales that perfectly formed to the contours of her body, her long slender arms and legs, Buto who knew the river almost as well as he did. As he'd finished with Nekhbet, leaving her gasping and spent, he'd been relishing the moment he'd reach Buto in the Delta and take her as a man takes his wife.

Only--Buto had refused him! She'd even seemed insulted that he should ask for her--insulted! Her! When she'd been promised as his wife--she had to know--and still she wouldn't permit him to so much as touch her! At first he'd thought her refusal was a joke, and had started to draw her to him, as he had Nekhbet--only to have her hiss and sprout fangs, threatening to turn into a cobra. Indeed a horde of smaller cobras had arrived, no doubt summoned up by her as protection; Hapi had let go and backed off, taking the hint. He'd left her alone then. Still, it infuriated him that she should have the temerity to turn him away when she was so plainly his.

She knew him, had known him a long time, and doubtless knew of his powers of virility; but the promise of what he could do for her seemed to hold no interest. He had his pick of any of the single goddesses--and some not single--in the land--but she'd turned him down. It had even been easier for him when the object of his attentions barely knew him at all. Such was the case with Renenet, he was sure; she had wallowed into the shallow water looking for lilies, and he'd come up from below, half god, half water, to gently caress her legs. She'd seemed surprised, and a little startled when he rose from the water; but he'd made certain his watery caresses touched her in just the right spots, melting away any doubts she may have had and drawing her down into the river with him. She'd smiled--before he'd covered her mouth with his own, to allow her to breathe under the surface. It had been as easy as that. As water he'd molded to her perfectly, his arms around her, bearing her deeper and deeper as he penetrated her clothing to couple with her. Renenet had clung to him all the way to the bottom, trusting him completely not to let her go, not to let her drown, and all the way up again she'd moaned into his mouth, a cry breaking from her as they broke the surface, she gasping as Hapi's fluid filled her. He had enjoyed Renenet's company, although it had been only one time; she had borne him a son from the union, and he was proud to claim the boy as his own. Any offspring he had could only go to prove his virility, and he welcomed them.

But Buto...he would never have children from her if she wouldn't even let him touch her! He'd tried tricking her into submitting, had even tried the same approach he'd tried with Renenet, when she'd gone wading into the river, only to be surrounded by watersnakes. Damn her, she'd known, she always knew. He couldn't figure it out. He'd known she was tricky, but not that tricky!

But what tormented him most was why--why, why did she insist on keeping him at arm's length? He knew she loved children, and he knew he wasn't repulsive; it had to be her. Perhaps she was merely hard to get; or else fancied herself not ready. Whichever; he would think of a way to have her. He had to; her coldness caused him to sleep uneasily at night. He kept having fantasies of coupling with both sisters, Nekhbet and Buto, at one time, Nekhbet perched at his left and Buto at his right, their inner legs touching before him, both of them heaving against his dual members. Or perhaps, he would have four--to fill them up at both ends, as he had Nekhbet alone. But in either case, he could almost feel their flesh warm against him, their hips rocking onto him, frail, willowy Nekhbet panting and moaning breathlessly, strong, sturdy Buto hissing and baring her teeth like a snake. The two of them were so different...so very different...gods, how he ached to be in them both at once! And Buto, Buto, damn her--she was the only thing holding him back. Her and her hangups; he wondered how long he should have to wait before convincing her to give in to him, to give in period.

He started swimming for the surface, heading north. He had to see her; just to catch a glimpse of her, or watch her prowl around the Delta, nothing more, and perhaps he could relieve the burning he felt himself. He would be patient for now. She'd have to give in sometime.

His head broke the surface. He remained clear, part of the river itself, scanning the small streams and islands and clumps of papyrus all around him. His senses told him she was here; yet he couldn't see her walking around anywhere, as she often did. He followed a larger stream in the direction his senses told him to go; narrowing his eyes and sharpening his ears, he examined the nearby bank for any sign of the goddess.

He couldn't see her until he brought up his sixth sense, and then could barely catch fleeting glimpses of her. This was because she was hiding; he could feel the spell she'd cast over herself to keep out prying eyes. Over herself--and who was with her.

Hapi's eyes flashed. His brain interpreted the brief images reaching him. A tree--a tuft of papyrus--Buto, lying upon the ground--her clothes spread around her, and someone else's--a god--a god kissing her neck, and cupping her breast--leaning over her--no, in her, his hips moving, his buttocks contracting slowly--a low groan forming in his throat as he savored her feel, as he savored the feel of Hapi's wife--

A hideous fire started up inside Hapi. He recognized the god from the brief images--Lord Aker, from the West, brother of Harakhte, the keeper of the gates to Amenti. What was Lord Aker doing in the Delta when he rightly belonged in the Underworld? And what was he doing ravishing Hapi's wife? Aker had never had a reputation for taking other people's women; perhaps he should be taught not to start doing so, before he'd sated his desires on poor Buto. Then she'd be grateful...

But he took a longer look, and realized this was no one-way affair, Aker was being honorable as always in not knowing Buto was Hapi's intended bride; indeed Hapi knew Buto hadn't even told him, with how her own buttocks contracted with his pushes, with how her moist lips parted in rapture, with how the nipples of her gently heaving breasts stood up hard at Aker's touch, with how her hands ran up and down his back and even lower to urge him on, deeper, deeper, with how--

Hapi stopped watching before the rage in him could boil over. He clenched his teeth and his fists with fury; the sight had excited him, but had angered him also, angered him beyond words. So! She wasn't merely playing hard to get; Buto had let Lord Aker get her, easily enough, right on the ground by the river, only a wall of reeds and Buto's silly spell to shield them from outside eyes. He briefly wondered who'd seduced whom--if the ever-honorable Lord Aker had cajoled her as Hapi had her sister, or if Buto--the little strumpet!--had drawn him down upon her--though it hardly mattered now. She'd been willing to give herself--but not to him--her rightful husband! Why, if she was so easy to take, would she not let him do the taking? His inability to answer the question only fueled his rage, and the water around him very nearly bubbled as the wrath boiled up inside him.


Please REVIEW if you rate.
Please DO NOT rate if you won't review.
Thank you!



This item is not looking for critique. It was written solely for entertainment's sake. Although a scene from a possibly longer story, it is complete in itself and unless otherwise stated there is not going to be any more of it written. Additional unrelated SCENES may be written, but single scenes themselves are complete as they are. So please do not expect more. If you are interested in reading the series which INSPIRED the scene, just look elsewhere in my portfolio and you should find something. (Use the "story codes" given in the scene headers. For example, "MI" = "Manitou Island" series.)

I am not looking for critique on grammar, spelling, style, sentence structure, flow, or the mechanics of writing. What I AM interested in is commentary on such things as characterization, plot, symbolism, theme, etc.--the deeper aspects of the story. I like to know if a scene is believable, if the characters are interesting, what you thought of how they interacted, if the writing evoked any emotions, things such as that.

Feel free to criticize, but just keep in mind that I'm working on more important projects and shared this just for fun and/or to illustrate character interactions, so I don't plan to revise it any time soon. Comments on the characters, theme, etc. are more than welcome.
*Smile*
© Copyright 2003 Tehuti, Lord Of The Eight (tehuti_88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/782899-Green-Eyed-Monster