*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/783836-Remember-the-Hope
Rated: E · Poetry · Inspirational · #783836
The tale of a woman who lost all she had. (Short poem)
Welcome all!
I originally wrote this poem as an aid for the novel I'm working on and then I realised that it had the makings of an inspiring, yet short, piece of poetry. The general theme of this, I suppose, is consequence. The woman in my poem is lamenting because of her past, and however much you may want to wish it away, the past cannot be undone. But the past can be remembered, and so can the hope of the past. Hence the title, Remember the Hope.
I hope you all enjoy reading this poem as much as I enjoyed writing this, and may hope always be at your back.


Remember the Hope



She marched to war as a warrior would
She set her faith in love as best she could.
Her eyes set down, her hair covered by hood
The lady marched on, despite her spilt blood.

Yet when she reached the edge of the sea
She stopped and looked upon the old oak-tree.
Here many things she had endured to see:
The death of her father, her late lover’s flee.

She lamented her losses and moved slowly on
Her lips formed the words of a haunting song.
She sang of her lovers and choices done wrong,
And in the end she passed; her sorrow not gone.

When the new buds of June rise from the dust,
Remember that her love stained her own lust.
Remember the wars fought by the wind’s gust,
Remember the hope, remember the trust.
© Copyright 2003 Rachel Rock (pyroflame at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/783836-Remember-the-Hope