*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/789345-Misunderstandings
by reggie
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #789345
dont now why i wrote this, must've been bored and/or depressed. i know about grammar
         I walk up to my computer and I sit in my leather chair. This is great, I think. Finally my chat is working and I get to talk to my friends after so long. I turn on my computer and wait. After about a minute I log on and there I am, inside a chatroom with some of my friends.          The first person that talks to me is very nice, but is somewhat needy. He talks to me and says hello. I respond and once we are past the niceties we can talk normally. He askes me what I am planning to do for the day. I tell him that I am busy and have tonnes of work to do, plus my dear friend is coming over and I want to watch my favourite movie of all time, all in this very busy day. He laughs and says to make sure I have fun. I leave the chatroom and get to work.
         After a few hours my doorbell rings and my friend is here. We talk and surf the net. We have a great time. Once she leaves I go back to my chatroom and the previous person who was talking to me asks me how the party went. I laugh to myself and reply that it was great. All of a sudden he asked me if I was drunk.
         Surely, I thought, he must be joking, he knows that I do not drink and he knows that I did not go to a party. I explicitly told him my friend was coming over and that is it. So thinking that he was joking, I told him yes, I was a little drunk. I even put a little picture of a smily-woozy face to boot. Then the most unexpected thing happened.
         He said "Bah, I thought you were different." I am totally confused right now, but I still think he is joking, we had conversations like this before.
         I say, oh really. How? He replies, "you were an 8, if you told me you drank, you would have been a 7, but you lied to me and now you are a 5." It's late and I am confused, there are numbers coming at me in all directions. i ask him what he is talking about. He retorts "you should look at the conversation when you are sober, you filthy drunkard." By now I am thinking, what the hell is going on! i dont understand if this is still a joke or if he is truly mad at me for something i didnt do. Just to be on the safe side i type in, "i'm not drunk. i dont have a hangover. i dont drink." Again he said that i lied to him. I repeated that phrase but included that i was joking in teh beginning when he first asked me. His answer reeks of scorn when he replies, i dont know you, i dont trust you. Really, by now i was in shock, then anger. I start to type about how it was just a joke and how i dont know what he is talking about, when an instant message appears from him. "I told you already, i am paranoid about these things. I also told you that my dad has a drinkning problem and a drug problem." Guilt washes over me, i felt horrible. I type as fast as i can that im sorry and that i didnt know, and if he did tell me i forgot. I repeat this message a few dozen times, before he says "whatever, i'll let this go for now. i'll forget all about it. Just dont do it again." I wanted to yell at him then. I dont know why, i just did. I wanted to tell him that it was a joke and that i didnt mean to upset him and that i think he took it all out of context. Of course, my concerns of anger werent as important as his family crisis. I suck in my anger and start talking to him normally like i usually would. After a while he becomes happy again and starts explaining this hacking website to me. I have never done it before so i was confused. After i express my confusion a few more times he swears and asks me again if i am drunk. NOw, i am pissed off. I already told him i wasnt drunk. Just because it is late and im tired and dont understand how to hack into a computer system, doesnt mean im drunk. Honestly i wanted to yell at him, but alas i couldnt must the words of conviction. Instead i coldly tell him goodnight and leave the chatroom. Now as i type these events, i think to myslef. Did he really tell me that his father had problems? Could he have confused me someone else? I dont know and i dont want to ask, dreading a replay of tonight. I think i caused him more pain than he caused me and i am truly sorry. But i am confused, but i hate it when he is mad at me so i will try to be more civil. I just hope that these misunderstandings dont severe our friendship.
© Copyright 2003 reggie (reggieme89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/789345-Misunderstandings