*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/791017-My-Really-Bad-Day
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #791017
A man goes through many funny obstacles that in the end ruin his life forever.
My Really Bad Day

Today I haven’t had much sleep, and to top it off my roof started to leak. The liquid was a green color, and it was dripping over my bed on my face. I was having trouble sleeping because of horrible nightmares. Once I finally woke up I was still feeling exhausted, and from there I could tell I was going to have a really bad day. After I had gotten ready for work, I went to get my cell phone, but I couldn’t find it. I had to stop looking for my phone because I was already running late for work. After looking I went to go and get my car keys, but it seems like my dog had gotten to them first. I decided to take him to my neighbor; so that he wouldn’t eat anything else in my house. When I looked at my watch, I had no time to lose; so I went to call a cab on my house phone.
Eventually I got to work, but I was running one hour late because of the things I had lost. When I walked into my job at Pet Smart, my manager called me to his office. After walking in to his office he told me to sit down, and all of a sudden I got a horrible feeling in my stomach. He began to lecture me on the importance of being on time, and before I knew it he fired me. I went to go and get a newspaper afterward to look for another job. I found a few good jobs, but all the positions had just been filled. I forgot another important thing, which was that I had been depending on my check that week. I still had to pay my bills, and now I didn’t have enough.
Finally after a long day, I went to go home and sleep. When I was a few blocks away from home, a house had blown up. Once I was turning into my block, I noticed that the house that blew up was mine. I had lost everything my belongings, money, and a place to live. The only right thing I had done so far was sent my dog to my neighbor’s house, but soon I noticed that my house wasn’t the only thing that was on fire. My neighbor’s house was too. I saw him and my dog outside and noticed that my dog was hurt. I got my dog back and took him to the veterinarian. I was thinking of everything I had to do that I didn’t do today and I had forgot to pay my insurance for my house so I was homeless now.
I had 100 dollars and a credit card in my wallet. I saw a hotel so I went to get a room but none were available. I had no idea what to do because I had no where else to stay. I went to the park and sat on a bench and felt numb because I was cold. Eventually I just fell asleep, and then I woke up a little afterward because it felt like something or someone was shoving me. When I got up two police officers where there and told me to get up, and they asked for my license. After that they asked why I was sleeping there. I told them what happened so they told me to try and find somewhere else to sleep other than at the park. Little did I know that there was a brown paper bag under the bench, and they had seen it right when we were going to leave. They stopped me and picked it up and saw that it was filled with pot. I didn’t even know that was there, but they didn’t believe me so they took me in. I had one call but had nobody to use it on. I was stuck there for the night, and just went to sleep on the bed. I just waited till tomorrow when it would be straightened out. Right before i fell asleep i realized that the day i just went through was without a doubt the worst day of my life.
© Copyright 2003 A. G. Guillen (cubanboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/791017-My-Really-Bad-Day