*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/792458-Time-Part-6
by Zaring
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #792458
Will Beth call a truce?
Part 6 is also unedited, but I promise, I'm working on it.


When Beth awoke, she was startled to find she was not alone. Shit, what have I done? She wracked her brain. All she could remember was being so out of it. Then she remembered going to lunch with Mark. Did he drug me? No, that's crazy! I worked all afternoon, I was fine!

She then realized she was still completely dressed in her work uniform. She also found that she had beed tucked into bed as if she were a child being put to bed at night by her mother.

She started to turn towards the person lying beside her when she remembered the whole EMT incident, then she also remembered the phone ringing earlier. Oh thank God! Mark must have come to check on me and found me basically unconscious! He was worried about me, how sweet! She thought to herself.

Mark was holding her so close and in such a way, that she felt so protected and safe. She just snuggled back into his body, relieved that she was in safe company.

Wait a minute! Beth thought. I didn't have any dreams. Nothing, not even a visitor. It’s because he’s already here! She smiled to herself, he didn’t have to appear in a dream! In her mind, everything was coming together. But in her heart, she wasn’t completely sure if this was real.

Something still didn’t seem quit right to her! She looked at her right hand. If he is the man in my dream, and he is here with me, shouldn't I be able to see the engagement ring? She wondered. Jeremy said she would see it at the beginning of the dreams. He didn't say anything about if he was there in person. Beth found herself a bit confused on this.

Mark started to stir. “Hey baby, you ok?”

“Yeah. I’m ok, just drained. Turning towards him, she said “Can we just stay here like this? At least until I get some more sleep?”

Mark leaned over and gently kissed her. “Beth, we can stay here forever if you want!” He said smiling.

Something about that statement shook her up a bit. Forever? She thought. I don’t want to stay here forever, I just need more sleep. But part of her liked the thought of being there with him, forever!

“No Mark, I will need to get up, I just want to get some more rest. OK?”

“Sure babe, just let me know if you need anything, AT ALL! You know I'm here if you need me.”

“Thanks Mark, really! I'll let ya know, OK?”

Mark could feel her exhaustion. He didn’t understand why, or what was going on, but he too felt as though he could sleep for hours.

"OK babe." He said as he cuddled back up to her.

***

David laid on the bed in bewilderment. Beth's bedroom images were plastered all around him. He was losing her, he knew it. Yet there was nothing he could do.

The Dream Weaver was playing a serious game. David didn’t know if he would win or lose, but he was certain of one thing. Beth was in real danger of losing everything. She doesn’t even know it! He thought to himself.

Losing the game for Beth would mean so much more than she could ever envision. The thought of the entire realm made David sick to his stomach! She doesn’t realize the impact of what belonging to the Dream Weaver means! She will belong to him completely! His slave, his WHATEVER he chooses. She will never be released from his games. He can throw her into any dream, any aspect of ANY game. She will have no choices! She will never again be free to go to work, to go out to dinner, lunch, or anything! She will never live a normal life at all...she will simply be a tool of another game, or anything else the Dream Weaver decides. He will forever use her as he sees fit to use her. How can I get through to her? David thought.

“BETH! SEARCH YOUR HEART!” He screamed at the top of his lungs, hoping that it would somehow make it to her ears. He had mustered every ounce of his being to bellow those words, he could only pray that they reached her ears, and her heart!

***

The Dream Weaver was furious!

Glaring at the members in front of him, he screamed, “Who gave him his voice? How dare you do something without consulting me! The game WAS playing out nicely! I demand to know who gave him his voice back!”

The members shook in fear as they looked at each other in confusion.

“Master, no one here gave him his voice. He had to have found it within himself!”

“REALLY? Perhaps it would do me justice to watch him more closely in the future!”

“Be gone! All of you! I will ponder more deeply what has just happened, and what I am going to do about it!"

The members were quick to respond to his wish. They rapidly excused themselves from his presence!

***

The words echoed in Beth’s head. She nearly jumped out of bed. Mark intuitively grabbed her, and pulled her back to his side.

“Whoa girl! You ok?”

“I don’t know! I heard...did you hear that?”

“Hear what?”

“A voice, a mans voice actually. He was screaming something?”

“Babe, I didn’t hear anything. What did he say, or scream as you put it?”

“He said...Oh never mind, I‘m sure it was just a dream. That seems to be happening a lot lately.”

Mark hoped she believed that. He needed her to believe that. While Mark was aware of the game. He wasn’t quite clear of the how it all actually worked. He didn’t really care. He had only been given one rule. It didn't seem to make a lot of sense to him, but he was sure that he wouldn't have an issue with it. He knew he had a very real chance of winning Beth back, he wouldn't allow failure to be an option.

He loved her so much! But he had severely screwed things up the last time they were together. Beth ended up kicking him out of her life altogether. He felt genuinely lucky to have another chance to make it right. He wasn’t willing to do anything that would cost him their future again. Game or not!

He gently wrapped her in his arms and whispered softly, "Its all just a dream baby, it'll be OK."

Beth wasn't sure what to believe anymore, but she found herself unable to shake the words that beckoned her to look deeper inside herself. She fell asleep agonizing over what the statement meant.

***

David immediately collapsed after mustering the energy to find his voice. He had nothing left. He had completely spent every ounce of energy that he possessed. In his mind, he could see Beth jump, he saw her confusion. He had to trust that she had heard him. He fell to the floor unconscious.

The members quickly ran to him. It was part of their position to ensure that nothing physically happened to any of the players. They sensed that his over exertion could ruin the game. They also knew that the Dream Weaver would lose what little self control he had left, if anything was to take out a player before he was ready to end the game.

This was indeed, a more indepth game than they had witnessed in the past. These players were playing harder than anyone could have ever assumed they would. They now realized why the Dream Weaver was so tense. Perhaps, for the first time in the history of the game, the Dream Weaver might actually lose!

They picked David up and placed him on the bed. They gave him a shot of B-12 and started an oxygen mask. They gave him a second shot to calm his nerves and demanded all camera’s be turned off.

Then they did something they feared they would regret. They called for the Dream Weaver to consult with them in David's room. It was a bold step for them as they knew he wouldn’t be happy with the summons.

The Dream Weaver angrily responded to their request.

“What audacity! How dare you summon me!”

“Master, please hear us out! This player has severely over exerted himself. He must be removed from the game for a while, or else he will never be able to return. He may not even survive, we are unsure at this point!”

“Fine! So be it! Move him to the calming room. He will be allowed 48 hours to re-group or the game is over. And I WIN! Do you completely understand?”

“Yes Dream Weaver. We understand, Thank you Master!”

“My ass. Don’t summons me again unless he is dead!”

“Yes Dream Weaver.”

***

Beth awoke to mixed emotions. She felt a very unsettled feeling deep inside. Something just didn’t seem right. She also found she was once again alone in the bed. Where's Mark? Was it all just a dream? She thought to herself.

She smelled something. It smelled as though someone was cooking bacon. She called out to Mark. “Hey, are you still here?”

“Yeah babe.”

He ran to the bedroom to check on her. She was still trying to find her feet, trying to get her balance. Her equilibrium seemed way off!

“Whoa girl, you’ve had quite a day. Are you sure you want to try to stand up?”

“Mark, I’ll tell you the one thing I am sure of! I want this game to be over! This is just bullshit!”

Mark took a step back, while still holding onto her arm to help stabilize her.

“What are you talking about? What game?” He was going to play this to the fullest, no matter what!

Beth thought to herself Son of a bitch! I've actually lost my mind!

“Mark, tell me the truth! Why are you here?”

“Because I love you Beth, I always have! You know that! What’s wrong baby? You know that we’re meant to be together. Why all the confusion? I don’t understand?”

“Mark, have we always been together? Did we break up at some point? I don’t remember, I so need to remember! What Mark? What don't I remember about US? Tell me!” She demanded.

“Beth, honey, we’re OK! We broke up a long time ago for something stupid that I can’t even remember! But we're back together and everything else is history! We’re good now, remember? We’ve always been meant for each other, we were made for each other Beth, you know that!”

Beth could easily see the sincerity in his eyes. “You’re probably right. I just feel so shaky right now. Nothing seems right! I'm sorry Mark”

“I know Beth, you’ve been through quite an ordeal.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I just mean, you nearly had a nervous break down. You’ve been exhausted for days, everyone is worried about you, and I’m not leaving you again until I know that you’re OK.”

“Oh Mark, what have I done? Why can't I put this all together in my mind?"

“Beth, honey, you haven’t DONE anything! You’ll be fine, we’ll be fine! It’s all going to be OK Beth, Trust me!”

She wanted to trust him. She was certain he knew what he was talking about. She wanted to just let go and be with him completely. But, she just couldn’t let go! There was something he wasn’t telling her, she could feel it. But the man in her dream often left her hanging as well. Perhaps, Mark was right. Maybe she was having a nervous breakdown!

"Babe, I'm going back to the kitchen and finish making us something to eat. If you need me, just call me. OK? Why don't you just sit here on the bed for a few minutes and get your bearings together?"

"Yeah, OK." Beth sat down on the edge of the bed in deep thought.

"I'll come back in a couple minutes to check on ya. You OK?" He found himself hesitant to leave her, she seemed like she was somewhere else in thought. Mark was pretty sure he knew what she was thinking about. He hoped he was wrong.

"Yeah...Oh Yeah Mark, I'm OK...really."

"OK, just call me if you need anything."

He left her alone with her thoughts.

What if they're the same person playing the same game? She thought to herself.

Beth found herself in a total state of confusion. She just wanted to go back to sleep. This is insane! All of this is just insane!

Beth prayed, “Lord you are not the God of confusion! I know that, but, I AM CONFUSED, please guide me Father!”

She felt a tug at her heart and heard a very gentle voice, “My child, I have not left you, nor will I ever! You ARE right, I am not the God of confusion! What you have entered into, I am not the God of either! You are alone in this my dear child, I am unable to help you!”

“But God, I thought you loved me!”

“I do love you my child, I always will! But I can only be here to pick you up. This is not a game I would ever suggest to anyone! I am sorry you made the choice to enter into it! But I will always love you my child. Its who I am!”

Beth couldn’t take anymore! “I call a truce! I give up!” She screamed.

Mark heard her scream. He threw the pan and scrambled to get to her side.

***

The Dream Weaver showed himself almost immediately.

“Are you sure you want this Beth?” His deafening laughter was audible through out his words.

Beth and Mark, both hit the floor. His omnipotence was more than either of them could bare! They where completely un-prepared for the vision that was before them.

Beth realized she was way out her league. She now knew there was no way to leave this game without winning it. It was her only real choice!

“NO!” Beth yelled. "I WILL WIN THIS GAME!"

Mark shuddered at what he was seeing. He loved Beth, that part he was sure of, but this...this was totally something his mind was unable to fathom. He was in complete shock!

The Dream Weavers laughter quickly subsided. "You tease me?" His anger was displayed throughout his entire appearance. Mark and Beth both trembled in fear of what he might do to them.

"You'll not speak those words again unless you mean it! Of course, it's merely a matter of time. It always is! Then my dear, you'll be my possession and these wimps will not even hold a spot in your memory."

With that, the Dream Weaver was gone.

This time, Mark found himself saying, “What the hell is going on?”

This completes part 6. Part 7 is now ready.
 Time: Part 7  (18+)
Will someone die?
#796012 by Zaring

© Copyright 2003 Zaring (ginafry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/792458-Time-Part-6