*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/819175-Xtreme-Football
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #819175
Get ready for awesome football!
Xtreme Football


Lewis walked down Miller St. toward his house
(which looked like Godzilla ate it chewed a few times and spat it out). Lewis lived with a poor family that couldn’t even afford a new pair of shoes for him. He had a pair of shoes but it looked like it came from the dump. Lewis walked in his front door walked in his living room and fell onto the couch warily.

"Mom what’s for dinner?" he asked as he turned on the television (which was as big as a computer).

"A little chicken and beans," his mom replied. Lewis sighed deeply.

"Louey what are you watching?" his older sister Eliza asked.

"Don’t call me Louey I've asked you a billion times or are you just to stupid to get the fact that it's annoying," Lewis snapped.

"What are you going to do cry... Louey," Eliza said sarcastically.

"You’re so dumb!" Lewis shouted as he threw a pillow at her from the couch.

"Alright guys stop it," their mom said. Lewis got off the couch and stormed out of the house and slammed the door behind him. To make things worse for Lewis a couple of the neighborhood bullies Krim and Zax were riding by on bikes but stopped a few feet away from him.

"Hey look it’s the dump I’ve been looking all over for it," Krim said and threw his banana peel at Lewis's house deliberately. Krim was the taller more mean looking one because his nose was curved kind of like it got broken (which Lewis was pretty sure it did) and his clothes and brown hair made him look a lot like a biker. Zax was a little bit shorter and didn't look that strong when you looked at him but he was really good at fighting and was more of a pretty boy with blonde hair and blue eyes and definetely the biggest show off Lewis had ever seen. He got red in the face and charged at Krim and knocked him off his bike. Krim fell with the bike and smashed into the ground.

"You piece of crap he was just messing around, but now your going to get it!" Zax spat angrily. He got off his bike and punched Lewis in the face and then kicked into Lewis's ribs which knocked the air out of him . He got up and punched Zax in the stomach with the air left in his lungs and then kneed him in the face. Krim shoved the bike off his leg and stood up with his face cut from hitting the ground the ground. He ran at Lewis and tackled him. Lewis shoved Krim off him and got kicked by Zax. He got kicked in the ribs again and put his arms up to block his head. They walked off after their kicking frenzy ended and Lewis groaned and rolled over on his back. When he got his breath back he realized his shirt was jagged and his pant had a big tear in it.

"My mom is going to be pissed," Lewis mumbled. He sat up and wiped the blood from his lip and turned toward a man standing a couple feet away from him.

"Are you okay?" a stranger asked sympathetically. This stranger looked about in his thirties he had slick brown hair and his jacket had imprinted letters on it which read Mountain Lions and he wore shiny blue jeans.

"No," Lewis replied.The stranger picked him up and wiped the dirt off his shirt.

"How old are you," he asked.

"Thirteen, why?" Lewis asked back.

"I’m recruiting a local city football team and you have to be twelve or older and you look strong, so I was thinking maybe you would want to join," he explained.

"Football... sure," Lewis said.

"What’s you’re name kid?" he asked.

"Lewis, you?" he replied.

"I’m Bill your new coach," he said.

"Do I have to call you coach every time I see you?" Lewis asked.

"Only on the field," he replied."Here’s the schedule for the games and practices".

"Thanks," Lewis said. Bill walked off down the sidewalk. Lewis looked at his schedule and saw that his first practice was in two days at Hick Poper's Stadium.

"Oh yeah and Lewis have you had any experience in playing football?" Bill asked.

"Yeah, I used to play," he responded.

"Ok, good, thanks Lewis," Bill said.


Two days later Lewis rode his bike a few miles to Hick Poper's Stadium and met up with the rest of the kids who got recruited.

Bill walked over to them and told everyone to tell each other their names and then shake hands. Everyone said their names Chris, Troy, Jinx, Sean, Mike, Seth, Bret, Neo, Kent, Andrew, Sam, John, Ben and Lewis and then they shook hands.

A little later Bill watched us play to find what position we would play. Lewis switched to different positions so Bill could see which one was the best for him.

Lewis mainly wanted to play as running back but Chris was pretty good too. He could run really fast and could juke but didn’t have really good control with the football. Seth was running for the position also. Seth was strong and could break tackles but he wasn’t to fast he would be a good fullback he thought. Lewis was fairly fast and could juke and had good control of the ball he thought he would probably be the best for running back.

Bill wanted to see Lewis at running back so he got a pitch to the right and broke a tackle and ran forward before he got tackled for a gain of seven yards.After a little more practice Bill called the team over and everyone went to him to get their positions.

"Good playing you guys you all did well so if you don’t get the position you want don’t get angry," Bill said. "Andrew at quarterback, Troy at wide receiver, Mike at center, Jinx at linebacker, Seth at fullback, Ben at wide receiver, Sam at linebacker, Kent at linebacker, Bret at wide receiver, John at linebacker, Neo tight end, Chris second string running back, Sean second string quarterback and Sean sinse you’re a second string quarterback you’re going to be the kicker too and Lewis at running back.” Some kids grunted from the positions they got but Lewis shouted with delight and everyone looked at him.

"Sorry," he said embarrassedly.

"I’ll see you guys in a few days for another practice," Bill said. Everyone left and Lewis got on his bike and rode to his house.






Chapter 2



Two days later after a long talk with his mom Lewis rode his bike to the Hick Poper's Stadium. He dropped his bike a few feet away from the sideline and ran on the field.

"Hey Lewis," Bill greeted heartily but then put his attention to the rest of the team. "Alright today were going to practice defense so I can see what position to put you guys in".

"Ok," the team said together.

After the team got the football equipment on we made teams.

"Alright make teams and I’ll mostly see for defense so I can put you in a position for it," Bill said. They made seven on seven teams. Chris, Troy, Sean, Sam, Mike, John and Bret against Lewis, Andrew, Neo, Jinx, Kent, Seth and Ben. Bill pulled a quarter from his pocket and flipped it in the air and Chris called heads. The coin landed on the ground and it was tails.

"What do you want Lewis kick or receive ?"Bill asked.

"What do you guys want," Lewis asked turning to his team. Most of the team said receive so he turned back to Bill and answered receive. Both teams split up on different sides of the fields and got ready for the kick-off.

Sean had Mike hold the ball on the ground and he kicked it off. Neo and Jinx were back to receive and Neo caught it. He ran back dodging Sam and Bret before getting tackled at the twenty-three yard line. The team huddled up and waited for Andrew to tell us the play.

"Guys the coach wanted us to do a double reverse pass first so I’m going to give it to Seth and then he's going to give it to Lewis and he can throw it to who ever is open,"Andrew explained.

"Break!" the team shouted together. Everyone lined up and Andrew snapped the ball and pitched it to Seth and Lewis ran toward him and received the handoff. He looked for an open man and he saw Seth running the other way wide open. So he threw the ball to him and he caught it and ran forward. Seth stiff armed Sam and ran for a few more yards and then got tackled for a gain of eight.

"Nice catch," Lewis told Seth as they huddled with the team.

"Thanks," Seth replied.

"Everyone just run slants and Seth and Lewis you block," Andrew said.

The team shouted break and lined up on the line of scrimmage. Andrew hiked the ball and Lewis ran at a blitzer who wasn’t being guarded.Andrew looked around and no one was open so he started scrabbling when he noticed Neo had beat his man by a couple of steps. He threw the ball down deep and the ball was thrown to far so Neo dived for it but missed it by inches. Andrew pounded his fist in his hand and Bill made him cheer up a little when he told him it was all right. The team huddled up again and waited for Andrew to tell the play.

"Sorry Neo that was my bad," Andrew said.

"It's all right man," Neo said with a grin. Andrew told us the play(which was quite confusing)but Lewis lined up anyway. Andrew hiked the ball and Lewis ran deep. He couldn’t get away from Bret so Andrew ended up throwing to Seth for a gain of three yards. After the scrimmage Bill shouted to them and we all came.

"Good scrimmage guys but now its time for your defense positions," Bill said. When he told us are positions Lewis was happy because he liked being safety.

"I got both the positions I wanted," Lewis thought. He cheerfully got on his bike and rode toward his house.






Chapter 3



Lewis woke up from the sound of his alarm clock. He immediately turned the alarm off and sat up. Lewis groaned and lied back down on his bed. Eliza(after hearing his alarm going off) barged into his room and pulled off his covers.

"Go away," Lewis said.

"Mom told me to get you up after your alarm went off because you never get up and so you can help her with some chores she has to do," she said. Lewis sighed and got out of bed. Eliza walked out of his room and he got dressed drowsily. He walked down the stairs and sat down in a chair at the dining room table.

"Good morning honey, what do you want for breakfast this morning?" Lewis’s mom asked.

"Um, some eggs and toast please," he replied. Lewis’s mom started making the food when Eliza walked in the kitchen.

"Lewis are you doing football practice today?" Eliza asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Oh never mind." He rolled his eyes and waited for his food quietly. Lewis’s mom finished with the food and she put it on a plate and gave it to him. He ate his food quickly so he could get away from Eliza and washed his plate. After his chores he told his mom that he was riding his bike down to Hick Poper's Stadium and so he got on his bike and rode down the street to the stadium. When Lewis arrived at Hick Poper's Stadium he got off his bike, locked it up and ran on the field.

"Hey coach," he greeted as he arrived in the huddle with the rest of the team.

"Ok Bret stretch them out and then run one lap around the field," Bill ordered.

"Make a circle around me guys," Bret announced. Lewis made a circle with the team and stretched for a few minutes. He started running around the field with the team and afterward met up with Bill again.

"Today were going to practice recovering fumbles, I know it might sound weird but were practicing becuase most teams have trouble recovering them," Bill said.

"Ok let’s do what the coach says," Andrew said. Bill took the football when everyone was lined up and he threw it on the ground about ten yards away. "Get it."

The whole team ran after the ball pushing each other and knocking each other over Lewis tripped over Seth and fell flat on his face. He quickly got up and started to run after it again but Kent already got it. Lewis hustled over to the sideline to wait for Bill to throw the ball again. After Bill threw the ball a few more times he stopped.

"Good job guys but we still have to practice on that a little more but that will be another time," Bill said. "And guys never be afraid of diving on the ball you have to take it filch it," Bill said as he slammed his fist.

"Yes coach," the team said together.

"You guys scrimmage while I create plays". Lewis and Kent were team captains and they picked out their teams. After the team scrimmaged Bill called the team and we went to the sideline where he was.

"I’ve created some new plays so let’s start practicing them now," he said. They went on the same team as it was in the scrimmage and Bill showed the offensive team the first play he created. The team went to the line of scrimmage and Andrew hiked the ball pump faked to Bret looked the other way and saw Neo cut to the right quickly which made his defender stumble so Andrew shot a pass to Neo and he caught it and ran quickly down field. But then got tackled hard for a gain of fourteen yards.

"Good throw, and catch," Bill cheered from the sideline. After both teams practiced all the plays(which took a while)Bill said they were finished and could go home. Lewis was really exhausted when he got home so he ate a little food and went straight to sleep when he fell on his bed.


Chapter 4


Once Lewis woke up he looked at his football schedule, he saw he didn't have a practice or a game today.

"Damn," Lewis groaned. He got dressed and went downstairs to see Eliza sitting at the dining table.

"Hi twirp," she said through a yawn.

"Why don't you get more sleep?" Lewis asked.

"Because my friends and I are going to the mall early today," she explained. Lewis held back a laugh and got himself some cereal. After Lewis ate he walked outside and took a deep whiff of fresh air. Lewis walked down the block to Sable Stadium to see if anyone was there. When he arrived there he saw a new kid he never saw before passing a ball around with another stranger about his age. When the kids spotted Lewis looking at them they stopped and asked him if he wanted to pass around.

"Sure," Lewis replied. "But first what's your name?"

"Mine is Dante and this is my little brother Zach,what about you?" he said.

"Donte you play football a lot?" Lewis asked.

"Sort of," Dante replied. "We used to play on a team but we moved from that city so we couldn't play anymore".

"Well I play on a team, hey maybe I can talk with the coach so both of you can play on my team if your good enough," Lewis said.

"That's cool," Dante said cheerfully.

"I'll ask him on the next practice but for now let's pass the football around," Lewis said. He shot a quick pass to Dante and he caught it easily They practiced for about an hour before they were totaly wiped out.

"You guys are good," Lewis managed to say through his panting.

"Thanks," they both said modestly.

"I better get going hope to see you playing on our team soon,"Lewis said as he left the stadium. He walked out of the stadium and looked back to see the boys walking the opposite way from the stadium.

The next day Lewis rode his bike over to Sable Stadium for their first game. When he arrived he looked over his opponents. He thought that this game would be a good match.

He saw Dante and Zach in the stands so he waved. They waved back and Lewis ran over to his team. The team put on their uniforms and the shirt read Mountain Lions.

Bill went over the positions again and practiced some plays until the referee blew his whistle. Bill sent Andrew and Seth as team captains and they shook hands with the other team captains and got ready for the coin toss.

"Alright Mountain Lions call it in the air," the referee said and he flipped it in the air.

"Tails," Andrew said aloud. The coin landed on the ground and it was tails. Andrew and Seth agreed on receive and so the Ninjas were kicking off to the Mountain Lions.

The kicker on the Ninjas lined up the ball and kicked it off. Lewis caught the ball and ran forward he faked to the right and went to the left when a defender was coming toward him and the defender fell for the fake and and stumbled to the ground. Lewis ran for about another thirteen yards until he got tackled. The Mountain Lions quickly huddled up and picked a play.

When Andrew called out hike Lewis ran his route and Andrew looked at him and shot the ball his way.Lewis caught the ball and ran forward. He got got grabbed by his legs and he fell to the ground for a gain of thirteen yards.

"Good throw," Lewis said to Andrew as he went to the huddle.

"Thanks," Andrew said and he picked out a play that the Bill wanted. When everyone lined up Andrew hiked the ball and looked for a open receiver. Lewis blocked and saw a defender about to sack Andrew so he ran at the defender and ran him away from Andrew. Andrew then threw the ball and Ben caught it but got hit so hard from the back that he dropped it.

"Tuck those in more quickly Ben," Bill shouted from the sideline. Ben nodded and ran to the huddle.

"Sorry Andrew, it was my bad," Ben said in the huddle.

"That's alright dude just take the coach's advice," Andrew said. "Alright next play I'm giving it to Lewis and he's going to run through the middle,ok."

After the Mountain Lions got out of the huddle they lined up in I formation and when Andrew hiked the ball Lewis shot at the ball through the middle. He spun before he got tackled and jumped when a defender dove for his feet but another defender abruptly tackled him from behind for a gain of twelve yards.

"Nice run Lewis!" Bill shouted from the sideline. Lewis got up dusted himself off with his hands and got ready for the next play.

In the fourth quarter with two minutes left the score was Mountain Lions 17 and Ninjas 21.

"Alright you guys were behind by four points and we just need a touchdown to go home happy ok," Bill said in the two minute warning. The team nodded and the team put their hands together and shouted out Mountain Lions.

When everybody lined up for the kickoff the Ninjas kicked the ball off it was a short kick and Troy got it and ran seven yards before getting tackled.

When the Mountain Lions picked the play they lined up and Andrew snapped the ball. Lewis shot downfield looked back at Andrew and slanted quickly. Andrew saw Lewis open so he shot him the ball. He caught it and ran down the open field. Lewis was ten yards away from the touchdown when a very fast defender caught up to him and hit him from the side really hard sending him out of bounds.

Lewis clenched his stomach from the lose of air from getting hit so hard and Bill ran over.

"You ok Lewis?" Bill asked.

"I couldn't breath," Lewis responded wearily. Bill put Lewis's arm over his head and they walked to the bench.

"Sit here until your ready to come back in again ok," Bill said. Lewis sat on the bench and watched quietly.

The Mountain Lions lined up with Chris playing for his position and Andrew hiked the ball and ran to the side quickly because the Lewis watched as Andrew threw it to Bret,which he received for a touchdown.

"Yeah!" Lewis shouted as he pound his fist in the air but immediately sat back down from the pain on his ribs. At the end of the game the Mountain Lions won 24 to 21. The Mountain Lions celebrated their victory by going to a pizza place where the whole team ate so much they thought they were going to explode. After the pizza Lewis went home feeling good and rejuvinated.


A while later after the season ended the Mountain Lions came in 2nd place out of fifteen teams and everyone got trophies. Much later after his mom could pay off high school and college Lewis went on the Miami Dolphins team where he made a lot of money for his family and for himself so they were no longer poor.


© Copyright 2004 meteorstorm (meteorstorm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/819175-Xtreme-Football