*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/821840-Journaling---Workshop-Notes
Rated: ASR · Article · Reference · #821840
Ideas for Journals
Hello


Welcome to My Journaling Workshop


Let's begin by recognizing the fact that it would be to your best advantage to keep more than one journal.

Okay, if the word Journal scares you and sounds like a writing assignment that you do not have time for, or want to be bothered with; then simply consider your Journals just notebooks.

Journals (notebooks) are tools. Tools that will help you in so many different ways.

My suggestions:

Keep a journal (notebook) beside your bed on your nightstand. If during the night you have a dream that you want to remember - jot a note in your Dream Journal. None of us know when that one all important thought will come to us. Keep a small flashlight, or book-light with your Dream Journal.

Keep a small Journal (notebook) in your purse or brief case (guys~carry a small note pad in your back pocket). In this Journal keep choice tidbits of inspiration: Write down descriptions of people you see each day. (while on your lunch break, waiting in traffic, while having tea or coffee in a cafe) Get the picture in words! Profile the people that you see on your journey through this life.

Next keep a list of words, slang, or expressions that catch your attention in your Pocket Journal. Write it down! It may prove to be an invaluable resource later.

Jot down candid quotes and one-liners in your Pocket Journal too.

As writers we need to build our own personal inventory of supplies. As an Inventory Manager or Stock Clerk it is your responsibility to keep your store room supplied with fresh inventory. We stock our shelves with ideas contained in the pages of our Journals/Notebooks.

It is perfectly acceptable to transfer some or all of the information contained in your Pocket Journal to a main Journal or notebook at home, or transfer information to your Writing.com site Journal in your portfolio. Every receipt that I receive from any company usually comes in triplicate.

Journaling on Writing.Com is to be considered part of the whole. Nothing will ever totally replace the value of a pen and ink journal. Even with all the wireless technology that exists today, never think that your pen and ink journal is obsolete.

At the very least, promise yourself between 5 and 15 minutes a day to write in one of your journals.

Sincerely
© Copyright 2004 The Critic (thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/821840-Journaling---Workshop-Notes