*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/822502-Not-Yet-Ready-for-Prime-Space-Writing
Rated: E · Sample · Experience · #822502
getting used to writing.com & authoring a work other than a letter to my mother-in-law!
How to begin? I talk an awful lot. Stories, like songs, jump into my mind with just the slightest nudge. Speaking is easy for me, even if I do ramble from topic to topic. But writing? Rambling's not a good idea. Where is the organization muse when I need her? Ideas run every which way. Giving them a semblance of order is a skill in need of practice.

But to get that far, there must be an understanding of the technical skills for using the pc. This is a big change from learning how not to create blots from an inkpen, which, up til now, has been the hardest technical skill I've learned! Figuring out how to use an emoticon and all those other ML tags as well as actually write out thoughts can make my head spin. I'm always a bit worried that I'll try something and not only will I lose what I write, I'll also crash the site. For example, the Edit Points: I did click "save & edit", but since my work's in progress and I'm editing it as I go along, will I still be subject to, aahh, I think I actually got it. EPS are used only if I click them on...but what about brackets...and, oh, you name it...? Eventually it will all make sense, I'm sure.

I love to write, literally, that is. Watching the flow of words drip off a pen or keyboard fascinates me; the shape of each letter and how it relates to vision and sound is a wonder that never gets old. All those wonderful fonts just waiting to see, oops, to be seen. And colors, too. Doesn't writing on a computer seem a bit magical to you? It does to me. Which is probably why I approach it gingerly... and now a thought is wandering into mind. Okay, here it is: Is using the marvels of the computer including speed, spell check, and emoticons new and modern or hieroglyphically ancient? What is that saying? "What goes round comes round"?



© Copyright 2004 grandmapat (grandmapat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/822502-Not-Yet-Ready-for-Prime-Space-Writing