*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/826623-Sudden-Death
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Death · #826623
When we die how long before we know it?
Sudden Death

It was dark when I was brought here. I’m not sure where I am. I can hear screams coming from all around me. Death sounding screams souls crying for mercy. It came at me like a shadow watching me squirm and shake. It seemed like hours, maybe days. Then it jerked me up by the hair and held me there feet dangling to touch the floor. With its other hand it spins me around and around and then there was darkness.

When I woke I was in a room with others being kept against their will.

They were on their knees at the other side of the room. I could hear them whispering but couldn’t make out what they were saying. I slowly moved closer to them to see what they were doing. I was grabbed by the arm and pulled down to the floor a sewing needle threaded with long hair was pushed in my hand. I took it between my fingers and began to stitch what look like human skin into a quilt.

My fingers were so slick with blood, holding the needle was difficult.

"How long have you been here?" No one answered. They just continued sewing and whispering. "Where are we?" Still no one answered. I want to go home I thought to myself.

"God help me" I spoke it out loud.
God they all mocked at once.
Where do you think you are?
© Copyright 2004 pen2paper (thicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/826623-Sudden-Death