*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/827861-Its-nothing-Big
Rated: · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #827861
Depending on your experience some things just ain't big.
The memory still remains, me falling with the waterfall back at my old home, the crisp water and the atmosphere of the joy. The green leaves trickled water, I would swim for hour and hours, until I was a wrinkled old man. Then later scarf down food like a pig to replenish my body. I look back and smile, and then I wonder, wonder where it all went wrong. God if I only had another chance, if I could only go back and change things, I would. For now, I can’t I just have to accept things the way they are, for now, I’m in no power, well, not in the highest power anyways.

Felpome lies in his bed, trying so dearly to fall into a deep sleep; his cloudy and uneasy mind wonders into the abyss. He tosses and turns, when suddenly a loud noise rumbles at his door.

“Who goes there?”
“It is I Helmpa, Oh master! There has been a great disaster!” Helmpa without any hesitation says. An unusual sentence, it somewhat rhymes, thought Felpome, Helmpa that prankster.

“We need your guidance O-great-majesty!” squeals Helmpa as if he’s in distress.
“What now?” Sigh’s Felpome. “Did they make a wrong move in a Chess game?”

Chess, Chess was the reason Felpome couldn’t sleep; he thought about it with every breath. As well, everyone knew that he was a great Chess master and that he always had Chess on his mind. He was undefeatable.

Felpome slowly walks toward the rapture, and with a great yawn rattles the lock off and the squeaky wooded door pried open.

“Yes?”
“We were wondering would it be best to castle early or late in the game.”
“What!?”

Helmpa chuckles aloud, “No I’m kidding, it’s nothing too serious; we just needed you because there has been a murder, it’s nothing big.”
“Oh well in that case if it’s not big! Get someone useless to handle it!!” Felpome slams the door in Helmpa’s face. He furiously locks the door and jumps back in bed.

Felpome now lying on his bed taking a moment or two to gather his composure cracked a smirk, and began to laugh. “I love it! . . . In Hell nothing is ever big!!” His eyes turned bloodshot and his laughter roared like thunder, it was the kind of laughter that sends chills down from the top of your spine right to the tailbone. It did exactly that to Helmpa as heard it while walking down the stairs from Felpome’s lair. He stopped in his tracks and screamed in agony. Trickery and power it was.

One day later.

The Doctors shrugged and one patted Felpome on the thigh while he cried from his ghastly pain. “It’s only a minor paralyze, it shouldn’t last more than hundred . . . to two hundred years” one Doc told him. Then another shrugged and with a wicked crack on coming across his lips and he bursted into laughter “it’s nothing big Aha ha-ha!-ha!!” And while the paralyzed, motionless Felpome lied in that flimsy bed all who were in that room laughed at him and they laughed and laughed.
© Copyright 2004 Gravitybytes (2sloow2know at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/827861-Its-nothing-Big