*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/829395-The-Perfect-Killer-Part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Mystery · #829395
The continuationg of the greatest mystery of the current era.
[This is beginning with Chapter 12. Review please!]

**Chapter 12**
The motionless body, that was Emily, hung from the ceiling, ever so quietly. Michael could not believe it. The one person he suspected the most had been killed. Over the course of the last week, five people have died much to Michael's dismay.

"I can't believe this," Michael said at last.

"What?" Ashley asked, walking over to him.

"I can't believe that Emily...The most wanted women in the entire state is here in front of us...dead. She probably killed herself because she didn't want to be caught and sentenced to death. No, she took the easy way out," he rambled.

"How are we sure she committed suicide?" Ashley walked over to Emily's body, examining it closely.

"Lets see Ashley...It all goes back to Miriam's death. She hated Miriam with a passion, so she killed her. Then when she knew that Brian told the police that he named her missing after the concert, to say she is the killer. So she killed him as well. And once she knew how much she was wanted, she brought herself back here to kill herself because she thought no one would dare find her here," Michael looked at her pleadingly.

"Those are very valid reasons. Except..."

"Except what?" He snapped.

"Except what would be the motive for killing your sister and her boyfriend," She backed away from the decaying body.

"I don't know," Michael looked down at the ground.

Michael looked up again, watching Emily dangling and spinning around slowly. He noticed something rather peculiar about her. Not that she was dead or decaying, but something attached to the rope made Michael get up and walk over to her.

"What is this," He said with growing enthusiasm.

"What is what?" She remarked.

Michael took out a latex glove from his pocket and put it on his right arm. Extending his arm to full length, he plucked something from the confines of the tighten woven rope. He anazyled it carefully, feeling Ashley looking over his shoulder.

"This is a piece of cloth. It looks like from a black dress suit, very high quality," Michael engulfed himself back into the case.

"Let me see that!" Ashley exclaimed, grabbing it out of his hand.

"What are you doing?!" Michael threw up his arms in rage. "You now have your fingerprints on evidence"

"Whoops, I am sorry Michael, if I would have known it was evidence I would have asked to see it from your hands," Ashley backed away.

Michael's mood went from intrigued to anger. He turned around and punched the wall with all his might, causing a searing pain to run up Michael's arm. Letting out a shrill of pain, he braced his arm against his stomach. Ashley stood there in awe.

"Michael.." She began.

"Don't say anything. Let's go," He turned on his heel and walked out of the room.

"But what are we going to do about Emily?" She asked, following him.

"I'll notify the authorities," he said, with a hiss of pain after each word.

Both of them walked out of the Reynold's hall. Michael's arm was now turning purple and black he was glad that he wasn't driving.

During the car ride home, Ashley nor Michael said anything. Michael couldn't understand why Ashley would ruin perfectly good evidence. This might free Emily of any and all suspicions. He was also sure that Ashley wouldn't betray him after all they've been through together. They made a pit stop at Michael's house to bandage his arm, which was so discolored that it looked broken. After fifty minutes after they left the concert hall, they both arrived at the police station to see the Chief-commanding officer about Emily.

"Come in," the Chief bellowed.

Michael and Ashley walked into the very small and cramped office, followed by two police officers. Stacks of papers filled the tiny room, along with filing cabinets in every corner of the room. And in the center of it all was a tiny desk, where a tall man sat, doing paperwork.

"Chief Rick, these two claim to talk to you about the serial killer," One officer said.

"They do, do they?" He looked up, eyeing them carefully.

"Yes," began Michael. "We have found the primary suspect dead,"

"You don't say," the Chief looked tensed.

"Er..Yes we found her hanging from the ceiling at the Reynold's concert hall, in one of the dressing rooms," Ashley could sense Michael was nervous talking to this guy.

"And, who may I ask, are you two?" He questioned.

"I am Michael Leahcim and my friend, Ashley. My sister was one of the..." Michael scratched the back of his head.

The Chief chuckled. "Of course I know who you are," standing up to shake both of their hands and have them sit down infront of him. "What news do you have for me?"

"Well," Michael was starting, til Ashley took over. " We just found her hanging. Obviously by the work of the killer."

"And why would the killer kill the killer?" Chief Rick asked, confused and bewildered at Ashley's statement.

"Because Emily is not the Fullsville Serial Killer," Michael said, shocking not only Ashley, but the Chief.

"How can she not be? All the evidence points to her," Rick laid back in his chair, his arms folded.

"Thats what I thought until we found this. Ashley take out the cloth from your pocket," Michael nudged her.

She pulled out the small, black cloth from her pocket and gave it to Rick.

"We found this attached to the nuise on Emily. Look at the threads carefully. They are torn and Emily wasn't wearing a black suit either. Obviously the killer was in a hurry, tied up Emily and a piece of her coat, tugged at it, and tore off that piece," he explained.

The Chief look deep in thought, turing the piece of fabric over and over again. He touched the intercom button on his desk.

"Sally, have five officers head over to the Reynold's concert hall and have them search the entire place, especially the dressing rooms. That is all," He voiced into the staticky intercom.

The Chief looked up at the two again.

"I am sorry we can't conversate more, but I bave a lot of work I have to do concerning this case. You know your way out," He said, continuing with his paper work.

Michael and Ashley walked out into the now darkening sky. Walking to the parking lot, a bright yellow beam crossed their vision. Something bright was headed their way at a high speed. Noticing it was a car, Michael panicked, as the lights came ever so closer...

**Chapter 13**
Narrowly dodging the car, Michael realized that it was his car. Furious and outraged, he started chasing , only to find Ashley grabbing him and restraining him.

"What the hell are you doing?" Michael yelled.

"Saving your life!" Ashley pushed him over to the sidewalk.

The car stopped dead in its tracks. The sound of the ignition turned off. Out of the car walked, to Michael's amazement, the nurse from the hospital.

"Im sorry to have almost hit you," she said with a girly tone.

"What the hell were you thinking? Why are you in my car?" Michael grabbed ahold of her.

"Well..you see.." the nurse looked nervice.

Ashley now walked between them and stared at the nurse with daggers shooting out of her eyes. Ashley shoved her away from Michael.

"Who are you?" Ashley asked.

"I am Marie. I work at the hospital. Why?" Marie looked taken aback from this whole scenario.

"Why did you take his car?" Ashley's voice grew more serious toned.

"Well I saw the car and found the keys still in the ignition,"-Ashley glared at Michael-"and decided to see who's car it was. So I took it for a drive around the parking lot, incase someone spotted it," Marie explained.

"Thats the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard," Ashley was now towering over Marie.

"But I," Marie tried to let out, but was stopped when Ashley punched her right in the nose.-Michael, being a guy, found this very enticing.-

Marie fell to the ground holding her now bloody nose. Ashley stood over her.

"Don't ever try that again," Ashley screamed, pointing at her.

Both Michael and Ashley got walked over to the car and get in it. Michael decided to take over the driving, since Ashley was apparently in a bad mood.

They sped away from the police station and were now traveling back to Michael's house. Michael's day had been very eventful, but very tiring. He was still a little shakened up from the loss of Brian the previous night. They reached his house in record timing.

"Hey Michael," Ashley asked as they went through the door.

"Yea," a faint response was heard as Michael rushed to the kitchen.

"I have a favor to ask you. Well since I am moved from New York just last night. I wanted to know if I can possibly stay at your place, as a roommate?" Ashley hesistated asking, as she appeared in the kitchen entrance.

"I guess so. It gets pretty lonely here anyway."

"Great," Ashley exclaimed, giving Michael a hug.

After making themselves a meal, both of them made their way into the living room and sat on the couch. Michael grabbed the remote and turned on the television to the news. It seemed as though that is what Michael has been hooked onto watching it.

Gails of wind rapped against the windows, making extremely loud noises. All of a sudden, Ashley got up and walked up the curtains covering the window. She pulled back the curtains and sighed loudly. Very confused, Michael got up and walked over to her, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"I can't believe this is happening. I just want it to go away. Let it be a dream," she said.

"I understand. I..," he began.

"No you don't!" She brushed his hand off her shoulder to face him. "You have no idea how much pain I am in. You know I thought coming down here would be so much fun, to try and capture this maniac. But its not. It's so scary because all the time you are thinking, 'I could be next to die'."

Ashley turned around from him. Michael had no idea what to say to this.

"How am I supposed to make this more fun?"

"Like this," Ashley said turing around and planting her lips on him.

Pools of emotions went through Michael's mind as Ashley's warm lips locked with his. He felt the emotions were right and put his hands around her waist, as she put her hands around his posterier.

This moment of passion last for a good solid ten minutes. Finally releasing their hold upon one another, they looked into each other's eyes. Michael had a large smile upon his face.

"Was that fun?" He said sudductively.

"Yes, very," Ashley turned around and proceeded to the stairs.

Michael watched her asend the stairs,the whole time thinking, 'I think I am in love with Ashley'.

**Chapter 14**
Michael spent most of the night looking through an album of when Brian and him were kids. Page by page brought back meaningful memories of their childhood. It almost brought him to crying as he now entered the college and beyond years. Knowing he would never see Brian again still rattled his bones.

"No one can replace him," he said aloud. "Why did you have to go?"

"Michael," Ashley's voice echoed through the hallway as she entered the living room. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I can't sleep. Images of Brian keep flashing through my mind. So I started looking through my old album. It brings back so many good memories."

Ashley sat down beside him, looking over his shoulder at the many pictures. She started to tear up.

Brian's illustrious smile graced the forty page book. There was only one picture he wasn't smiling, as Michael turned to the very last page. It was Brian lying dead at the hospital.

This particular picture was very undesireable to look at, yet it had so much meaning. Ashley viscously grabbed the book from Michael. He looked at her, confused.

She stood up and started walking around, her eyes never left that page. All of a sudden, she dropped the book and bent down. Michael instantly arose from the couch. He couldn't see Ashley's face as it was hidden behind her hair, obviously sobbing.

"Ashley, whats wrong," Michael acted concerned as he walked slowly towards her.

"I can't believe what has happened to us," she mumbled out. "We have lead everyone to death."

Michael bent down next to her and put his hand over her shoulder.

"Don't touch me," Ashley threw his arm off of her shoulder.

She got up and ran off, up the stairs.

Michael rushed to the phone to dial the police. He was patched through to an operator.

"Yes, this is Michael Leahcim, I need a few watch guards to surround my house. I feel one of my friends is going off the deep end and I don't want her to leave the area. Thank you."

He hung up the phone, now waiting. He laid on the couch thinking more and more. It seemed like thoughts were coarsing through his mind constantly. Images of death surrounded his mind.

The room grew dead silent, except for the faint cry heard from upstairs by Ashley.

A knock, coming from the front door, ceased the silence. It startled Michael, but he regained composure. Getting up from the couch, he moved toward the door. The sound of his feet echoed off the cathedral ceilings. Closer and closer he came to the door, still tapping.

"Who would be here this late at night?" He said aloud.

Michael finally reached the the door. He grasped the knob and turned it slowly. The angle of the door opening increased with each passing second. The first thing Michael saw was a gloved hand. He swung the door open and what stood infront of him was a police officer.

"Good evening," The police officer began.

"Can I help you officer," replyed Michael.

"I have been given orders by the Chief of the Fullvsville PD to act as a secruity guard for you."

"Oh..uh...hello then. I am Michael," Michael extended his hand.

"Yes I know," the officer chuckled, shaking his hand, "My name is officer Matt. I will be surveying your house for twenty-four hours."

"Thank you Matt," Michael closed the door as gently as he opened it.

'It was definetly a windy and mysterious night. The moon was full. I now have a secruity guard..what next?' he thought to himself.

Deciding that it was time for bed, being 12:45 A.M., Michael dragged his body upstairs. It felt so great to be back in his house, in his bedroom.

Ashley, now fast asleep, was scrunched up in a little ball under Michael's covers. Michael really didn't see any harm in it, so he undressed into his boxers and a t-shirt and crawled into bed. Right before drifting off to sleep, Michael could have sworn he felt Ashley's grip on his arm.

**Chapter 15**
Lighting the entire room, the sun poked its face right into Michael. He stirred and slowly arosed and checked to see what time it was. It was 9:24 in the morning. He reached over to wake up Ashley when he noticed something was wrong. She was no where to be found.

The sheets were ruffled at the end of the bed, where she had obviously gotton up. He jumped out of bed and pulled on some tight running shorts and went down stairs.

He checked the kitchen, no sign of her. He did, however, find a note on the counter. It read:

"Dear Michael,
I have gone out to the store. There was nothing left to eat. I hope you didn't mind that I used your car. I will be back soon. Hope you slept well.
-Ash"

Only taking a moment to relax and calm down, Michael made his way to the refrigerator, where in fact, there wasn't anything to eat.

Michael decided to rest in the living room until Ashley brought back food. His feet dragged behind him as he scratched his un-shavened chin. He didn't look to where he was going until he stept into a liquid on the floor. He looked down. His eyes widened to three times their normal size.

Blood had covered the floor. It wasn't dry yet. The blood didn't end their, as Michael noticed. It traveled in a straight line to the downstairs bathroom. He followed it to the door. All the time thinking, 'what the hell would blood be doing on my floor. Maybe Ashley cut herself badly and ran to the bathroom?'

He turned the knob of the door and opened it with ease. He stepped back, gasping for breath as he say what had happened.

"Oh my god!" he yelled out.

Matt, the police officer, hanged from the shower rod. He was dead. Michael couldn't believe this.

To make matters worse, Matt's hand had been sliced off. The hand itself rested in the sink. Michael could smell the decay already. He placed his hands ontop of his head.

"This is insane! Why me," He said to himself.

"Why you...I will tell you," a voice from behind him said.

Michael turned around and gasped at the sight of the most evil person in Fullsville.

**Chapter 16**
A hand slapped Michael acrossed the floor, his head hitting the wall leading to the kitchen. The figure, in all black, glidded across the floor as if it didn't have legs. Michael slowly arose from to come face to face with the person. The person had on a white Jason-like mask, but it wasn't a hockey mask.

Michael soon felt a sharp pain as the person tripped him, sending him flat on his back. The figure cackled like a madman. The figure pulled out some rope from its rope and tied Michael's hands and feet togeter.

"Now you will finally die. I have had enough of you. I have tried to kill you so many times. I have tried to destroy you mentally," The figure stood over Michael. "But you just won't give up. You are so persistant in figuring out who I am. But you see..You will find out soon enough. Like every person that has died, I have shown my face to them and then killed them. It is kind of a ritual."

Michael wiggled and tried to free himself to no avail. His life flashed through his eyes as certain Death approached. Death seemed to loom over Michael like a dark cloud about to dump percipation.

The killer tugged at the mask and Michael could see the chin. The mask almost reached the mouth when a large banging noise came from the front door. The killer pulled its mask down and walked over to the door. This was Michael's chance to free himself. All he could do is squirm around and hope madam friction worked to his advantage. The banging sound did not cease until the gloved hand of the killer unlocked the door. A shrill of sreams began as the killer pulled the person in and locked the door behind them.

The women, Michael recognized as his neighbor Chelsi, was carrying a measuring cup and still screaming her lungs out.

"Get down beside him" the killer demanded.

Chelsi did as she was told and knelt beside Michael. The killer perceeded to kick its hardest right into the sternum of Chelsi. Michael became outraged and tugged with all his might. A snap sounded and he was free from his bondage. Michael got up and caught the killer by surprise and jumped ontop of it.

Punch after punch Michael threw, connecting on all occasions except one. The killer took the missed punch as an opening. It kicked Michael right in the pelvic region. Sharp pains went from Michael's nerves to his brain. The killer got up and grabbed Michael by the throat. IT lifted him up and slammed him into a wall. The force of Michael hitting the wall caused a painting to fall ontop him.

The paintings weight was crushing Michael and the killer wasn't helping by standing ontop it.

All the while, Chelsi had her head covered, daring not to look at the ensuing battle.

Michael found an opening and thrusted his foot into the back of the killer's shin, sending the killer to the floor. Michael slid under the painting, breathing heavy. He knew he was internally bleeding, but didn't care. He wanted to end this. Michael sluggishly walked over to where the killer was bracing its shin. Michael found a detachable broomstick near by. He unscrewed the broom part and took the stick.

With the equalizer in hand, Michael held the stick high in the air and sent it crasing down onto the killer's leg, nearly immobilizing it. The killer let out a loud scream of pain. Michael hovered over the killer and slowly peeled off the mask to reveal what he has been waiting to see since the night of his sister's killing.

Mermories went through his mind as part by part the mask was coming off. He thought about Virginia, her boyfriend, Miriam, Brian, Emily, and even the policeman Matt. All six victims of the Fullsville Serial Killer. With one final burst of anticpation Michael ripped off the mask and stood back as the true killer's identity was now shown. Though in much pain, the killer forged a diabolical smirk.

**Chapter 17**
The mask slipped through Michael's hands as Ashley stood before him. She untied her hair to let it fall to her shoulders and continued her approach to him. She grabbed Michael by the throat and slammed him against the wall.

"Michael, it is time you met your end. I have been waiting so long to do this to you," she said, pulling out a long switchblade from her black belt buckle.

"But...why?" Michael screamed out.

This confused Ashley for a mere second until she regained her composure.

"Why I chose to kill? That is very easy, but very complicated to understand. Michael you of all people," she tightened her grip, "should know that I am not a very stable person. I haven't been since you first got to know me. I have had always wanted to end your life and those around us."

Michael could feel that he was losing oxygen and his sight was starting to go blurry. He could hear Ashley talking, but couldn't really see her. She was covered in all black, none-the-less.

"Why..though," Michael's voice sounded distorted from the choking. "Why did you kill all those people."

Ashley released her grip and shoved him to the floor. He could faintly see her walking to the otherside of the room. She kicked Chelsi in the gut for good measure and picked up the other piece of rope. She came back hasitly and statred to tie him up again.

"You really want to know why? I will tell you, just like I have told every other creep that I have murdered. It is because I have felt inferior for so long and now I have taken a chance to end that. You and Brian have always kept me down. Made me feel lower than you because I am a female. Well look who is laughing now. You might think you are all macho and strong. But look at you now. You are nothing but a wortless piece of crap."

With all the frustration in her body, Ashley began stomping her hardest onto Michael's face. Michael could feel the pain of a steel toed boot jamming against his skull with the force of ninety-nine bison. This attempt was cut short as something came at Ashley with a charge, knocking her into an end table. Michael couldn't make out what was going on. He was barely conscience.

He looked up and squinted to see what had happened. Apparently Chelsi had freed herself and was now punching the hell out of the serial killer. He heard her speak inbetween punches.

"You..no good..vile..murderer," Chelsi kept repeating.

Ashley grabbed Chelsi's shirt threw her off of her. She took the blade and stabbed her right in the heart. Chelsi screamed in agony as she fell to the floor, holding her heart closely. Ashley arose and stood over Michael.

"Now that she is out of the way. Michael Leahcim, you are about to meet your maker. I have been waiting many years to finally kill you," she chuckled evily.

Ashley raised the bloody switchblade high in the air. Michael's whole life flashed before his eyes, until...

**Chapter 18**
Ashley positioned the blade, dripping blood from Chelsi, over Michael's heart. Michael's own heart was running a million miles an hour.

"Ashley! Wait!," Michael screamed, holding his hands over him.

This stopped her. A cold, dead silence passed for a few seconds until Ashley's voice, though hoarse, sounded. "What?"

"You can't do this. I am Michael, your friend. I have known you since middle school. Look at yourself. How have you become such a murder in such short time? This is not the Ashley I know and love!"

Ashley's eyes widened. What would she say to this. He just told her that he loved her. She looked absolutly puzzled, while still standing over him. She recoiled with a most venomous smirk upon her.

"How did I know," she hissed. "I have always known you had a kind of crush on me. But that still doesn't help the matter. You have stood in my way far too long. And now you will have to pay the ultimate sacrifice. With your life!"

She rose the switchblade high in the air, but froze again. Michael never kept his eye off the blade and her eyes. The eyes that entrapped him ever since he first met her. They have now turned poisonous and evil.

"I almost forgot," she said with a tone of sarcasim in her voice. Ashley sat onto of Michael's chest and grabbed his shirt to pull him closer. She planted a long kiss on Michael's nervous lips. For one split second it felt enjoyable. Michael freed a hand put it on hers. Without any warning, he knocked the switchblade out of her hands, sending it spiraling to the ground.

"Why you!" Ashley screamed, finally pulling away. She socked him acrossed the face. Micahel was still concious, but his vision was blurry. He vaguely saw her get up, heading in direction of the knife, he assumed. She didn't make it far, though, as Michael's powerful legs protruded in front of her's, tripping her.

Throughly outraged, Ashley grabbed a near by lamp pole and smashed it against his sides. It seemed Michael's body went into shock, as he lied motionless. Pain thriving throughout his body.

Ashley again freed her self in direction of the knife. She picked it up with a laugh of triumph. She began laughing maniacally as she stared, transfixed, upon the blade.

Her movements did not work towards her, though. As she continued her euphoric transe and stepping backwards to face Michael, Ashley stumbled and fell over the now dead Chelsi's body. Her head fell upon a wooden end table, chipping parts of it.

Michael slowly got to his feet, still blurry-eyed. He saw Ashley knocked unconcious, with blood oozing from her dark hair.

'What do I do?', Michael thought to himself. Chelsi sat there, dead.

Michael decided to try and pull Chelsi over against the wall, as to not block the hall. He could tell she had died from loss of blood, as it seept all over his hands. Chelsi's dead weight was a lot for Michael to withstand, even if her weight was only 135 pounds. He propped her up against the wall near the front door. Michael couldn't take his eyes off the major gash where the switchblade had pierced her skin. In fact, blood was still spewing out of her decaying heart. His eyes started to tear, yet he was also filling with rage at the site of his long time neighbor ceased. What was he to do?

**Chapter 19**
Morning had now gone and the afternoon set in. The lonly silence of Michael's house was interrupted with his own weeping. Michael arose from Chelsi's side and stared into the hallway. Nobody was there. Ashley had vanished. He quickly looked for a trail of blood that might lead him to find her. But there had been no trail left behind. The chipped end table lay in the same position when Ashley hit her head against it.

He walked along the hallway, ever so quietly, peering into the kitchen and living room, to see if she was hiding. Nobody.. Michael became suddenly afraid that she had escaped through a window and was now on the streets. A cold blooded serial killer on the loose frightened Michael. He stepped over to the phone in the kitchen. Perhaps he could call the police and they could alerted.

'But wait,' Michael thought to himself, haning the phone back on the receiver. 'What if they think I killed Chelsi? What would happen if they found Matt hanging in the closet? What if they convict me of first degree murder? I could be sent to jail..or worse.'

He was now in a definite perdicament. If he called the police there would be a chance that they wouldn't believe him. But if they did believe him, they could be searching for Ashley.

Michael decided to not phone the athorites. He walked back into the main hall to check on the already dead Chelsi. She hadn't moved an inch.

The house was quiet. There was absolutly no noise coming from any place. Its eerie silence creeped Michael out. This sort of silence made Michael think to himself. He started thinking about last night. It had only been last night that he convinced himself that he was in love with Ashley. Now that she has confessed that she is the killer, he couldn't imagine loving her. Especially since she tried to kill him on many occasions.

A lightbulb inside Michael's head turned on. He remembered when they searched the concert hall and he was narrowly hit by that large sand bag. He now knew who tried to hit him. It was her. How else could it have explained how long it took her to reach him.

He paced back in forth trying to remember all of the things that have happened that could have been linked to Ashley. He faced the door as he was thinking about how Ashley had acted to seeing the late Brian's picture. Michael dwelled upon it for a long time. He scratched his unshaven chin. A glimpse of something caught his eye. It was in the mirror. He looked at more closly as the black glove jammed itself against Michael's throat leaving Michael gasping.

**Chapter 20**
The hand's grip tightened itself around Michael's neck. He saw no sign that it would release itself. The world around him began to go dark and dreary. Life flashed before his eyes. In fact his eyes began to glaze over with loss of oxygen.

"Die! Why won't you just die?!" The cold voice of Ashley hissed.

Michael faught to survive. He moved himself, with Ashley's hand still hanging on to him, to the the mirror. He planted his face against the cold surface. Michael saw Ashley's face in the reflection. Hey icy eyes seemed to pierce right through him.

"Michael, You can't survive me anymore. I will suffocate you!"

The sense of his house seemed to be far away from him. With no energy to fight off Ashley, Michael began reminising of his childhood. He saw himself at school with Ashley and Brian. He saw how he ate lunch with them everyday. All of the good times they shared seemed to be of the past as Ashley wouldn't release her grip. A sharp pain in Michael's throat brought him back from his childhood.

Michael began to falter. He dropped to one knee. The pain was so overwhelming for him. He just wanted to die right there if it meant that the pain would cease.

Rain began to fall outside of Michael's house. Darkness crept into the hallway. The sun was obviously covered and no lights were on in the home. But Ashley's persistant attempts to suffocate her long time best friend seemed unavoidable now. In a shocking turn of events, Ashley released her grip with force, driving Michael to the floor.

Michael clutched his throat, trying to suck in as much oxygen as he could. He couldn't tell where Ashley was, but it didn't matter to him as long as he could breath.

"Your a persistant one," Ashley's voice seemed far away. "Perhaps, now, you will die."

Her voice seemed to come ever so closer to his limp body. Michael rolled over to see her menacing face. Then he noticed something in her right hand. It's long wooden handle rested on her shoulder as he glazed at the top. He reconized it at once. It was a sledgehammer.

"Michael," She began, holding the sledgehammer with both of her hands above her head. "I just want you to know one thing before I kill you. I love you!"

But before Michael could process anything that she said, she drove the hammer right ontop of Michael's head. Michael's senses ended in an instant. He laid motionless...dead.

**Sometime Later**
Police arrived three hours after Michael died. A neighbor had heard some kind of commotion coming from within the house. Police officers busted down the doors after no one answered. They of course found Michael dead in the middle of hallway. A pool of blood laid beside his head. They found Chelsi not to far from him, bleeding from the side. No one found Matt until the next owner bought Michael's house.

Due to the mystery of this case, the media jumped all over the story. Police officals deemed the case suicidal, as Michael had been called crazy and unpredictable by the Chief of the Police department. The serial killer case was also deemed closed as they thought Michael was the primary topic.

The funeral was held about two monthes after Michael's death. Michael's surviving family were in attendance, along with a large crowd of people, including many from the Fullsville orchestra. Elizabeth Noxid gave the euology, as she was the only one who knew enough about Michael to give one. A twenty-one gun solute was given in his memory. Rain had begun to fall on this dark day, much like the day of the final killing.

Benounced to the officers, the Fullsville Serial killer, dawned in all black with a trenchcoat and dark glasses, watched the funeral progression. No one would ever know the whole story. No one would understand the story. But it was her story. Her story of killing off many great citizens of an unsuspecting society and getting away with it.

The rain fell harder and the crowd dispersed to their cars. Ashley, on the other hand, opened up her umbrella and went up to the Michael's tombstone. She placed a red rose next to it. She paid her last respects as she turned around and began her journey through the graveyard.

The End



© Copyright 2004 Darklord (darklord at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/829395-The-Perfect-Killer-Part-2