*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/833770-A-Mortal-Love
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Supernatural · #833770
This entry won an Honerable Mention in the Romancing The Vampire Contest!
A Mortal Love



         Silently, he pushed open the door to the darkened bedroom and approached the woman lying in innocent repose. His ice blue eyes, shimmering in the moonlight, took in her ethereal beauty, and hardened in regret. The coldness of his gaze slowly melted as he watched the rise and fall of the silk sheet that encircled her as she breathed. The empty space next to her reminded him of his pain, and he closed those brilliant eyes against the memories that engulfed him.



         With a soft sigh, she turned toward him, whispering the name she remembered, her lovely arms outstretched in invitation. He knew her dreams, knew she was only acting upon memories that tortured her slumber. Visions of a life long past.



         He had to leave, now, before she became aware of the shadow that shared her haven. Guilt, layered with longing, finally guided his steps.

Softly, lovingly, he brushed back the raven lock that fell across her face, and as he did, her eyes flew open.



         The sheet fell away as she sat up, her feline amber eyes wide, and to his horror, filled with pain. He had expected fear. Not pain. Never had he intended to cause her pain.



         She stared at him, her rosebud mouth slightly open as she hitched in her breath. She wanted to scream, to rage at him for leaving her.



         He held out his hand. After a moment's hesitation where her eyes never left his face, she placed her slim hand in his. She fought the urge to recoil at the coldness of his skin, and rose from the bed.



         " Do you know what I am?" His voice low pitched, different from what she knew.



         " Why did you not come to me when it happened?" She demanded in answer. He pulled her against him, sighing in pleasure of the feeling of holding her again.



         " It is not a blessing." He confessed softly. She pulled away slightly, looking up into his face.



         " Then kill me."



         He stared at her in shock. " Do not ask this of me."



         " If you will not make me what you are, have mercy upon my heart and kill me!" Tears rose in her incredible eyes, clutching at his heart. "To be with you forever would be a blessing. The only curse is being away from you."



         He groaned, pushing her back onto the bed." I will not! I would never hurt you, I promised you before."



         Through the open window, the moonlight streamed through. Her eyes, wet with unshed tears, cast an eerie glow upon her face.



         " You broke your promise when you left me, can you not see my pain? Is your nature so changed that you would laugh at my heartache?"



         " It is a curse." He wanted her to understand, to know that he would never put her through what he had become. Even if it meant never being with her again.



         " Then curse me as well." She pleaded with him, lifting up her heavy locks and exposing her slender neck. He took a step away, intent on escaping, however, the sight of her creamy flesh awoke the passion of his beastly nature.



         The gray streaks of dawn began to lighten the sky when he carried her away, to the forest where he had made his home. Now their home. Which is how it was meant to be. He had been cursed with an immortal life, never understanding that her love was immortal. There were no limits within their hearts. Now, heart and body would love forever in this world, while their souls soared freely, forever bound.











© Copyright 2004 Adara in Wonderland (adara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/833770-A-Mortal-Love