*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/834006-The-Haunted-Harbor
by Kevin
Rated: E · Short Story · Ghost · #834006
Meggie goes on vacation! What she finds will aston her.

The Haunted Harbor

"Hey mom", said Meggie. "Where are we going to vacation this time." "Were going to a nice little hotel by a harbor called Blue Belly inn!" "But the harbor is called Old Mans Hideout", said mom. "Cool!"

"We better get going Meggie,its a long way",said her dad. "ok." They arrived at Blue Belly Inn five hours later. Ding ding! Ding ding! Mom was ringing the little bell on the counter.

"No ones here",said dad finally."I guess we better find a room for the night." The hotel was dark and gloomy. But worst of all, there were spiders everwhere. "Ew", said Meggie.

"Man, it looks like this place has been abandoned for years" said dad. "We better find rooms for the night"

The next morning Meggie and her father went exploring while there mother unpacked. "This place sure is beautiful during the day", said Meggie. "Hey Meggie", said dad. "Do you want to go scubbadiving in the harbor tomorrow." "Its supposed to be really nice." "That would be great" said Meggie.

The next morning they still hadn't seen a single person. But they decided to enjoy themselves anyway. They explored a little and found a sign that said, Do Not Enter The Middle For There Is Treasure But Also Danger!

"Its a riddle", said Meggie. "I wonder what it meant." Meggie and her dad were curious about what it ment but went scubbadiving anyway.

At first, they saw beautiful rocks and coral but no fish. "Hey dad", said Meggie. "I see a light in the middle of the harbor." "Becareful", said her dad following her. "Dad" called Meggie."Look, its a ship graveyard!" They were both shocked. "What could have happend", said dad. "I dont no", said Meggie. "We better leave", said dad. "I dont like this place. "Im going to explore", said Meggie.The graveyard was filled with old rusty boats and treasure. "This is what the riddle must of meant", said Meggie. "But where is the danger. Meggie went ahead and dad didnt like it one little bit. Aaaaaahh!!All of a sudden he heard meggie scream. "Meggie, Meggie", yelled dad. "Im ok", meggie yelled back.

She swam over to dad as fast as she could. "dad, I think I just saw a ghost", said Meggie. That day they went to town and asked some people about the ghost she saw but they thought she was crazy and walked away.

Finally,she came to a small fishing shop. A man there recognized the discription. "His name is one eyed bill",said the man. "One day he went out in the harbor but never came back just like many others who whent out. Come to think of it, all those people were looking for the treasure that was down there." The next day she went back but never found the graveyard again.

20 Years Later

Everyone thought the famous author Meggie was crazy because she believed in ghosts.She was really down in the dumps because the last person to believe her just died. Her father.
© Copyright 2004 Kevin (kevdude at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/834006-The-Haunted-Harbor