*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/837644-Entrancement
Rated: E · Fiction · Ghost · #837644
brief story about a paranormal incident and why people don't believe
They say that it is the way the light falls on the windows. But I know for sure… after last night. After last night, I altered my perspective on everything paranormal. You don’t need an explanation every time… not really.

I’ll begin in my old, well-worn style of writing by explaining the background of the highly inexplicable paragraph above. I started off my life after college by investigating everything even vaguely related to the paranormal. I skimmed through them easily and quickly, finding acceptable explanations for each. Then I came upon another enigma: a trembling old hall, satisfactorily christened: “Old Hall”.

The mystery surrounding it appeared commonplace enough, the people said that every evening, the dancing figures of age old guests could be seen, floating from the middle of the 17 by 10 foot carved crystal glass. It was this glass that was the crowning glory of that town. It was thick, on account of being carved out of crystal and painted with the scene of a medieval French party. Its level of detail was great enough to show each and every curly lash of the eighteen women depicted. If stared at long enough, the viewer fancied they heard the genteel tap of the men’s shoes and the faint rustle of voluminous silk and chiffon. Many swore they saw the fabric shift and expressions upon the painted faces change.

I too saw it and one day I suppose, will also swear to all that and more. I am one of the few alive who have witnessed the figures step from the glass and onto the sanded floor to dance and twirl to faint music. I did not perceive a trick of the light because I saw it five hours shy of dawn. In the darkness, the dimensions of the room appeared infinite and I sensed the presence of an entity unknown,
I will not grow into detail, being entirely averse to the concept and feeling it tiresome. All I’ll enlighten you with is that throughout the early years of my wanderings, the enigma of Old Hall is the only true inexplicable activity after the incident of the Records of Alchemy. There is only one explanation: the entrancement of the viewer’s mind and sense by the sheer enormity and beauty of the glass. Entrancement, not to be mistaken by enchantment. You probably do not understand, but that is not my motive. The entrancement enhances the effect and therefore proves why most skeptics have never beheld a sight so beautiful and forbidding as a paranormal vision. They are simply not willing to be entranced, to be captured in the power of something they cannot comprehend. Such people are to be pitied.




© Copyright 2004 Vytelyter (vytelyter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/837644-Entrancement