*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/841361-Essay-for-School
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Appendix · Other · #841361
well it speaks about pornography rasict material and ect.
Yes, I think the internet should be regulated in libraries because such content as pornography should not be allowed to be viewed by children. Yes, they are people who think that this is violating freedom of speech, but everything has it's limits. Besides, the veiwing of pornography is harmful, it's degrading of women, a danger to children, and encourages a perverted and harmful of sex. The same goes for drugs, racist material and/or such other harmful material , they always give you the wrong view on the subject and such material should be restricted. Yes, there are people who think that parents should sit with their kids and tell them what is wrong and that such entertainment is not worth watching, and that is true, but the community has just a responsiblity to it's citizens to protect their children from such entertainment, for these children are our future. We don't want to harm them by letting such disgusting and harmful material be in their reach.The libraries have such a responsibility. Also, institutions such as libraries have a right to restrict what should be viewed on their computers. For example, if a person uses the computer at the library to engage in illegal activity the library can be held liable.
© Copyright 2004 Shawna Marie (thynameis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/841361-Essay-for-School