*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/847635-Whispers-of-a-quiet-wind
by Makua
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #847635
A poem about two lovers first passionate gaze into the others eyes
Whispers of a quiet wind on a dark night,
a round whole moon filled the midnight sky.
Crackles and sparks cut through evening air.
In between a glowing fire alive with hot flames, mysterious eyes glance and hold their place.
With only a drunken laugh to disturb such a gaze, slyly, both eyes move away.
Later, I realize, deep within, a spark from the fire that night, seemed to drift away, and settle peacefully in my soul, igniting a hot, slow burning flame.
Now here alone, as my mind begins to wander, and I remember that night, I begin to recall your mess of curls, brown and untamed.
Your warm dark eyes peering out to the world, still hiding behind a protective wall of innocence.
This vision in my mind alone awakens tiny butterflies, sleeping sound in my stomach, and softly they begin to beat their wings.
A smile spreads across my lips, slowly I close my eyes and allow myself to slip into a pool filled with memories of you.
I float in waters of remembrance of those eyes, that tangled mess of hair, a soft unrevealing smile.
And then it seems, that the flame, nestled deep within my soul, burns more steadily, stronger, and hotter than ever.
© Copyright 2004 Makua (morrocanbreeze at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/847635-Whispers-of-a-quiet-wind