*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/854920-We-will-always-be-friends-WIP
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Relationship · #854920
Who says platonic relationships are not possible? (Work-in-progress)
It was nearing the end of my second year semester; a week before the examinations were to began. I just finished a tiring three-hour lecture on Electrical Machines and Devices. As I left the lecture hall, I saw a large group of fellow second years crowding around the announcement board.
"It must be the results of our elective postings!! C'mon Sher, Lets see what have we got!"
Sharon is always excited at these announcements, even if some were just rubbish. Tagging and dragging me towards the board filled with papers, we managed to squeeze to the front. In bold, the heading said "Third Year Engineering Elective", and it was separated into two columns: "Internship", and "Final-Year Project".
I had ranked for internship during a module ranking session, and of the many companies listed, the aerospace one caught my most attention. And because of that, I chose to be in the "Power Engineering" elective. I had hoped ever since to get in there, as I heard that only students with required grades would be allowed. The company itself will take in a maximum of five students only. I'm not a grade ‘A’ kind of student, so I had only prayed.
Looking at the list, I searched for the company. That was when I saw my name printed just below the company of my choice. I had got in! But as I looked further for the rest who would be in the same company as me, I do not recognize their names. They must be from the forward path group. But overall, there were only three students in total selected to do internship at Aerospace.
-------------------------------------------------
I had ended my second year semester with confidence after the last examination paper. We were called into a briefing on the various companies a week later. I saw a few of my fellow lecture mates and we chatted a while. Jenny called out to me to sit with her. I sat myself between Jenny and a guy whom I have never met. We introduced ourselves and I found out his name was Gerald. He was also going to the same company as me. We laughed at such funny coincidence. The lecturer entered the conference room and started the briefing. An attendance sheet was passed around to mark for any absentees. As the meeting pressed on, I notice a guy sitting in front of me, listening very attentively and not speaking to anyone around him. It felt strange to me, because even if you happen to be in a room mixed with students from various classes, you would have found at least some friends from the same lecture. I thought he could be a little anti-social. Even Gerald could introduced himself and we even chatted a bit.
Maybe I was a little too sensitive, but I had felt something very strange about him. It gives me a rather warm feeling, and makes me wonder that something is going to happen about him.
Soon, the lecturer ended his briefing and requested everyone to search for his or her teammates, whom they will be in the same company. Gerald called out the company name. I was surprised that he responded. It was no mistake, the last of the three names listed to go Aerospace: Dennis.
-------------------------------------------------
The instructor walked around the various groups to their respective companies, and handed out the assignments that we are to complete during the time we spend on internship. On passing to our group, he also handed each of us a guide to the regulations of the area we are heading.
"Welcome to STA. During the period of internship with the company, please take heed of the following rules while you are in the premises. No photographing or video-taking in any area of the company, as well as the surrounding bases and buildings. Cameras of any kind, including camera mobile phones are prohibited in this high-security area. Reframe from taking in disc or any data storage devices. Bags will be searched daily by security officers and anything deemed prohibited will be retained by the officers. Geesh, they really do things in 'style'. I'm beginning to regret even choosing this."
Gerald snorted while glancing thorugh the guide.
© Copyright 2004 radically new (coolemon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/854920-We-will-always-be-friends-WIP