*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/855170-You
by Lucana
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #855170
A Lover's Note.
In the dark, I lost my way.
I was all alone, but you came and rescued me.
You saved me from the prison in which I created.
Even if we didn’t know it, you were there for me.

I came to realize that I depend on your being there.
My love for you fills the black void of nothingness that used to be my heart.
I love you like the flower loves the morning dew in the softest rays of sunlight.
I love you like the flower loves the rain on its soft petals.
I love you like the flower loves the air nurturing it to health.
I love you so much, that my battered and broken heart lay to rest in your delicate hands.

When I was sad, the thought of you would brighten my spirits.
When I was hurt, the thought of you would make the pain go away.
When I was broken, the thought of you would help me pick myself up.
When I was depressed, the thought of you made the sun shine through.
For that, I want to return the comforts and joys that you have given me.

I know that we fight sometimes, but in the end we always make-up for the better.
I am a fighter, I know. God made me so, but he also gave me you.
I promised myself that I until I die, I will fight for you with my life.
To me, you are the best gift that God has ever given me.

I, now, bathe in your presence, because one day, without wanting to or without warning,
You will leave me behind to go on to the next world.
Though when you do, my reason for living will be gone.

If you ever left me alone in this cold, cruel world, I’m afraid that I’d go mad with grief and sorrow.
My world would turn from
The beautiful rose garden, in which we’ve planted throughout the years together,
To a frozen wasteland of pain, in which you will leave behind when you pass away.

If you ever leave me alone to wander in the dark, as I did so many years ago,
I’d be as devastated as the flower will be when the sun is blocked out.
You are the only thing that keeps me going through the day and through the night.
I endure all the pain and strife only for you.

If it weren’t for you I wouldn’t be standing here today.
If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t be have this endless need to
Better myself so that one day I can stand at the Pearly White Gates,
And be able to walk through them to be with you forever in the land of eternal bliss.
You are the light at the end of my dark tunnel.
© Copyright 2004 Lucana (themusic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/855170-You