*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/856435-Runaway-Home
Rated: 13+ · Folder · Drama · #856435
Folder containing my first attempt at a novel
         This folder contains my first attempt at writing a novel. I did not intend to write a full-length novel when I started out, however. I've had issues with having been adopted all my life. I won't bore you with the details here. You can check out my port for more on the subject if you like. *Smile*

         I've been a closet writer since my teens, some twenty years ago. I began writing this story at work, during slow times, as a way to make sense of some of the anger I had buried inside of me. Some of my co-workers 'caught' me writing it and began following along. Soon, they were hounding me for more, and before I knew it, I'd written this complete novel. Now, they're begging me for a sequel. *Laugh* This story has taken me almost a year to complete, including the scant editing I've done and several re-writes. I welcome any and all honest, critical reviews.

         The story is set in a real place, North Olmsted, Ohio. It's a suburb of Cleveland, and the place where I grew up. The main character Kristen, is basically myself. All that has to do with her, including the characterization of her parents and best friend, is based on fact. Her personality, emotions and physical traits were mine during my teenage years. The only fiction in the story is Troy, the supporting characters that surround him, and the plot. Although, even the plot is taken from a similar experience that I had at the age of fourteen... at least the first chapter anyway.

         Now that you know the story behind Runaway Home, please don't let it deter you from honest, constructive, critical reviews. My feeling are not hurt easily and after all, it's my story. *Bigsmile* If you don't like it, oh well...I've still got my day job.
PORTFOLIO  
Portfolio -> Runaway Home
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/856435-Runaway-Home