*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/858775-Poor-Old-Jenny
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Psychology · #858775
There is a lot of room to interpret this story's purpose and meaning for yourself.
Poor Old Jenny
9/26/03

Poor old Jenny walked into her room one late night after work. No one knows what poor old Jenny does. No one knows where poor old Jenny works. No one knows who poor old Jenny is. This is all because poor old Jenny is not real. With this in mind, here we go.

When we last left off, poor old Jenny was walking into her room after work. When she sat down on her bed, a cold shiver flew up her spine. The shiver burst a hole in poor old Jenny’s poor old head and flew right out. It landed on the floor in front of her. It was small, blue, and sort of looked like a demented ice cube. It crawled up onto her lap and stared into her face. When she finally gave it a smile, it returned the favor with a loud, “Hello!” but poor old Jenny did not hear it. Poor old Jenny did not hear it because she didn’t have any ears. Poor old Jenny didn’t have any ears, because poor old Jenny isn’t real, and people who aren’t real certainly cannot have ears.

When poor old Jenny woke up the next day, she didn’t really wake up. She didn’t really wake up because she’s not real, and people who are not real certainly cannot wake up. She didn’t really get out of her bed, and she didn’t really walk downstairs and make herself breakfast. And she certainly didn’t take the dog for a walk, if I’m certain of anything, I’m certain of that. Did I also mention that she didn’t really walk into her room, sorry for the misconception.

Actually, when it really comes down to it, poor old Jenny didn’t really do anything. And do you know why? I’ll give you one guess. That’s right! Poor old Jenny didn’t do poor old anything because poor old Jenny isn’t real, and people who aren’t real certainly cannot do anything.
© Copyright 2004 Eyepatch (juddgaff77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/858775-Poor-Old-Jenny