*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/866170-Introduction-to-Charlie
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #866170
Introducing my daughter to the world!
On the day my daughter was born,
I looked down at her and she stole my heart.
I swore on that day I would give her the world,
but it was she, through her eyes, who gave me the world.
You will forever be my teacher, Charlie.


I have experienced a lot more than just motherhood from Charlie. I have told you a lot about Charlie but not really described her to you. Maybe you can catch a glimpse of her through my eyes. . .

I love watching the world through her eyes. All the new adventures and excitement. It is almost like living my childhood all over again through her eyes. We are alike in some ways and different in so many other. I know that you will fall in love with her the moment you lay eyes on her. She is a very special child. Yes she is a little hyperactive but I believe that is because she wants to experience everything.

I like to watch her play with her toys. . . how she interacts with them. Sometimes she plays valiantly, other times compassionate and motherly and other times there is a sense of sensuality. Through her and her friends I've learned how to be a better person. Her best friend, Patricia, and her sometimes get into major fights, I mean real bad fights. They scream names at each other and promise never to lay eyes on each other again . . . within a minute's time they are in each others arms whispering secrets to each other. Charlie doesn't even know how to hold a grudge and I hope she never learns.

I do believe she has a sixth sense. She always knows the right thing to say at the right moment. The other night when I was feeling a little down, she curled up to me on the couch, put her little hand in mine. She put her little head up to my chest and I could smell the faint fragrance of her shampoo. She said nothing for the longest time just stayed cuddled in my arms. I was content holding my little girl. Then she turned to me and looked into my eyes with her hazel eyes and kissed me on the nose. Do you know what she told me? She told me,"the best thing about tomorrow is that you will be there with me. I still cry when I think of that.

I know I've made a lot of mistakes with my life but Charlie was never one of them. Everything about her is right and pure. . . . even when she does embarrass me with "words of wisdom" in the supermarket or in front of one of my friends/relatives.

____________________________________
A Mother/Child Fascination

Today while walking near the pond up the road Charlie and I saw life starting to regenerate itself in the water. Tiny fish had started to school together and swim in the shallow water. Charlie loved to run to the edge and cast her shadow over them causing them to scurry in all directions. We made up a game to see how close we could get to the water before they would scurry. Then we made up little stories about what the tiny fish must be thinking. I have to admit Charlie's tale beat out mine. Gosh, I'm proud of her.

She told a tale of how the tiny fish were brothers and sisters and how their mommy had told them about the giants who lived on the shore. They were told about how the giants would sometimes grab the tiny fishies and put them in the zoo. The next day, they were told by their Mom to go to school. However, the tiny fish agreed that it would be much more fun to go to the surface and get a look at the giants. They would wait as long as they could while their tiny hearts beat fast in their chests until fear overcame them and they would scurry away . . . alive to tell their children of the giants on the shore.

Of course there were frogs in the pond as well. Charlie tried to catch one but those little buggers were way too fast. (Good because there was no way I was letting her take one home. . . . . YUCK!) She liked watching them jump in the water, swim with their long legs and then poke just their eyes out of the water watching, always watching.

Myself, I was expecting to hear, "Bud. . . Wise. . . er".
© Copyright 2004 Enchantress MysticJoy (mysticjoy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/866170-Introduction-to-Charlie